FDK Goes here. smile

It's not much, but I hope y'all like it. grin

~•~
R
RJS Offline
Blogger
Blogger
R
Nice use of characters, and good concise wording that relates so much more than is on the page. Gets your imagination working.

Top Banana
Top Banana
I love it! What a way for Lois to find out Clark's secret -- and then not believe him.

I also like the fact that Wonder Woman is romantically linked with someone other than Clark.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Top Banana
Top Banana
What a story! Assuming, of course, that there are enough pieces of Clark left.

I started out chuckling and ended up with a full blown laugh.

Thanks for brightening the day.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Columnist
Columnist
Short and sweet! Well done!

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
What a fun story. Thanks for sharing it with us. :-)

(psst... I think you meant the "Lasso of Truth" challenge, not the "Lass of Truth" in the introductory explanation. Although, actually, "Lass" might work here, too.)

Joy,
Lynn

N
Features Writer
Features Writer
N
Haha, that was great! Very amusing, love it smile

Feli

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wonderful story to read while having a late-night snack just now. Great end to the day clap...

Hearing first Clark's, and then Lois', honest answers was so amusing--and I love how you worked with everything--each detail of the story, fitting it all together the way you did.

Very much enjoyed. Really creative hyper
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lots of fun, Queen! clap Very enjoyable. I didn't know where in their relationship to place them until after their discussion on Wonder Woman's invisible jet. I was almost expecting Clark to toss a handful of dirt on it to prove to Lois that it was there. BTW, why would she put her jet in a museum? Doesn't she still use it? Although, they had her be the one from WWII, so many she's long since retired with her army buddy.

I especially love Clark not realizing what he's saying until he's said it, and Lois not believing a word out of his honest mouth. Then, she goes off sporting truths and realizes he was too. You're so terrific at cramming so much into a short story without it feeling stuffed.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Oh man, this is perfect! So glad to see Steve Trevor!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Kerth
Kerth
Lol...I love the mental image of a huge empty space in a museum, roped of with a sign labeled "Invisible Jet". That lasso sure would be useful!

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
I'm still working on "The Necktie of Truth"...eventually it'll get posted, but I love how differently the same elements can be put together. I love it.

Shallowford
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Queenie!
This little vignette fits in with the Lass of Truth Challenge, somewhat.
Ah…’wonder’ing laugh

Lois pursed her lips as she looked around at the sprawling interior of the new Wonder Woman Museum, trying to decide how she felt about the whole thing.
As compared to the sprawling interior of the older Superman Museum?
LOIS: That and the life-sized bust of Wonder Woman.

On the one hand, her inner feminist told her she should be proud that the first superhero to get their own museum was a woman
Oh.
BOARD: Young men traditionally spend more money on…displays of a…certain type then women do, so it made financial sense to put Wonder Woman’s…feats on display.

Sure, the Amazonian Princess had been around much longer than the Man of Steel,
So, it’s an age thing?

“Lois, come look at this!” Clark, who was enjoying himself far too much in Lois' opinion,
BOARD: See?

stood grinning by a large, empty space that had been roped off for some reason.

“What is it?” Lois asked, strolling over to him.

Clark waved a hand towards the space with a dramatic flourish. “It's the invisible jet!” he declared, grinning even wider.
rotflol

She handed him the loop, and he automatically took it from her.
Oh boy?

“Lois, I have to go change into Superman and put out a huge fire, now,” Clark suddenly said. He dropped the loop of rope with a look of shock on his face.
See?
CLARK: Oops?
LOIS: ‘Oops’?

Lois cracked up. “Good one, Clark,” she said, still laughing. She wiped a tear away. “See, I told you it wasn't really magic! Go return your video, or whatever it is you really need to do. I'll wait here for you.”
Oh, look. They also have the magic glasses on display.

Her thoughts were interrupted by the arrival of a tall brunette accompanied by an older gentleman. She was very beautiful and looked vaguely familiar, but Lois couldn't quite place the face.
Maybe when she adds a tiara and a miniskirt?

“You're the man in the photo,” Lois said as she shook his hand, nodding towards a display of photographs that showed Wonder Woman rescuing some allied soldiers who'd been stranded behind enemy lines in World War II.
Is this Captain America? But he’s Steve Rogers, isn’t he?

The two laughed. “Feeble-minded, huh?” echoed Steve. “Good thing your partner isn't here to hear that. Is that really how you think of him?”

“No,” Lois responded immediately. The words began to tumble from her lips, unbidden. “I think he's smart, caring, and a really great guy. I think I might even love him, although I'd sooner die than tell him that since my track-record with men is pretty horrible and being his friend is better than nothing.” She dropped the rope, her face burning scarlet. What on Earth—?
evil

I'll take your advice, but first, I'm going to kill him.”
rotflol

Diana nodded. “We should have them over for dinner sometime,” she said. “Assuming, of course, that there are enough pieces of Clark left.”
clap

Highly entertaining!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard