Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#264186 06/19/15 12:31 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Early posting due to traveling for Father's Day weekend. If I get the chance, I *may* post another chapter on Saturday or Sunday, depending on how busy things get.

Happy Father's Day to all the dads!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Awww--considering the weekend, considering Father's Day--what a great chapter to post smile.

The moments with Jonathan and Clark were really touching. So sweet. It was such a great nod back to that scene between Clark and his father in the Pilot...looking at the stars, talking together. Giving Clark that check was such a thoughtful, wonderful thing for his parents to do.

I'm so glad that Lois has come with Clark to Smallville. That they've gotten some time with Clark's parents. That Clark got to show Lois more of himself and his childhood. And I loved the little details you added to those moments--the 'game of smells' between Martha and Clark was a lot of fun. The story about the rope being tied around Clark's waist as he learned how to fly (that was such a really good idea notworthy ).

Love the story--very excited for more clap
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 06/19/15 04:28 PM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Kerth
Kerth
Love that Lois had no reaction to finding Clark in her bed when she woke up - it's such a common and expected thing that it's not worth noticing. smile I always enjoy when Lois and Clark go to Smallville - that's where Clark can truly be himself (both sides merged into one). We never got enough father/son time on the show - I think it's great that you gave them that scene together. clap

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by LMA
Awww--considering the weekend, considering Father's Day--what a great chapter to post smile.

The moments with Jonathan and Clark were really touching. So sweet. It was such a great nod back to that scene between Clark and his father in the Pilot...looking at the stars, talking together. Giving Clark that check was such a thoughtful, wonderful thing for his parents to do.

I'm so glad that Lois has come with Clark to Smallville. That they've gotten some time with Clark's parents. That Clark got to show Lois more of himself and his childhood. And I loved the little details you added to those moments--the 'game of smells' between Martha and Clark was a lot of fun. The story about the rope being tied around Clark's waist as he learned how to fly (that was such a really good idea notworthy ).

Love the story--very excited for more clap
Laura

Hi, Laura!

Thanks for the high praise. I loved writing the Clark and Jonathan scene. I actually was thinking about the Pilot quite a bit when I was writing it. I love the peaceful moments Clark gets to spend with his parents. So often, we see them swooping in to help Clark with some huge mess or another. So a nice, quiet scene (especially in the turmoil of Clark's life at the moment) was a treat.

The idea for the check was actually inspired by my in-laws. They had set aside money/bonds for my husband to use however he saw fit as an adult. He nearly used them for law school but he got a scholarship, then decided he hated it and "escaped" from it. We used the money when we bought our house, using it and the money we had saved to put 77% of the price down as a down payment. I thought it would be nice to let Clark have a similar situation.

I can't take credit for the rope idea. I've seen it before, even if I can't place it directly. I do wonder if it was something Anti-K might have once mentioned to me.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by groobie
Love that Lois had no reaction to finding Clark in her bed when she woke up - it's such a common and expected thing that it's not worth noticing. smile I always enjoy when Lois and Clark go to Smallville - that's where Clark can truly be himself (both sides merged into one). We never got enough father/son time on the show - I think it's great that you gave them that scene together. clap

Thanks, as always, for the review and praise. Lois and Clark sharing a bed is definitely their new normal at this point. So there is no surprise when she wakes up to find him inches from her. I also like when they get a chance to go to Smallville and the pressures of the "real world" slip off and they can relax a bit.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard