Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#264398 06/27/15 12:56 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Meh, still not in love with the courtroom scene. Gotta finagle it some more before the archive.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Kerth
Kerth
That was a perfect proposal! Some men really overthink the whole thing, but this was heartfelt, spontaneous, and romantic. Lex is slime...I'm sure it made Lois' skin crawl just to be in the same room as him. Only 5 more parts? But we still need the birth, DNA test, wedding...how are you going to pack it all in?!

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by groobie
That was a perfect proposal! Some men really overthink the whole thing, but this was heartfelt, spontaneous, and romantic. Lex is slime...I'm sure it made Lois' skin crawl just to be in the same room as him. Only 5 more parts? But we still need the birth, DNA test, wedding...how are you going to pack it all in?!

Thank you! I have to admit, I'm partial to the heartfelt, spontaneous, and private proposals myself. (My husband proposed to me in the living room at his parents' house - yes, we were alone in the house, we didn't have witnesses!!)

Lex is worse than slime. I give Lois and Clark credit for being as calm as they were.

I have a lot planned for the upcoming parts. Don't worry, I manage to fit everything (and more!) in. devil

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Awwwwww hyper hyper hyper....

That proposal was absolutely beautiful. I loved it--had to read it more than a few times smile.

Clark getting the ring was really fun to read about, I enjoyed the 'process' of it all. I was hoping the proposal would come in this part, too...and was just thrilled to see it as I read. I love that it was spontanious, at Clark's apartment. Brought about because it felt right--it was such an honest moment. I'm sure I'll be enjoying the WAFF of it all day blush.

Lex is totally slime--gotta agree there. My skin was crawling for Lois and Clark--just wanting the whole thing to be over. Really proud of Lois for standing her ground, doing what she felt she had to do to protect her child.

Loving it, DC notworthy
Laura

My husband proposed pretty spontaniously, too...

We had talked about getting married, we knew the time was coming. We even did a really unplanned afternoon of 'ring looking' (which the hubby attributed to wanting to just get 'an idea' of what type of styles I liked--for sometime down the road...I had told him 'simple'--still wanted a visual though wink ).

About a week or so later he proposed. I had no idea he had gone back, gotten a ring.

We were planning to go back to his home state, get together with one of his best friends and his fiance for the weekend. I was in hubby's room reorganizing the suitcase I had broughten over....chatting away absentmindedly to him in the othe room. All of a sudden our 'song' came on--that got my attention and I went to the bedroom door to listen, thinking it had come on the radio.

Turns out hubby had put on the CD, was coming with the ring box to surprise me in the bedroom. He saw me--I saw the ring box--and he literally dove for his knee to get the proposal 'out there' before I said anything.

Obviously I said 'yes'--and was completely surprised. I figured when he did propose (after he went and someday picked out a ring) he'd do it in some sort of big way (that would clue me in that he was going to do it).

The fact that he did it so randomly, so unexpectly, was THE reason that it was such a surprise. And totally loved the moment because of that smile.

Memories.... love.

Last edited by LMA; 06/27/15 01:14 PM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Kerth
Kerth
Awww, what a sweet story, Laura! Here's mine: Clement and I had been together for 7 years, knew we would get married, but both wanted to finish college first. He had been studying abroad in Taiwan for 6 months; I traveled with my brother to meet him in Bali for vacation. We all went to a hole in the wall Chinese place for dinner, but my brother kept trying to leave us, which confused me (well, now I know why...he was trying to give us some privacy!) Back in our room, Clement randomly pulled out a fortune cookie and asked if I wanted dessert - bizzare, because I hadn't seen any on the table at the restaurant (because they were invented in the US - they don't have them in Asia). I cracked the cookie open and the ring was inside with a fortune: "Clementious says 'Will you marry me?'" He had gotten his brother to send a box of cookies to Taiwan so that he could practice getting the ring inside without breaking it. Best month old cookie I ever tasted. wink LOL Still don't understand how literally everyone knew he was going to do it except me!

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Awww, what great stories. Here's my full one:

On Thanksgiving 2005, my grandmother was admitted to the hospital and diagnosed with advanced pancreatic cancer. On Dec 4th, Chris and I were supposed to go to the Bronx Zoo to see the Christmas lights. We were getting ready to go to dinner first when my phone rang - my mom called to tell me that Nana had died. (Little did I know that Chris was planning to propose that night, so she would know before she passed. Oops!) Of course, he didn't go through with it. On Dec 8th, we had tickets to see Peter Pan at Madison Square Garden. It was supposed to snow (a lot) that night and it was frigid out, so instead of walking around the city like we'd planned, we just went back to Chris' house. He told me to check the weather and while I was doing so, he left the room, came back, and dropped to one knee.

I had no idea it was coming. We'd been dating a whole 6.5 months. We started dating on May 28th and by October (as he later told me), he was ring shopping. Got to hand it to him for knowing a good thing when he saw it! wink

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Laura - Thank you! I enjoyed writing the low-key, unplanned proposal. It felt so *right* for Clark, especially in that moment.

I promise though, we have "seen" the last of Lex. He'll be mentioned, but there won't be a scene with him. This is not a hint. I merely did not show them back in court, as I could relay the info without it. (And I had bigger fish to fry.)

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Awww--loved hearing your stories, guys smile...thanks for sharing.

You write a pretty great proposal scene, DC, if you can get us talking like this on the subject notworthy clap.

And no more actual Lex appearances? dance dance dance. (That would be Lois, Clark, and 'baby' celebrating).

Always looking forward to more,
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 06/28/15 12:30 AM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by LMA
Awww--loved hearing your stories, guys smile...thanks for sharing.

You write a pretty great proposal scene, DC, if you can get us talking like this on the subject notworthy clap.

And no more actual Lex appearances? dance dance dance. (That would be Lois, Clark, and 'baby' celebrating).

Always looking forward to more,
Laura

rotflol Thank you! I try!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard