Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#263781 06/04/15 03:28 AM
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
I do remember to do these every once in a while...

Hope you enjoy -- this one was really fun to write!

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Nicely done. I am thoroughly enjoying your "Quotable Moments" series.

One request: Would you consider writing a coda with the "You're not alone anymore" scene from WHaLtTA?

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I want to echo Lynn. This hole thing made me think of the "you're not alone" moment between Lois and Clark up in the clouds at the end of WHaLtTA.

Love the way they are thinking along the same lines here. And, true to nature, Lois shoves the thought away as impossible, while hope grows in Clark's heart. Nicely done!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Nicely done! thumbsup

It was good to listen in on their thoughts. Clark positive he wanted to pursue a relationship with her and Lois really nervous of even thinking about it.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
It took me a minute to recall when in the episode Clark said those words, but by the time I had gotten to Lois's part, I had figured it out.

You do a terrific way of describing how 'never being alone' is a good thing to Clark -- all positives. It got me to thinking if there was a part of him that could be terrified by that possibility, too. You had him daydreaming about a relationship with Lois AFTER he had told her everything, but since he hadn't told her his secret at this point -- that even though he fantasized about the dream, I could see him also see that dream being shattered by telling her.

Never being alone means that Lois could see him floating in his sleep, so that he would have to be careful about sleeping in her presence before he told her. Never being alone was acting human 24/7, and never ever getting a chance to just be himself. Never being alone meant more lame excuses to duck out to do a Superman rescue, which Lois would surely know were lame excuses leading to Clark hurting Lois. Anyway, that's where it led my thoughts.

Lois certainly feels the pull in two directions. The way she expects she should act and the way she'd like to act... and rarely do the two cross let alone meet. It's as if Clark has opened her eyes to the possibility that a relationship and/or marriage could be a good thing.

I liked the dichotomy of their perspectives and thoughts on that same line.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Lovely notworthy clap notworthy.

That moment...being 'never alone'. It's one of my very favorite bits of dialog between Lois and Clark in HIM (and that's saying something, there are a lot of great back-n-forths in this episode thumbsup).

I've always loved this bit of conversation for what it implies--seemingly so similar 'wants', till you throw some classic Lois Lane Fear into the mix wallbash. But also, I love the moment for everything unspoken--the looks, the body language, the mutual 'discovery' of what a future could look like with one another. There's so much depth in those few seconds of Lois and Clark together.

That old VCR of ours always got the rewind button hit quite a few times right about then. Thank goodness for DVDs. Such a great moment grin.

Amazing job--thanks for putting into words how much that moment has always 'spoken' to me hail.
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Kerth
Kerth
That was a perfect last line! I agree with Laura - that was a great moment in a great episode, and you absolutely did it justice. smile

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Thank you, everyone! These are fun to write, but for an author who finds brevity as much of an enemy as I do, they take a while for me to hammer out, and I'm not always sure they say what I want them to. So it's wonderfully encouraging to hear that they at least managed to say SOMETHING to someone. smile

I'd love to write the 'You're not alone anymore' moment, and I've jotted it down as the Quotable for that episode, but there's quite a few episodes between! Hopefully, I won't go as slow on these upcoming ones as I have on the previous chapters!

Thanks again for the lovely comments!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard