Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#264561 07/04/15 02:46 AM
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Hopefully, this is worth the wait -- at least it's not all bad news, right? smile

Happy Independence Day weekend (or just happy July 4th), everyone!

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yea! hyper You've posted again!

It's good to see life through James's eyes, to see what he's been up to, see how Lois and Clark are faint echoes of their previous great selves. I'm glad the good doctors have an idea, but will it work? Is it viable? What is it?!

Lois still sitting on the sofa, the next morning... my heart aches. Admitting that she killed Clark Kent is the first step towards recovery, right? I'm glad that James didn't give her platitudes. She doesn't deserve them, in his mind. She did do this. At least, he was willing to allow her to come on board in his pet project of finding CK within the still beating heart of Superman.

Luthor has finally raised his evil head. Stalking Lois, hmmmm. Is it because of his obsession with her or as a means to get at Superman? I'm glad that Clark hasn't forgotten about the man and is still working on a way to get him behind bars.

I'm so glad you're feeling better and posting again. Happy 4th to you as well.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
I really like this part's look at James, at understanding why he was so determined to be Clark's friend - so willing to give up Jimmy's life and transform himself into James. Just as Clark has sacrificed part of himself (the CK part, typified by the Godzilla story), James has sacrificed his Jimmy part (his innocence, his photography, his career) in order to pursue the goal of reviving Clark Kent. You did an excellent job establishing James' loyalty, and have left an interesting hint that there may be a way to undo some of the damage Lois' story did. Maybe. wink

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Like others have said, it's nice to get insight into how Jimmie became James. Love the idea that his strength of his feelings for Clark and his family helped him do things he could've have imagined before.

And a plan to get Clark Kent back? I love it! Can't wait to read the details.

Joan

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Another excellent part.

I liked seeing James's POV, and I am curious about what the good doctors have come up with. (I'm also wondering how "our" Superman came to know John Henry Irons and Kitty Faulkner -- at least, I am assuming that they are the "Dr. Irons" and "Dr. Faulkner" you mentioned. And since story deviates from the first season's canon, I'll also add that I am curious about how your Superman met the other two doctors, as well.)

James welcoming Lois into the family will do a lot to help them both heal, and will make both of them stronger and in a better position to tackle their self-appointed mission.

Joy,
Lynn

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
"You know what, Lois?” he asks softly. Intently. Urgently. “We know that Clark is important. We know the world is wrong. And we can convince CK of it. It’ll take time, and effort, everything we have, and maybe more besides. But I’m pretty sure it’s worth it. So I guess the question is…what will you do to bring Clark Kent back?”

“Anything,” Lois breathes, her eyes locked on him as if she has never seen him before (the way she’s looked at him, briefly, a few times this past week, but never like this, so openly, so fully). “I’ll do anything.”

Something loosens its suffocating hold on his lungs, and James can’t help but grin at her. Proud and relieved but still wary (because for Lois Lane, anything is a broad spectrum). “Then, Lois, welcome to the family.”

hail mecry notworthy --Touching...completely and utterly. You had me crying. With relief, with understanding. A completely honest moment--one of the first since Lois arrived. How much Lois needed this. To feel accepted. To have a purpose.

She needs a purpose because then she can fight. And she will fight--for Clark. Something tells me that this might be the turning point Lois needed. Hitting rock bottom...and then seeing light.

And I am so glad for James (but really for Jimmy). He's had to grow up so quickly these last few months. Hold the weight of the world on his shoulders for his friend who couldn't. Protect a family who wasn't able to protect themselves. Jimmy has been wearing a disguise--the business suit/ the tie--to hold everything together. Now maybe he can get a bit of relief.

Lois is a powerhouse, when she wants to be. She creates change--whether good, or bad wink. Jimmy knows what all she is capable of...it's the reason he avoided her for so long after everything fell apart.

And now he knows that she understands her implications in all of this mess. She's broken with guilt. She has probably more personal motivation in this--to fix things, right things--than anyone. Hopefully her pain can help put all of these broken pieces back together.

Definitely excited to hear what the doctors are cooking up. An option, even a slight one, would be amazing.

As always, can't wait for more smile
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
The sun isn’t even up when James slaps off his alarm and yawns his way out of bed.

<screeching brake sound>

Morning? But...but...but...Lois didn't talk to Clark under her breath as she sobbed into her pillow...

Give him a computer any day, he thinks with a smirk

And there's the Jimmy we love.

The Superman Foundation is still based in Metropolis, and a significant portion of his busy days are spent on the private jets and rented helicopters used to ferry him from California to New Troy.

Yikes! If New Troy is eastern seaboard (as it appears to be in the show), that's like 5 1/2 hours each way by plane.

And maybe it’s not only Clark he should have been worrying about--maybe he should be worrying about Lois, too.

Love this.

“You did. You made him think it. Perry made him think it. Every one of us at the Daily Planet made him think it. The entire world lets him think that. And right now, there’s only a very few of us who are trying to let him know that the world is wrong. Clark’s probably the most selfless person I’ve ever met, so it’s not exactly easy trying to convince him to put Clark Kent ahead of the world. But you know what, Lois?”

I love this! Jimmy gets a hug!

So I guess the question is…what will you do to bring Clark Kent back?

YES!!!!!!!!

(because for Lois Lane, anything is a broad spectrum)

Ha! Totally true!

but James has finally managed to convince him that is just not a manly way to be carried.

Hahahahaha! Awesome!

That is why James is heading toward a meeting Clark only thinks he knows the reason for.

Oooh?

I…I picked up a few more paper trails on the Boss, and they all very conclusively lead to Luthor.

Oooh! And suddenly, a rat appears....

And all because of a single Godzilla doll.

I still love that moment.

Because Clark had listened, and Clark had cared (about Jimmy’s ideas, and Jimmy’s troubles with Perry, and Jimmy’s life; about Jimmy, before he became James), and James wants to do the same for Clark.

Love this. The forging of a brotherhood.

Dr. Klein is the first to stand

Bernie!!!!!!!!! So glad to see him!

just after the reveal…

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm...........

“No matter what we say or do, there will always be people who won’t buy it, who will insist that Clark Kent and Superman are the same.”

Oohhhh!!!!!!!!

“Something?” Every nerve in James’s body is set suddenly alight. “That’s far more than we’ve had up until now. What is it?”

Some weird guy claiming to be HG Wells with a time machine??? wink

No, no, no! We can't stop there! You missed a week, so we get double posts, right? Right??? No? mecry

Love seeing this whole mess through the perspective of Jimmy. Nicely done!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Again, so sorry this chapter was late -- I tried to get to it earlier today to make sure I didn't miss, but time gets away from me no matter what I do! smile

I hope the good doctors' plan works, too, VirginiaR! It would be nice to get this universe looking more similar to the one we know and love without so much darkness. Unfortunately, this is a long story (it got away from me), so we'll see...

Ooh, I like that thought of James sacrificing for Clark just as Clark did for the world, groobie! Very nicely put! I know I say it all the time, but James has really turned into one of my favorite things about this story.

Thanks, scifiJoan! I've always loved Jimmy's capacity for loyalty, even when it's covered up by other things in the show.

smile I knew you would recognize the names of the doctors, Lynn! I admit, I wanted a team, and aside from Dr. Klein and Dr. Hamilton, there weren't too many scientists incorporated from the comics into the show, so I borrowed a few. I tried to give tiny nods to their characters without drawing attention to them. So far, though, Superman hasn't met the doctors; only James has. It is nice to have the great team of Lane and Olsen back together again on something!

Lois DOES need a purpose, LMA, and that's been one of the hardest things about this story, to have a Lois Lane so adrift through her own actions. I really liked the idea of James using the business suit as a disguise every bit as powerful as the Superman Suits. Thanks, as always, for your feedback!

No talking, DC -- I knew you would be disappointed about that! smile But right now, I don't think Lois has anything to say, and she's definitely not sure that Clark wants to hear anything she COULD say. James definitely does have a long trip to take both ways; no wonder he's always on the go through Lois's POV. If HG Wells showed up right now, I think I might get lynched! laugh Glad you're enjoying!

Thanks, everyone!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard