Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Story

Questions? Comments?

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Top Banana
Top Banana
Outstanding story! I just loved about every part of it. The telepathic comment " I’ll never tell anyone … cousin" was outstanding. Nice to be able to fill in a story someone who got short changed in the show!

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Mike M
Outstanding story! I just loved about every part of it. The telepathic comment " I’ll never tell anyone … cousin" was outstanding. Nice to be able to fill in a story someone who got short changed in the show!

Mike
Glad you liked it!

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I love it! What an original tale. I think this may be the first time I've rad a story where a modern-day Terran is a descendant of a Kryptonian. I especially enjoyed all of the little touches of humour -- for example, that being a psychic was the most honorable of the named professions.

When I read the title of your story, my first thought was that the narrator would be Star. While I would love to have that story told, I am delight by your story with the ASU psychic.

Joy,
Lynn

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
I love it! What an original tale. I think this may be the first time I've rad a story where a modern-day Terran is a descendant of a Kryptonian. I especially enjoyed all of the little touches of humour -- for example, that being a psychic was the most honorable of the named professions.

When I read the title of your story, my first thought was that the narrator would be Star. While I would love to have that story told, I am delight by your story with the ASU psychic.

Joy,
Lynn
Well, if Jor-El had the technology to send a child to Earth, and sufficient knowledge of the planet, it had to have come from somewhere. Why not earlier explorers? (Even if those explorers did have the mores of Bill Clinton.)

Star would be an interesting character to write about. The idea for this story, though, came from a re-watching of ASU. I didn't even known the psychic's name until I looked at the text of the script (Mystique).

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
What a great concept! clap I love having all the descendants each having one (or a couple) of their fore-bearer's abilities but not all of them.

She's psychic, but only with other Kryptonians or part-Kryptonians, otherwise she's a phony. notworthy lol Terrific.

I loved the part where you described what happened in ASU. It really came alive off the page.

I was beginning to wonder if Clark read the psychic's mind in the alley instead of Lois's (since he can read only Kryptonian's minds). Does that mean that Lois is part-Kryptonian too? wink (Generations back, of course.)

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wonderful job notworthy.

I've really loved these stories--getting to know the residents of Metropolis. And Mystique (I had no idea what her name was, either) was a great choice.

I echo what Virginia stated--your retelling of ASU was done really well. You gave the episode a lot of life, and it added in wonderful ways to your story clap.

“I … ah … that was me. I was looking for … for clues,” he said.

I almost groaned. Did all his excuses sound this bad?

rotflol. LOVED this! And have to agree--that is one horrible excuse, Clark wallbash.

Thanks for sharing--very much enjoyed your tale smile
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Kerth
Kerth
Yea! Another tale! Lol..I loved her choosing to become a psychic as her most honorable option. laugh It makes sense that the Kryptonians had at least one scouting mission to Earth - how else would they know where to send Kal? Too funny that the guy didn't quite have Clark's moral standards. wink Great idea - really fun story!

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
What a great concept! clap I love having all the descendants each having one (or a couple) of their fore-bearer's abilities but not all of them.
It makes sense that not everything would be passed along from generation to generation. After all, these are descendants, not clones.

I loved the part where you described what happened in ASU. It really came alive off the page.
Thanks. smile

I was beginning to wonder if Clark read the psychic's mind in the alley instead of Lois's (since he can read only Kryptonian's minds). Does that mean that Lois is part-Kryptonian too? wink (Generations back, of course.)
Clark was reading Lois's mind (unconsciously), and no, she's not Kryptonian, but she is his soul mate (even if she hasn't figured that out yet).

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by LMA
Wonderful job notworthy.

I've really loved these stories--getting to know the residents of Metropolis. And Mystique (I had no idea what her name was, either) was a great choice.

I echo what Virginia stated--your retelling of ASU was done really well. You gave the episode a lot of life, and it added in wonderful ways to your story clap.

“I … ah … that was me. I was looking for … for clues,” he said.

I almost groaned. Did all his excuses sound this bad?

rotflol. LOVED this! And have to agree--that is one horrible excuse, Clark wallbash.

Thanks for sharing--very much enjoyed your tale smile
Laura
This excuse still wasn't as bad as the Cheese of the Month Club excuse. laugh

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by groobie
Yea! Another tale! Lol..I loved her choosing to become a psychic as her most honorable option. laugh It makes sense that the Kryptonians had at least one scouting mission to Earth - how else would they know where to send Kal? Too funny that the guy didn't quite have Clark's moral standards. wink Great idea - really fun story!
In the New Krypton arc, it was revealed that Kryptonian culture allows for concubines, so chasing women wouldn't be an unknown concept for this Kryptonian explorer. And, of course, he was raised in Kryptonian society, rather than in mid-20th century Kansas.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Annie!
I’d touch someone and I could tell what they were thinking
Went to highschool with a lot of teenage boys, huh?

(or for politics, but she wanted me to do something honest with my life).
Like ‘used car saleswoman’ or ‘psychic’?
MADAME BLAVATSKY: One has to draw the line *somewhere*. At least, I didn’t go into the news business.

Great-Grandma said that trait was passed down from Great-Grandpa, who came from a country where everyone could read everyone else’s minds.
jawdrop Star came from the stars? And the Kryptonian gene is recessive?

(Of course, Great-Grandma also claimed he could fly.
thud I was *right*? dizzy

I could read a few strangers’ minds, too, though they may also have been relatives — Great-Grandpa never met a skirt he wouldn’t chase.
rotflol So, Kryptonian lord, then, huh?

like the time someone asked me if they should get new brakes or not. Well, I told them they should, but they didn’t listen. The end result of that was disastrous, which pretty much anyone (except my client, apparently) could have predicted.
I wonder if they could sue Star for fraud and malpractice. After all, she gave them a psychic advice and anyone sane knows that those aren’t worth much. Thus, the tip to get new brakes can easily be construed as just another false prophecy and they were correct in not following through with a visit to the mechanic. Same reasoning as behind the poodle-warning on microwave ovens.

I didn’t try to talk to him, though. I suppose I could have gotten his attention the way that Daily Planet reporter, Lois Lane, did, by yelling, “Help, Superman!” but what pretext would I use? My life was pretty quiet.
She could send a pair of used knickers to the Superman Foundation, like 50% of the female population of Metropolis does. And probably 10% of the male population, too.

Everyone was looking for Superman — EPRAD, the police, the media — and all without success. Finally, a couple of reporters from the Daily Planet got so desperate they came to me.
Oh? Oh… Oh. /checks All Shook Up/ Oh. Not Star. Huh.

One of my cousins had claimed to be able to see through walls, and even though everyone thought he was making it up, right then I wished he were here.
Yeah, right. Seeing through walls… Next he claims, he can see through clothes, too. laugh

Just as I arrived, I heard a scream and saw him falling from the building into the alleyway, apparently pushed off the ledge by an older woman looking down at him in dismay.
*Sigh* Motherly love. There’s no substitute.

He came to visit me once, after he’d been informed that he couldn’t have children with a human woman. I knew for sure by then that my great-grandfather had been Kryptonian, so I also knew that it was possible for Kryptonians to have children with humans.
But only if they love the woman very very much.
CLARK: help
LINDA: Claaa-aark, you’re going to be a Daddy!
LOIS: cat
CLARK: peep

That was an unexpected twist. Very well done! clap

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard