Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
party Whee! Its done!
Or is it? whistle There is a slight addition to the story which will be up in about two weeks. Being that its summertime I need just a tad more time to complete this little series.

Anyhow thanks to my betas KenJ, Andreia, MikeM and of course Sydney.

Comments are most welcome!

Last edited by Morgana; 06/28/15 09:08 PM.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Top Banana
Top Banana
I guess I will kick this off. I had only seen two of the subplots of this epilogue. I really works well as an entire piece. I still see Michael Rosenbaum as Lex in this story as he has always seemed to me to be a more redeemable Lex Luthor than John Shea's version. I really like what you did with he and Aykira in the end.

Great series (The Visitor Trilogy) with a nice combination of WAFF and angst and character redemption thrown in for good measure. This has been an effort to finish I suspect substantially due to all of the amazing detail you put into the story. It works well and Bravo!

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Top Banana
Top Banana
What a perfect ending!

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Kerth
Kerth
Good ending...I'm glad Lex and Aykira just agreed to be friends - it would be way too soon to think anything more could develop between them so quickly. Maybe in the future. wink The world has accepted Superman, but I doubt people are ready for ongoing interplanetary trade! laugh (Imagine trying to get that trade agreement passed through Congress! Lol)

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Perfect ending! clap It wouldn't have been fair if Lex had had a happily ever ending after what he did to Clark, but some form of contentment is okay. Considering that he could have had his molecules sprayed by the universe, this fate is not so bad. But still waiting for details on Lois's dizziness and Metal X. wink

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Ultra Woman
Perfect ending! clap It wouldn't have been fair if Lex had had a happily ever ending after what he did to Clark, but some form of contentment is okay. Considering that he could have had his molecules sprayed by the universe, this fate is not so bad. But still waiting for details on Lois's dizziness and Metal X. wink

Andreia

I don't know about Metal X but Jor-el kind of let the cat out of the bag about the dizziness with the "Using such phases are bound to happen, especially since my eldest son was raised on Terra, is married to a Terran woman and soon his ties to her will be even stronger." quote. Morgana will probably tie that bit up in a second epilogue or addendum story to this later this summer.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Top Banana
Top Banana
Loved it. It was wonderful to see Bernie and Abrihet tie the knot. You have made them into such real characters.

I loved that Clark and Lois are about to have a second honeymoon. Mmmmmm.

Can't wait for the next part you promised.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

He was talking so much the privacy partition was never closed. They wanted to be alone, intimate with one another, but the driver refused to be quiet.
Oops? They got the New Yorker cabbie driver?

For these two scientists, marriage was no longer a theory to be randomly guessed at, but a reality to be explored.
BERNIE: I hypothesize that if I forget our anniversary, my wife will become mad.
DIVORCED COLLEAGUE: I recommend not verifying this particular hypothesis via experiment.

Ultra Woman and Superman flew with ease over the Pacific Ocean to their tiny island getaway, named Kandor after the famous city on Old Krypton.
Lookie there. Someone established a permanent clothing-not-allowed colony on Earth.

Clark held back, permitting Lois to land first, he hoped she liked the special present he and friends and now a few family members from New Krypton had built.
So, Bruce Wayne set up an El-Cave for Clark?

Jor-El wouldn’t elaborate as to what those duties might be.”
Minister of colonial expansion?

“Okay, we can go in a minute ….” He said as their lips met.

Only their senses went swimming….
One minute later…
evil

No longer a criminal, he was now officially the house steward to the Om Collective. Vax-Om was greatly pleased, knowing the trust he had placed in the Terran had been rewarded.
[Linked Image] Is ‘house steward’ something like an unpaid laborer who is permanently associated with the remaining property of Vax-Om?

A man whose total personal wealth amounted to less than what Aykira Milan made the entire time she worked in Kansas City.
Cute one!

Perhaps someday Jor-El and his band of engineers and geneticists would find a way for a Terran to survive on New Krypton without all the fuss of special clothing and living quarters.
It’s easy. The Terran just has to engage in copious amounts of sexual intercourse with a Kryptonian male.

“The trial ended this morning. What were the results?”
Looking forward the extra dose of protein after the conspirators are put into the food reclamation unit?

is married to a Terran woman and soon his ties to her will be even stronger.”
Buuuuurn!

“Lois Lane-Kent will handle this latest development as she has with everything in her life
LOIS: dizzy *SUPERMAN!!!!!*

“What of Aykira Milan? She might be aware of who Superman truly is.”
Hoping Jor-El will drop her off on NK, too?

“The woman Aykira Milan – she is of importance to you?”
Oh, those Kryptonians! /points at Teej’s “Care and Training of Concubines” evil

Jor-El turned and gestured to the winding path leading up the hill. “Ask her yourself.”
shock jawdrop thud

But this woman does not deserve such a fate. Send her home I … I beg you.”
[Linked Image]

When we came here we brought much with us, but much was lost. Ms. Milan has access to resources my son does not.”
Yes, Earth could make a wonderful colony. And if Aykira mates with a Kryptonian functionary, she’ll gain the powers she’s entitled to as the Viceroy of Earth.

“Are you speaking a our two worlds setting up a trade agreement?”
You could call it that…

“My Lord, something puzzles me, in the past you have always seen me with at least one guard, today there are none. Why is that? Surely you did not believe I could harm you in that cell?”
Before today, Lex-Er has always been accompanied by Dru-Zod.

Until today, I did not trust myself from blasting you from existence.”
Oooooh! Twist!

four members had to resign or were terminated,
Ooooh! *Terminated*! evil

but how to deal with union people
Hmm…criminal enterprise, so…I’m guessing machine guns and drive bys?

New York City once LexCorp was established.”
LEX: *Gotham*? No, they have The Batman over there.

Together they sat in silence watching the red sun make its lazy descent below the horizon.
What an unexpected ending clap

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S

Great ending! But is it really the ending?

There is a slight addition to the story which will be up in about two weeks.

hyper

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
MikeM

I guess I will kick this off. I had only seen two of the subplots of this epilogue. I really works well as an entire piece. I still see Michael Rosenbaum as Lex in this story as he has always seemed to me to be a more redeemable Lex Luthor than John Shea's version. I really like what you did with he and Aykira in the end.

Great series (The Visitor Trilogy) with a nice combination of WAFF and angst and character redemption thrown in for good measure. This has been an effort to finish I suspect substantially due to all of the amazing detail you put into the story. It works well and Bravo!

As one of my betas I wanted you to be surprised and I am glad that was the case! clap

Michael Rosenbaum is very handsome and a delight to watch as Lex, but John Shea stole my heart many years ago when he was in Missing with Sissy Spacek and the late, great Jack Lemmon. I thought leaving Lex and Aykira there was the best possible solution. Somehow, I can never seem to get those two together ....

Details. Details. And more details. The only way to draw the reader into the action is to create an environment with more than a few basic lines. Describing Paris, Metal X and the marriage customs of two different cultures was a challenge, but I am so happy it worked out!

I don't know about Metal X but Jor-el kind of let the cat out of the bag about the dizziness with the "Using such phases are bound to happen, especially since my eldest son was raised on Terra, is married to a Terran woman and soon his ties to her will be even stronger." quote. Morgana will probably tie that bit up in a second epilogue or addendum story to this later this summer.

Metal X will be addressed.

I need to get this addendum story done in two weeks! There are other irons in the fire! goofy

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
AnnieB and Sydney

Thanks for saying the ending was perfect! Man, the research on this one was intense, but very educational!

There will be more. We have to know more about Lois nausea now don't we? smile1

Morgana

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Groobie

Good ending...I'm glad Lex and Aykira just agreed to be friends - it would be way too soon to think anything more could develop between them so quickly. Maybe in the future. wink The world has accepted Superman, but I doubt people are ready for ongoing interplanetary trade! laugh (Imagine trying to get that trade agreement passed through Congress! Lol)

As mentioned previously I left it there, but it doesn't mean they won't follow through on their own some day! twins For now they will be the best of friends.

Trade agreement with NK and passing it through congress? Yikes! help

Morgana

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard