Print Thread
#264571 07/04/15 01:47 PM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
So ...

TOC

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
I was wondering how the revelation would occur. It never seemed like he'd had enough time for her to know and knowing it would end in only a few chapters gave me the impression that either a) she'd figure it out (as happened here) or b) there wouldn't be a revelation (and unlikely situation). I really love her shock at Clark Kent being alive and well long after her dear Aunt Lois passed on.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Kerth
Kerth
Cliffhanged! wallbash Darn it! Lol I enjoyed seeing both of them getting closer to the other, but still holding back, starting out as friends, but feeling that there may be something more. I also like that Clark kept the Kerth Award, that he didn't discard everything from his former life after he "died". Looking forward to the conclusion. smile

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lauren just saw a ghost. He inhabits her great-aunt's apartment. No wonder her aunt Lois never moved. She was living with the ghost of her long-since-died partner Clark Kent. Completely understandable that Lauren would grab her bag and bolt. From my understanding, Lauren and Clark never did anything outside of the apartment. They only met and ate or watched movies or talked while at Lois's old apartment. Clearly, Lauren never invited him along to dinner when reviewing a restaurant (probably not allowed anyway). I'd bolt too, if I had suddenly realized that the man I had fallen in love with was a ghost of my great-aunt's long-lost-love. It's a pretty freaky thing to happen. I can see that being her first jump-to point rather than Clark Jonson is Clark Kent is Superman. Like Lois, she'd most likely come to the correct answer with deeper thought, though.

Poor Clark. Still on edge. Still can't handle it whenever Clark Kent or Superman are mentioned. I'm guessing Superman is still around (since he showed up to the will reading). He can't even handle when Clark's aliases (Charlie) are brought up in conversation. He especially doesn't know how to not react when Lauren mentions how much Lois loved Clark. Lauren and Clark seem to discuss Lois and her long-departed love Clark Kent far too often for Clark's nerves.

I hope Clark runs after her and makes her see that he's not a figment of her imagination or the Twilight Zone. For their relationship to survive this, they need to leave Lois's apartment and Lois's ghost behind them and live without her constantly shadowing them. That's the truth, sad though it might be.

Looking forward to a waffy ending!

Thanks for explaining what happened to the father of Lucy's first child. So sad that she would lose the father of her baby (while pregnant, possibly even before knowing she was pregnant). I could see such a death bonding Lois and Lucy stronger together (as Lois had lost Clark too early as well). Sooooooo, is Lauren Johnny Corban's granddaughter? evil

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
Omg Virginia! Lauren sees dead people!!! That would be a fabulous twist! rotflol

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
What-A-Cliffhanger! jawdrop clap

To be Lauren right about now. What she must be thinking! help shock dizzy --but also, deep down love.

I am SO curious where you will take us in the last section. Lauren has got to be thinking something very strange is going on with 'Clark'--ie now Kent. Can she get past that he lied to her? Can she get past the fact that THIS was Aunt Lois' great love? Like Virginia stated, there is a lot of discussion about Lois and Clark Kent--how much Lois cared for him, wanted to be with him. Can she separate that information and love, and create a new loving relationship for herself?

And...can Clark?

Must Read More! grovel. GREAT job!
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Christina
I was wondering how the revelation would occur. It never seemed like he'd had enough time for her to know and knowing it would end in only a few chapters gave me the impression that either a) she'd figure it out (as happened here) or b) there wouldn't be a revelation (and unlikely situation). I really love her shock at Clark Kent being alive and well long after her dear Aunt Lois passed on.
I'm a sucker for revelations. I couldn't write this without one!

Originally Posted by groobie
Cliffhanged! wallbash Darn it! Lol I enjoyed seeing both of them getting closer to the other, but still holding back, starting out as friends, but feeling that there may be something more. I also like that Clark kept the Kerth Award, that he didn't discard everything from his former life after he "died". Looking forward to the conclusion. smile
Thanks. I like how the Kerth Award gave him away. I thought about what items he may have kept in some long term storage, and this was one of them.

Originally Posted by VirginiaR
Lauren just saw a ghost.
LOL

He inhabits her great-aunt's apartment. No wonder her aunt Lois never moved. She was living with the ghost of her long-since-died partner Clark Kent. Completely understandable that Lauren would grab her bag and bolt. From my understanding, Lauren and Clark never did anything outside of the apartment. They only met and ate or watched movies or talked while at Lois's old apartment. Clearly, Lauren never invited him along to dinner when reviewing a restaurant (probably not allowed anyway). I'd bolt too, if I had suddenly realized that the man I had fallen in love with was a ghost of my great-aunt's long-lost-love. It's a pretty freaky thing to happen. I can see that being her first jump-to point rather than Clark Jonson is Clark Kent is Superman. Like Lois, she'd most likely come to the correct answer with deeper thought, though.
Okay, I've never shown anything outside of the apartment, and actually, they have always met at the apartment - when Lauren would choose to come over. Clark never chased Lauren, or called her, it was always Lauren coming over. But still ... they have eaten together ... hugged ... drunk wine, etc, etc. Lauren knows that Clark Jonson is a real person, and he bought the apartment from the Superman Foundation. There is furniture that has been moved into the apartment. Who would this belong to? She's never seen the real owner, if Clark is a ghost. While this idea made me laugh ... A LOT ... it never occurred to Lauren that he was a ghost.

Poor Clark. Still on edge. Still can't handle it whenever Clark Kent or Superman are mentioned.
Nope. It worries him ... a little!

I'm guessing Superman is still around (since he showed up to the will reading).
Yes. Superman has been around constantly.

He can't even handle when Clark's aliases (Charlie) are brought up in conversation. He especially doesn't know how to not react when Lauren mentions how much Lois loved Clark. Lauren and Clark seem to discuss Lois and her long-departed love Clark Kent far too often for Clark's nerves.
There's probably been plenty of evenings where the subject never came up ... I just showed these particular evenings.

I hope Clark runs after her and makes her see that he's not a figment of her imagination or the Twilight Zone. For their relationship to survive this, they need to leave Lois's apartment and Lois's ghost behind them and live without her constantly shadowing them. That's the truth, sad though it might be.
Clark will not run after her. As I said above, he is NOT chasing her. While he considers her a friend, he is not forcing the relationship - for a variety of reasons.

Looking forward to a waffy ending!
Oh, it is ... I think.

Thanks for explaining what happened to the father of Lucy's first child. So sad that she would lose the father of her baby (while pregnant, possibly even before knowing she was pregnant). I could see such a death bonding Lois and Lucy stronger together (as Lois had lost Clark too early as well). Sooooooo, is Lauren Johnny Corban's granddaughter? evil
It most definitely bonded Lois and Lucy. As for Johnny Corban being the father .... it's a possibility ... smile but it's NOT important or definitely decided upon. Author makes NO decision on this fact.

Originally Posted by groobie
Omg Virginia! Lauren sees dead people!!! That would be a fabulous twist! rotflol
*nods* Yup, it would.

Originally Posted by LMA
What-A-Cliffhanger! jawdrop clap

To be Lauren right about now. What she must be thinking! help shock dizzy --but also, deep down love.
She is in serious shock.

I am SO curious where you will take us in the last section. Lauren has got to be thinking something very strange is going on with 'Clark'--ie now Kent. Can she get past that he lied to her? Can she get past the fact that THIS was Aunt Lois' great love? Like Virginia stated, there is a lot of discussion about Lois and Clark Kent--how much Lois cared for him, wanted to be with him. Can she separate that information and love, and create a new loving relationship for herself?
You will find out soon. Not everything is covered in the chapter, but be assured that all those things have been thought about/will be dealt with by the characters in off-screen-ville.

And...can Clark?
The BIG question. Can Clark deal with what's happening between him and Lauren?

Must Read More! grovel. GREAT job!
Laura
Coming soon.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard