Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
C
I'm expecting to miss out on John Shea. He was there yesterday and was signing autographs during the first session this morning. We're just now getting out the door for the long (1 1/2hr) drive to Metropolis. I'm not expecting to see anything specific, but our summertime bucket list we put together has "Take a picture with Superman" so that we'd at least get down to Metropolis this year whether or not we;re there to meet anyone.

If anyone is also there... well I don't know of a good way for you know me (Mu Ultra Woman Cape still has a hem that's too long).

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Have fun!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
C
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
C
We had a good time. Watched the Trivia Jeopardy (it had a section for every live-action version and one potpurr-which could be anything Superman-section). Missed out on the fan film festival (which was the highlight for me in previous years) as they moved the date they did it to Thursday and Friday. Bought three more Superman Family books (i.e. Mr. and Mrs. Superman stories). I think I have one of them already though (the one with Lois gaining Clark's powers because an alien plant was causing their abilities to be reversed). If I do, I'm more than willing to pass one of them onto someone as it's often referenced when people talk about our version of Ultra Woman. At some point, though, I had to take refuge with my littlest in the Chamber of Commerce building across from the courthouse because she was extremely flushed and I was afraid of her getting heatstroke (I forgot to tell John though and he and the boys ended up sitting in the heat... oops.) After that we headed for Paducah and some way to give the kids some activity in the hopes of konking them out on the way home (we found YaYa's Playland, which was something I had heard about in my Local mom's forum).

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)

Moderated by  bakasi, PuffyTiger 

Link Copied to Clipboard