Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yes, I DO have one from Clark's POV. It should be finished in a couple of days. It's just far too late tonight to even think about polishing it.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Kerth
Kerth
I really enjoy your point of view stories. You're definitely able to get into Lois' head at these key points in their relationship. All of the emotions at each stage felt completely authentic. Great job! clap

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by groobie
I really enjoy your point of view stories. You're definitely able to get into Lois' head at these key points in their relationship. All of the emotions at each stage felt completely authentic. Great job! clap

Thanks so much! I thought it might be fun to explore the relationships as they developed over time, especially since, for Lois, it would have started as two separate relationships.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

N
Features Writer
Features Writer
N
Wow. Just... wow.

I love this! A wonderful look into the relationships between Clark, Superman and Lois. notworthy

Bravo!

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by NostalgiaKick
Wow. Just... wow.

I love this! A wonderful look into the relationships between Clark, Superman and Lois. notworthy

Bravo!

Thanks so much! I loved the way I could play back and forth with the way she sees Clark, Superman, and then, finally, both together.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Features Writer
Features Writer
Oh my goodness, this is explosively good! I wasn't sure what the story was even about and then, within just two paragraphs, I was hooked. I love how Lois sees Clark, and how she sees so many different sides and facets to him, but all of them speak to her -- in different ways for sure, but each of them pulls a reaction from her and makes her think. She always knows, no matter what stage of their relationship they're at, that he is like no other.

Some of these were gut-wrenching and some were funny (I really laughed at the second one, where Clark sent her to the Sewage Plant), some were romantic, and some were thoughtful, but they were all so very insightful. It was beautifully written, and I wish I could quote to you all my favorite passages, but it would literally be almost the entire story.

Really gorgeous, DC! Thanks so much for sharing it -- I'm off to read Clark's POV!

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by AntiKryptonite
Oh my goodness, this is explosively good! I wasn't sure what the story was even about and then, within just two paragraphs, I was hooked. I love how Lois sees Clark, and how she sees so many different sides and facets to him, but all of them speak to her -- in different ways for sure, but each of them pulls a reaction from her and makes her think. She always knows, no matter what stage of their relationship they're at, that he is like no other.

Some of these were gut-wrenching and some were funny (I really laughed at the second one, where Clark sent her to the Sewage Plant), some were romantic, and some were thoughtful, but they were all so very insightful. It was beautifully written, and I wish I could quote to you all my favorite passages, but it would literally be almost the entire story.

Really gorgeous, DC! Thanks so much for sharing it -- I'm off to read Clark's POV!

Wow! Thank you for the high praise! I'm blushing here. blush

The title popped into my head one day when I was feeding the girls and I knew I had to write it. At first, it was just going to be once they were together/married, but then I got the idea to make it an "evolution" piece and take moments from canon and explore the relationship at that moment.

I love that you laughed at the Sewage Plant one. I enjoyed writing annoyed but grudgingly respectful Lois.

So glad you enjoyed it. Again, thanks for the wonderful feedback!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Completely beautiful, DC. Wow clap notworthy grin.

I really love the emotion that you can so easily access from these characters. Everything--every thought--was so much 'Lois'. I just loved it.

And, more importantly, he was a complete and utter stranger. A stranger who somehow felt familiar to me, though Superman had never before been seen by the world.

This bit grabbed me while reading. I've always been amused by how HARD Lois falls for Superman initially. She is literally swept off her feet wink. But after reading these sentences, it got me thinking about the 'familiarity' she felt with Superman. I wonder how much of that had to do with Clark? Herself subcontiously knowing Clark. We know Clark falls head over heals for Lois from the get-go, but...I dunno...I've always kind of thought that there was a lot 'more' to what Lois felt (than she ever would admit) to Clark initially, also. I think she knew something was there in the Pilot--the chemistry in the Chinese take out scene, when he asks her out at work and she initally says yes. And there certainly was attraction--The Apollo Towel Scene smile.

From reading your story just now, it's really got me wondering...because it certainly is easier to 'project' that feeling onto an unrealistic Hero, rather than the reality of a really cute co-worker. But your subcontious does (and knows) some really interesting things...

Awesome job--So great!
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 06/08/15 02:42 PM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by LMA
Completely beautiful, DC. Wow clap notworthy grin.

I really love the emotion that you can so easily access from these characters. Everything--every thought--was so much 'Lois'. I just loved it.

And, more importantly, he was a complete and utter stranger. A stranger who somehow felt familiar to me, though Superman had never before been seen by the world.

This bit grabbed me while reading. I've always been amused by how HARD Lois falls for Superman initially. She is literally swept off her feet wink. But after reading these sentences, it got me thinking about the 'familiarity' she felt with Superman. I wonder how much of that had to do with Clark? Herself subcontiously knowing Clark. We know Clark falls head over heals for Lois from the get-go, but...I dunno...I've always kind of thought that there was a lot 'more' to what Lois felt (than she ever would admit) to Clark initially, also. I think she knew something was there in the Pilot--the chemistry in the Chinese take out scene, when he asks her out at work and she initally says yes. And there certainly was attraction--The Apollo Towel Scene smile.

From reading your story just now, it's really got me wondering...because it certainly is easier to 'project' that feeling onto an unrealistic Hero, rather than the reality of a really cute co-worker. But your subcontious does (and knows) some really interesting things...

Awesome job--So great!
Laura

Thanks so much! blush

I do think it's pretty noteworthy that Lois so easily accepts Superman - there's never any hesitation. It would be interesting if her subconscious was telling her that it was okay because she actually did know him.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Sorry, so late. blush

I like Lois's comparison between her feelings for Clark and her feelings for Superman. Despite annoying Lois, Clark still earns her respect. And eventually, she melds these two mindsets into one as she realizes he's only one multifaceted man.

He chose to help, though he knows nothing of New Krypton. He chose to honor the sacrifice his parents made by sending their precious infant son out into the cold universe in a desperate attempt to save his life. He chose to try to repay the grateful debt he feels to the planet which birthed him.

I don't think anyone else could have made that choice. I don't think anyone else could be selfless enough to give up their happily ever after in favor of an unknown, joyless future. But Clark did. I have to applaud him for that, even while my heart breaks and bleeds, even while my tears drown me and my sobbing suffocates me. I have to respect him for his decision. Honestly, I doubted that his choice would be anything but what it was. It's just not him, not Clark, to turn his back on anyone's suffering. It's not in his nature to withhold help if it within his power to give it.
Truly why Clark is like no other.

I really loved that whole last part.

I was wrong.
It's the clone! jawdrop Just kidding.

And with that love blossoming within me, Clark reshaped the person I was into the person I am now. I'm still the hardnosed reporter, and I still pride myself on doing whatever is necessary to get the story or break the case. But in private, I'm a new woman. I'm not afraid to show him my sensitive side. I never feel shame when my tears flow before him and he wipes them away with a tender finger and a light kiss, whereas before I would have rather died than have anyone see me in a moment of weakness. With Clark, I can be as silly, as weird, as relaxed as I want to be. He doesn't judge me, but instead usually joins right on in with my antics. I don't have to pretend with him, because he makes me want to be my real self when I'm with him.

It's spilled over into my public life too, I think. Friendships never used to come easy, but now I find myself much more willing to allow others into my life, even if only in limited ways. I'm not as closed off as I once was. And my preexisting relationships are even deeper and richer than they ever could have hoped to be, before Clark came and altered my heart.

Because of Clark, I've begun the slow and difficult task of repairing my once barely existent relationship with my father. I've learned forgiveness, to a certain extent, though I'm not sure I'll ever fully be able to forget all the years of heartache he once caused, and the feelings of inadequacy that I used to harbor. And as for my relationship with my mom, while I wouldn't call it the perfect mother-daughter bond, it is much healthier than it used to be. Even my relationship with Lucy has changed for the better. And although I've always had a solid friendship with Jimmy and Perry, it's different now. Deeper. Easier. More casual and less formally professional.
A good description of how love can change a person for the good (the better?)

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi, Virginia!

Thanks for reading (no worries on the time, I know how busy RL can get).

I loved writing the comparisons between Clark and Superman as they slowly morphed into one man. I was initially only going to make it strictly a Clark/Lois thing, but as I was writing it, it really did call out for Superman to be included too.

Glad you enjoyed it!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard