Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Feedback folder for The Aftermath of Illusion.

I really hope I'm not alone in having this episode on my 'least favourite' list. It's a measure of how little I like the episode that it just took me three days to come up with a story that ended up at less than 200 words.

As a reward for *finally* writing it, I'm going to go and watch Ides of Metropolis smile

Feli

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I agree it was definitely scary for Clark to lose control of his facilities like that. I could understand his guilt at handing back the kid to kidnappers, not to mention almost drowning Lois. Not being a fan of magic myself, I understand Lois's hatred of it.

It was naive of me to think that hypnosis wouldn't work on me. My powers are all physical, so why would they protect me against something that isn't? As for being an alien... Well, so much of me works like a normal, human male that it makes sense that my brain does, too.
Good point. It shows Clark that Kryptonians aren't that far removed from humans. I like episodes where Clark learns something new about himself and his limitations.

This episode isn't in my least favorite list, though, it's more in the middle. The least favorite episodes are the ones that don't make me excited when I have to watch them to do research for a story, usually because there's something so heart wrenching in it that it makes my chest hurt (or that there's something so out-of-character, such as freezing Lois for a SECOND time). Or ones, where there's more scenes that I fast-forward past to get to the good L&C scenes. I liked that in IoG the bad "guy" was the magician's assistant, not the magician himself. I know it's almost cliche nowadays, but it was fairly new concept back then. Plus I love Ben Vereen! I could have done without Penn, from Penn & Teller though.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Great job, Feli hyper.

My favorite line:

One thing's for sure. I'm starting to share Lois' opinion of magic.

Wonderful! clap clap clap. As I tend to center pretty much everything about the show on L&C's relationship ( grin blush ), this was such a great way to convey Clark's thoughts, and how they so often circle back, relate to Lois. The line seemed very appropiate to end with as Clark relived what he had just dealt with.

IOG isn't one of my absolute least favorite episodes, though it is significantly lower on the list wink. But, some of that probably has to do with the amazing episodes that precede it--GGGoH, MOSB, PML, HIM, ASU, Witness. These are some of my very favorite episodes of the whole series. They are a hard act to follow help.

Looking forward fo more smile
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 06/12/15 11:57 AM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
The best part about that episode is Cat wearing normal clothes! Seriously Tracy Scoggins got a tiny chance to be a comedian and it worked. Everything else - beside Ben Vereen - was pretty ho hum.

Clark had a right to be afraid. This is his 'evil' side coming face to face with him.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard