Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
There are four chapters of the flashback variety, all of them from Lois' POV and all describe important points in her "training" time with Rodolfo. This one is probably the worst of the four, although all of them emphasize Lois' dehumanization and the reshaping of her psyche. One spoiler: she always knows she's outside allowable behavior.

But it's still pretty bad.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Kerth
Kerth
It's not pretty, but it certainly is powerful. This flashback to what Lois went through while she was missing certainly establishes that she's not our universe's Lois, and that she can't be expected to act or respond to things the way ours would. Alt-Clark knew a very different Lois for a very short amount of time, built fantasies in his head of what his Lois might be like based on that, and then abandoned those fantasies when he gave up hope of ever finding her alive. When this Lois comes into his life...well, I'm interested in reading what happens.

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
Thanks, Groobie, for your insightful comments. Fantasies of all kinds will tumble in the next chapter.

Which is coming up in moments.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard