Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12
S
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
S
Morgana,
It was a great episode. We don't see Rachel again? That's disappointing. Trask was a lot on the crazy side. Way too paranoid.

1.10 Pheromone, My Lovely.

A really good episode with some funny parts thanks to Perry and the cleaning lady and some of Lois' lines. The recycling bit at the beginning was corny.

8/10.

S
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
S
1.11 Honeymoon In Metropolis.

A good episode, in fact it's nearly perfect. The only thing that ruins it is the stupid Sore Throat source guy. Loved the Lois/Clark banter.

7/10.

S
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
S
1.12 All Shook Up.

A fantastic episode. Not just a great episode of Lois & Clark, but one of the best Superman stories ever put on screen. Especially good parts included Lois saying no to Lex, which wasn't that surprising, as he basically asked her to be his personal whore in exchange for her life and of course, the Cat-fession scene.

10/10.

Last edited by Suggs_With_A_Box; 06/20/15 02:14 PM.
S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
A good episode, agree, but to me Lois' "no" was more "give me a minute. I'll get back to you." True she did call Clark, but something that I cant put my finger on, was missing.

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
S
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
S
SJH,
I can see why you'd think that, but I can't see Lois prostituting herself for survival. Not any Lois, but especially not Teri's version.

1.13 Witness.

This episode was OK, but it could have been a lot better. It just seemed to be missing the spark that makes Lois & Clark special, both as a version of Superman, and as a TV show generally. Not as bad as Smart Kids though.

4/10.

S
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
S
1.14 Illusions Of Granduer.

It was awful. As bad as Smart Kids or Superman III. If I never see it again, it'll be too soon. What were they thinking? Magic? AGHH!!

3/10.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
1.12 All Shook Up.

One of my all time favorites! Lois surprise kiss to Superman before he takes off is sweet and hopeful.

Tracy's portrayal of Cat is given a lot of depth here. Pity the writers did not give her more to work with.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
S
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
S
Originally Posted by Morgana
1.12 All Shook Up.

One of my all time favorites! Lois surprise kiss to Superman before he takes off is sweet and hopeful.

Tracy's portrayal of Cat is given a lot of depth here. Pity the writers did not give her more to work with.

I agree on both counts. In fact, after I'm done with L&C I might check out more of her work. What would you recommend? I actually think it would be a good idea to cast her as a companion in Doctor Who.

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
She is excellent in Babylon 5. If you haven't ever watched that show, do so! Start from the pilot episode and work forward. Tracy Scoggins isn't in the first few seasons, but hat show is the best I have ever seen in terms of multi-episode (multi-season, really) story arcs and character development, and is definitely best watched in order.

The character she plays in B5 is pretty much the opposite of Cat. In it, she's a straight-laced military officer.

Joy,
Lynn

S
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
S
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
She is excellent in Babylon 5. If you haven't ever watched that show, do so! Start from the pilot episode and work forward. Tracy Scoggins isn't in the first few seasons, but hat show is the best I have ever seen in terms of multi-episode (multi-season, really) story arcs and character development, and is definitely best watched in order.

The character she plays in B5 is pretty much the opposite of Cat. In it, she's a straight-laced military officer.

Joy,
Lynn

Sounds interesting. I might give it a go, after I've finished with L&C.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
1.12 All Shook Up.

One of my all time favorites! Lois's surprise kiss to Superman before he takes off is sweet and hopeful.

One of my favorites too. I thoroughly enjoy "ASU"-related fanfic, including Bobbart's When The Sky Falls and After Nightfall: The Return of Superman; Nan Smith's Four Days To Nightfall; Tank Wilson's Day Follows Nightfall; LabRat's Are You Lonesome Tonight, Meredith Knight's All Stirred Up; and Virginia R's Nightfall Honeymoon. There are many more excellent fanfics and I salute all the authors.

Last edited by IolantheAlias; 06/22/15 10:53 PM.
S
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
S
IolantheAlias,
Great shades of fanfic!! Thanks for the recommendations. I look forward to reading them and any others you may recommend after I've finished watching the show. I agree with you, the authors are definitely to be commended. Most of the authors in the archive are brilliant. In fact, I can't think of anywhere else online where fanfic is written to such a high degree of quality. A close second, and in fact, the only place even in the same league would be A Teaspoon & An Open Mind, somewhere I strongly suggest any Doctor Who fans visit. Back on topic, I'd just like to say one last thing, and that is simply this: is there a fanfic in which Clark wears a lead lined suit to protect him from Kryptonite?

S
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
S
1.15 The Ides Of Metropolis.

A bit of a filler episode it seemed. It was entertaining enough, but didn't seem to move the overall plot along.I enjoyed seeing the Jonathon & Martha story, and I liked the scenes between Nigel and Lex, and Teri & Dean did their usual great jobs in the title roles, as did Lane Smith as Perry, but some indefinable thing, some spark seemed missing from this episode.

5/10.

S
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
S
1.16 Foundling

A really good episode, with some interesting ideas and a refreshingly different take on how Clark finds out about who he is and his past. It was good to see him finally get answers, though it seemed a bit dragged out for info the audience knows before watching the episode. The Elvisless advice bit from Perry was funny, as was the Cat/Jimmy subplot. I thought that the information Jor-El put in the globe could have been covered in one message, leaving another four available for more things to be told. With that in mind......

7/10.

Columnist
Columnist
In answer to your question, in For the Greater Good by Wendy Richards, there is a lead-lined suit.

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
Features Writer
Features Writer
Another story with lead-containing suits is Birthday Surprise by Thomas Mc.

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

S
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
S
Originally Posted by IreneD
In answer to your question, in For the Greater Good by Wendy Richards, there is a lead-lined suit.

I just finished reading it. It made me feel more for Lois and Clark than ANY version of Superman I've previously experienced. That includes movies, comic books and TV shows (including it's source material). It is quite simply one of the best Superman stories of all time. Is there a sequel?

Columnist
Columnist
No, there is no sequel to that particular story. I do highly recommend reading more by Wendy however. She wrote quite a few extremely long fics. Another interesting story is Green Card.

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
S
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
S
I've read some of her stuff. She's one of the best writers on the Archive. "She wrote"? Why the past tense?

S
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
S
1.17 The Rival.

A good episode that explains a lot about Lois & why she is the way she is. Although between Linda & Claude, it's amazing she ever trusted anyone else ever again.

6/10.

Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard