Print Thread
#263801 06/04/15 08:43 PM
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Feedback folder for Facets.

I had quite a bit of trouble with this one. In every other episode so far, I've been able to find one big thing that gives us a glimpse into Clark's life, and I just couldn't find one big one in Honeymoon in Metropolis. So here's two smaller ones instead.

I wrote and rewrote this story multiple times (hence why it took so much longer) and I'm still not entirely happy with the result.

Feli

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
clap clap clap

I absolutely LOVE 'Honeymoon in Metropolis'. From the first time I saw it, it's easily been one of my all-time favorite episodes. And you know, you hit on exactly why that is...

HIM, to me, is so amazingly great because even though it's a completely 'made up' situation (pretending to be honeymooners, etc) that is happening--this is the episode where Lois and Clark truely (for the first time) get to be completely themselves around each other. There's a bit of that feeling in GGGoH, but Clark is sorta preoccupied with the lack of superpowers--plus they are out of Metropolis, much more out of their routine, etc.

From the end scene in HIM, when they are talking while both in bed, I always came away feeling that Lois really sort of 'discovered' Clark in this episode. Realized that she could be totally herself with him. Realized that being around him was a lot more fun than being alone, closing herself off. Realized that she missed him when he wasn't by her side after their time together.

They both, IMO, really got the framework of what a relationship could look like, be like, with each other in this episode.

And you totally pulled that into your piece notworthy. They become legitamate 'friends' in HIM. And they both legitamitely see 'potential' in their friend while getting to know each other over these few days.

You found what I feel while watching. Loved your piece hyper.

Great job smile
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Kerth
Kerth
I thought he intended her to be just another notch on his bedpost, but maybe he does actually care for her.
Lex's "love" for Lois was always manipulative - there was always something in it for him. Clark was able to see this because he knew the kind of person Lex really was behind the scenes.

HIM is, of course, one of the all-time favorites! The comfortable familiarity between them, their adorable playfulness (and, of course, the bed scene!)...wonderful. smile1

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
First off; the title of this vignette is very appropriate. Lois and Clark discovered different facets of each other's personalities outside of the newsroom. Discoveries which surprised and delighted them.

Lex love anyone besides himself? Nope, not even for a minute!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
I don't think Lex was capable of caring for another person. He always came across as being sociopathic to me. But I think he might have gotten a dose of the full strength Revenge formula... He certainly didn't love Lois, but (particularly after The Phoenix) he was obsessed with her.

Thanks for the feedback smile
Feli

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Happy
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
from resented interloper to occasionally useful subordinate to unsought partner and finally, begrudgingly, to friend.

I love the wording here.

Waking up and finding that you've been throwing yourself at a co-worker for two days has to be embarrassing at best.

Worse when you've done it in a harem outfit.

I had to keep it light so she wouldn't feel threatened, or she'd bolt.

Interesting idea.

I slipped up so many times that I'm surprised she doesn't know I'm Superman.

Thank goodness for her "catch the bad guy tunnel vision."

Having to call him when Lois disappeared- having to ask my greatest enemy for help- didn't sit well with me, but what could I do?

Always some of the hardest moments, they keep Clark so humble. I especially love the scene where they are together in Clark's apartment talking about Lois when she's got amnesia and they can't find her.

As much as he's capable of caring for another human being, that is.

Exactly.

I can only hope she doesn't feel the same way.

So sad, considering what's to come.

Again, love the short peek into the characters! Nicely handled.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard