Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
C
I'm finding out that having an infant is good writing time (She has to be on my lap, therefore I'm stuck at the computer and there's only so many times you can check and re-check a forum before you need to move on and find something else to do). With that said, writing in order has gone on the backburner and there's nothing more I'd like to do than to get When Pheromones Attack/Love Revealed back to postable status.

The same goes for getting "Late Night Phone call" postable again. I "tore it apart" trying to add to one of the versions and now I'm not at all happy with it while before I was just ok with it (which is usually where I am with most stories I get to posted status).

I'd LOVE to get "A Super Date in the Clouds" finished and posted. It and Late Night Phone call are all so WAFFY in different ways (Late night is R to NC-17 while "A Super Date.." is meant to be 100% g/pg fic) while "When Pheromones Attack" is a bit angsty and tension-filled (sexual tension filled of course).

So basically I want these done! I'd post a partial of "When Pheromones Attack" as the nfic section is so very dead right now except for KenJ's constant works but I'm thinking it's going to change extensively. Maybe I should post the deleteds that might be spoilery (as usually I end up constantly writing scenes I keep deleting because I don't want them to be there yet).

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Kerth
Kerth
New nfic is always welcome! devil

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Kerth
Kerth
Christina,

You aren't alone! Sometimes it feels like RL has conspired to put me on permanent hiatus. dizzy

Just keep plugging away -- you'll get there. And, for heaven's sake, DON'T delete stuff just because the characters aren't there yet! Keep those scenes and work towards them, or use them in another fic. It's a shame to waste anything the muse gives you. thumbsup

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
N
Features Writer
Features Writer
N
Christina, I think everyone has been there.. I pretty much stopped writing (in another fandom) after having my first child and it took me over 2 years to get back to a point where writing didn't feel like a chore.
So don't give up hope! We'll be here when you get back to it smile

Originally Posted by Sue S.
And, for heaven's sake, DON'T delete stuff just because the characters aren't there yet! Keep those scenes and work towards them, or use them in another fic. It's a shame to waste anything the muse gives you.

I totally agree with Sue, don't delete it! Cut and paste it into another file, you never know when those sections will come in handy.

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks Christina, I think. I don't know if that's a compliment or a complaint. ;-) Just kidding. I can't help it if at work I have a lot of time on my hands. I just try to put it to good use. Each of us has a hobby at work. Mine is writing. Another guy studies chess. (I THINK HE WANTS TO BE A GRAND MASTER) Another is into Game of Thrones, you get the idea. I figure I have about 3 or 4 more years until I retire so I'll take advantage of the available time.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
C
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
C
Originally Posted by Sue S.
Just keep plugging away -- you'll get there. And, for heaven's sake, DON'T delete stuff just because the characters aren't there yet! Keep those scenes and work towards them, or use them in another fic. It's a shame to waste anything the muse gives you. thumbsup

Originally Posted by NostalgiaKick
I totally agree with Sue, don't delete it! Cut and paste it into another file, you never know when those sections will come in handy.

I'm currently keeping a Deleted scenes document with specifically that version denoted on it. I think I'm up to four or five consummations that I've had to cut because Lois isn't ready. Or rather, Lois shouldn't be ready to capitulate as soon as those scenes occur.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard