Next Thread
Print Thread
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Comments are always welcomed! clap

thatweddinggirl.com

Since it mentioned, I thought it should be seen. Bernie and Abrihet's wedding cake is the fourth row down; three-tier cake with separate top.

Last edited by Morgana; 04/30/15 11:01 PM.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I really am starting to think I should be writing in another genra. The fight scene turned out well. Other fight scenes I have choreographed have been decent as well. Is there a karate/judo/aikido/medieval forum somewhere? Maybe a little gunplay thrown in for good measure. LOL

Anyway, thanks for giving me this scene in your fic to write. I hope everyone enjoyed reading it as much as I did writing it.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Top Banana
Top Banana
Fantastic update.

I loved the fight scene.

But more than that I loved .... Lois feeling nauseated ... grin

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
KenJ

It was great having you work on that scene! No way could I have gotten it done!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Top Banana
Top Banana
KK it just hit me what you were talking about dance . They should be quite happy.

The fight scene was pretty spectacular and Lex's concern for Aykira was a great demonstration of his new side. I actually loved the new Lex and his working with rather than against Jor-el. I expect (but don't know) that he will go back to New Krypton but probably no longer under lock and key but a regular contributing member of their society. With his skill, knowledge and cleverness he could contribute quite a lot.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Kerth
Kerth
I don't know how you're going to wrap it all up in just one more part! Oh, yes, I've been hoping that flutter was something good rather than bad...that's certainly looking more likely. smile

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
KatherineKent

I loved the fight scene.

But more than that I loved .... Lois feeling nauseated ... grin

Ooh good, feedback!

The fight scene is getting a lot of well-deserved comments! Thanks again KenJ!

Yes, Lois is feeling a little under the weather... grin

Morgana

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
MikeM

Thanks so much for the comment!

The fight scene was pretty spectacular and Lex's concern for Aykira was a great demonstration of his new side. I actually loved the new Lex and his working with rather than against Jor-el. I expect (but don't know) that he will go back to New Krypton but probably no longer under lock and key but a regular contributing member of their society. With his skill, knowledge and cleverness he could contribute quite a lot.

A good battle between enemies is one thing, but between potential lovers is another. Anyone out there remember Farscape? When John and Aeryn first met she tried to kill him ... But that's another fandom!

Lex and Aykira also have potential, who knows what those two discussed while she healed on New Krypton? sloppy

Lex-Er is not the man Jor-El threw into the blue aperture over a year ago. With Vax-Om's help who knows how far he will go? After all, he's now working on reports for the Om Collective. Still we shall have to wait and see how everything plays out. After all, the First Lord is not the kind of man who would forget that Lex-Er wanted Kal-El dead, so Trey doesn't have to worry just yet about losing his position! rotflol

Morgana

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Groobie

I don't know how you're going to wrap it all up in just one more part! Oh, yes, I've been hoping that flutter was something good rather than bad...that's certainly looking more likely. smile

Whew! I practiced a tremendous amount of restraint by not adding more to this story. The next chapter will be spent on Bernie and Abrihet's wedding, plus there will be a wrap up of other plotlines.

Lois' flutter? We shall have to see about that! grin

Morgana

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Great chapter!

And I want a part of the wedding cake......

wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Sydney

Oh! I would love a piece as well! The frosting looks rich and delicious, just the sort of cake Bernie and Abrihet would chose.

Now sadly, this Sunday will not be the day of posting the final part. My trip last week to New York City has delayed writing it, so I am really hoping to be done by the end of next week. Not going to post another story again unless said fic is completely written and beta'd! help

Until than, thanks to all of you who commented and read. It is much appreciated. dance

Morgana

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

“I forgot my pen. Must have left it on the desk ….”
Ooooh! Lucky that!

As soon as the car’s doors closed, she was overcome by a wave of nausea.
Anti-Kryptonian installation?

The same feeling that hit her when she caught the helicopter weeks ago
She did? blush

She realized that it had to be in order for him to be able to even move. But why on Earth was he wearing it?
Maybe he fell from the 100th floor of his office tower and his spinal cord was separated?

That thought triggered something in her mind, vulnerability … what were Lex’s vulnerabilities in that suit of armor?
Maybe his carotid artery? Also, armor is often not that well protected on the upper thigh, right so she could nick his femoral artery.

The ceilings in the office were ten feet, but his leap was such that he hit the ceiling with his unprotected head.
Oops? Wouldn’t it be awkward if he got stuck with his head in the hung ceiling?

It was closely akin to the abilities that Superman exhibited.
CLAKR: dizzy Really? Another Vixen?

Maybe she had a chance to win this duel after all, on points. She really didn’t want to kill anyone.
ZOD: confused

“Marvelous! Now I know you are loyal to me Lex-Er! Come; let us conquer this city and then the planet.”
Really, Zod? You’ve never killed an insignificant minion to prove a point? Or have some fun.

Had Luthor gotten away, transported himself back to Earth and somehow attacked Aykira and these men were trying to stop him?
Wouldn’t it be embarrassing if Lois helped Zod to recapture Lex?

“Luthor! What have you done?” Clark said between gritted teeth.
It’s called a ‘hostile takeover’?

“My lord, Prince. The prisoner escaped from the collective where he works. We managed to track him to your father’s laboratory where he forced the technician to send him back to Earth. Unfortunately, once he had what he wanted, he killed the tech.”
That’s an unfortunate explanation. I wonder whom Clark will believe, the human madman or the reasonably sane-looking Kryptonian warden.
CLARK: [Linked Image] The Kryptionian of course.
LOIS: [Linked Image] I never did marry him for his investigative skills.

“They are part of the New Krypton’s police force.” Clark said. “But what policeman would allow an innocent woman to die just to save our secret?”
Kryptonian ones?

“Cause? What are you lying about now?”
laugh clap
LOIS: What? He was moving his lips.

when delivered to vulnerable areas and from her intimate knowledge of her husband’s anatomy; she knew exactly where these New Kryptonian men were most vulnerable.
So… [Linked Image]

Opening the lead box he revealed a chunk of crystalline Green Kryptonite which is the most virulent form and Dru-Zod suddenly lost all interest in the conflict.
laugh

To Lex’s utter surprise, Lois and Clark remained standing.
LOIS: confused
CLARK: huh Must be Kryptonite.

He gasped out, “How is this not affecting you?”

Clark stepped over to him and relieved him of the lead box and the Kryptonite before he said, “I’m afraid that will have to remain our secret.”
jawdrop He…he…he didn’t boast! thud

Jor-El’s cool silvery blue eyes unperturbedly surveyed the scene, than speaking to General Ching he said, “Have your men take the traitors into custody.”
Will they kind of pop like a submarine when they get back to their super-gravity world, now that they’re powerless?

“Kryptonian medicine is far in advance of Earth’s medicinal arts. Allow us to take her. Two standard Earth days in a re-gen chamber should be sufficient to heal her injuries. We can have our technicians duplicate everything in this room. My son, will you and Lois help ‘put everything back together?” At Kal-El’s nod, Jor-El continued, “Make it so Ching.” Jor-El said
Now, that’s going to be fun, Aykira claiming to have been kidnapped by aliens and her office totally wrecked but there is no trace of it. Except for the slight crack in the Shakespeare bust.

The last thing LexCorp or rather MetroCorp needs is any adverse publicity.”
Plus, being able to blackmail two superpowered beings into performing covert surveillance of competitors strategy meetings etc might come in handy.

And now for the grand finale?

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I have to apologize for not acknowledging your comments. As always they are spot on funny!

Morgana

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
smile1 Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
B
Beat Reporter
Online Content
Beat Reporter
B
I recently read this trilogy on the archive and had a lot of fun with it. More fdk later. Just one small detail:
Quote:

Aykira set a tray of four delicate blue and white cups filled with hot strawberry champagne tea and four cannoli filled with mascarpone and sprinkled with bits of chocolate onto the wide coffee colored leather ottoman.
I assume that you want to talk about Abrihet here, cause Aykira isn't there in this scene, or?
I was just confused...

Up, up and away - to the next fanfic.
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Aykira set a tray of four delicate blue and white cups filled with hot strawberry champagne tea and four cannoli filled with mascarpone and sprinkled with bits of chocolate onto the wide coffee colored leather ottoman.
I assume that you want to talk about Abrihet here, cause Aykira isn't there in this scene, or?
I was just confused..

Good catch! Three betas, myself and one General Editor missed this one. blush

That having been written, thanks for reading and commenting on an old, but much loved story! Waiting to hear your other comments. wave

Last edited by Morgana; 02/11/19 04:41 PM.

Morgana

Morgana #284220 04/04/19 04:16 PM
B
Beat Reporter
Online Content
Beat Reporter
B
So, here's a few comments to the visitor series:
I really liked the premise of the first story. I always enjoy stories showing Clark kryptonian parents or one of them alive. There are oviously not much of them, though. I liked how you used and characterized Jor-El in this story - and how you made him to the better nemesis of Lex, because he is able to open the door Clark would never open. I also believe that Lex hasn't realised that, in some way, Clark/Superman has rescued him again without him knowing - because I believe the only reason Jor-El hasn't killed Lex is that he knows Clark wouldn't be okay with it and he wants to build a positive relationship with his son - So Clark save lex again, ironically. The backstory of BErnie and Abrihet is okay but not to much in the foreground.
Autumn in Paris: A short vignette preparing to the next part. And you inserted Major Zod from Smallville. Interesting idea.
Wedding in Paris: I enjoyed the big Finale, as well as the Lex/Aykira relationship. You portrayed Lex here in a way I've never seen him before of after, a very interesting perspective. Like it#s interesting to see Clark from some "Evil Clark" stories becoming a good guy, it's fascinating to see Lex change - Aykira is also a fascinating character. I also liked the New Kryptonians you have created and i enjoyed them because they are so different then those from the show, which I never really get war with.
The wedding itself of paris wasn't that interesting for me but it was okay and well-written.
I also enjoyed the idea of Kandor as a place for human-kryptonian interaction. I'm sure that has potential, as well as Lex' live on New Krypton, his dealing with Aykira and the possible consequences, eventually things like a nearing of Earth and New Krypton... There are so many possibilities to write more stories there. You should do!

Up, up and away - to the next fanfic.
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I really liked the premise of the first story. I always enjoy stories showing Clark Kryptonian parents or one of them alive. There are obviously not much of them, though.

No there are not, mores the pity. It is always fascinating to imagine what these characters would be like in the Lois and Clark universe.

I liked how you used and characterized Jor-El in this story - and how you made him to be the better nemesis of Lex, because he is able to open the door Clark would never open.

The character of Jor-El evolved. Sadly, he had experienced much; destruction of his homeworld, his son is on another planet being raised by strangers and then he has to deal with a civil war. To top it all off, when his wife dies, the council wanted him to marry someone of their choosing. It would be impossible to remain the gentle, noble scientist presented to him by the globe.

I also believe that Lex hasn't realised that, in some way, Clark/Superman has rescued him again without him knowing - because I believe the only reason Jor-El hasn't killed Lex is that he knows Clark wouldn't be okay with it and he wants to build a positive relationship with his son - So Clark save Lex again, ironically.

Exactly! As Jor-El had mentioned in the ending, the guards were there to keep him from killing Lex. Lex desperately wanted to know his son and did not want anything to interfere with that reunion, remember, he was ashamed of his warrior ways.

The backstory of Bernie and Abrihet is okay, but not too much in the foreground.

Nope, they were not meant to be in the beginning. It was only later when I started writing Autumn in Paris did I realize an expansion to their love story was inevitable.

Autumn in Paris: A short vignette preparing to the next part.

Yes, there is a great deal about the City of Lights in that fic, it gave me a chance to revisit it after writing Café Americana.

And you inserted Major Zod from Smallville. Interesting idea.

Sorry, wrong canon. This general was modeled after the one from the Superman II movie, only he is a younger man.

Wedding in Paris: I enjoyed the big Finale, as well as the Lex/Aykira relationship. You portrayed Lex here in a way I've never seen him before or after, a very interesting perspective.

Luthor is always called ‘the bad guy we love to hate’, he has been presented in many forms; most of which are villainous. Because I have a serious crush on John Shea, the actor, my Lex Luthor may be a bad guy, but one who can be turned towards the light. The sword fight scene was written by Ken Janney, who has written a number of excellent stories for this fandom. It is that scene which shows how much living with the gentlefolk of New Krypton have changed him for the better.

Like it’s interesting to see Clark from some "Evil Clark" stories becoming a good guy, it's fascinating to see Lex change - Aykira is also a fascinating character.

Hmmm, I have never been comfortable with “Evil Clark” stories. Aykira was created to bring out the best in Lex. I could not do that with Lois, and Mrs. Cox’s personality was too brittle for her to accomplish that task. So it fell to someone completely outside of canon to work a miracle with Lex. Glad you liked her!

I also liked the New Kryptonians you have created and I enjoyed them because they are so different then those from the show, which I never really get warmed with.

Yeah, we too often see those surrounding the First Lord, but not the regular people on New Krypton. Eyner and her family started Lex’s transformation, who knows where it might end?

The wedding itself in Paris wasn't that interesting for me but it was okay and well-written.

Well, I’m glad you appreciated that part of the story. It was a blast to research! Boy, was it an eye-opening experience to see just dissimilar wedding customs in other cultures!

I also enjoyed the idea of Kandor as a place for human-kryptonian interaction. I'm sure that has potential, as well as Lex's life on New Krypton, his dealing with Aykira and the possible consequences, eventually things like a meeting of Earth and New Krypton... There are so many possibilities to write more stories there. You should do!

I thought this would work as well. If Jor-El and company made too many visits to Smallville or Metropolis it might raise questions. Thank you so much for reading this fic. Who knows, I have been writing an outline for another story, but right now there are a few others which must come first!

Morgana

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard