The Pie (1/1)
By Lois_Lane_Fan
Rated: G

Disclaimer: All characters belong to DC Comics and Warner Bros.

As a special treat for the Fourth of July holiday, the staff of the Daily Planet had been treated to a shortened work day and a picnic lunch, which was optional for the employees to attend. The food had been supplied by the staff of the Daily Planet themselves. For each person who had attended the event, it had been mandatory to bring at least one item.

At the moment, Clark stood in front of Cat and Lois, looking at the table of food before him as he tried to decide whether to take a slice of banana cream pie or to take a slice of chocolate cream pie.

"Don't take the banana cream pie, Clark," Cat interjected. "Lois made it. You should try the chocolate cream pie instead. I made it, and it's delicious."

"Don't listen to her, Clark" Lois said. "My pie tastes much better than hers."

"Ha!" Cat responded. "There's only one thing that that pie might be good for. A Frisbee." Cat let out a slight giggle at her own joke.

Clark let out a bit of a snicker himself, but then he stopped when he noticed that Lois wasn't laughing.

Lois took a deep breath and replied, "Oh, I can think of one other thing my pie is good for."

"And what would that be?" Cat smirked.

Lois picked her pie up off of the table and shoved it into Cat's face, taking careful attention to make sure to smear it all around Cat's face despite her muffled protests.

Cat began to rub the pie away from her eyes as Clark laughed, this time at her expense instead of Lois'.

"Two can play at that game, Lois," Cat replied as she reached for her own pie to throw it in Lois' direction.

Lois was too fast for Cat, though. She grabbed the pie before Cat's hand could reach it and held it close to Cat's face threateningly.

Cat took a step back and held up her hands in defeat. "Lois, no. You don't really want to do this, do you?"

At this point, a bit of a crowd was beginning to form around the two women, interested in what the outcome of this would be. "I say you should get her, Lois," Jimmy shouted out.

Cat shot Jimmy a glare and then turned back to Lois. "Lois," Cat said her name slowly as she took another step back. "Don't!"

Lois wouldn't listen, though. She smiled and then rubbed the pie across Cat's face. As gooey chocolate ran down Cat's face, the crowd of people laughed. As the laughter finally began to subside a minute later, Perry walked over to Cat, a towel in his hand.

"I'd take this as a lesson," he said. "Never, ever make fun of a woman's cooking! Never! The same thing happened to me the time I told Alice that she should learn how to bake from my mother." As he handed the towel to Cat, he let out another laugh, shook his head, and then shuddered at the thought.

As Cat wiped the pie from her face, she could see that Lois was laughing so hard she was red in the face. "Laugh it up, Lois. I''ll pay you back next year. Just you wait and see."

"Good luck with that, Cat," Los replied, still laughing.

THE END