Print Thread
#263743 06/01/15 07:33 PM
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Feedback folder for A Terrible Mistake.

This one was fun. Pheromone My Lovely is my favourite episode and it was nice to have an excuse to watch it again (like I really needed one lol)

Feli

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yes, Clark ends up kicking himself for a while after that little misstep. I can understand not being able to help himself with Lex looking on...

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yes, letting Lois think he was drunk on Revenge was a mistake. Allowing her to kiss him in this state probably didn't help Clark's cause any. Did Clark regret it? I doubt it.

I knew straight away that it was a mistake. For starters, I want Lois to want Clark Kent, not Superman. How was that ever going to happen if I let her think there was the possibility of a future with Superman? Giving into temptation this way only fuels her crush on Superman. I was turning into my own worst enemy.
So true.

I think what I witnessed was the tipping point. I think that in that moment, I went from annoyance to be dealt with to mortal enemy, someone to be utterly destroyed.
Yes. Luthor didn't like Superman before, but Lois throwing herself at him in Lex's presence. THAT was unforgivable. I've always wondered, did Lex know that Superman was faking it?

A good re-cap of Clark's feelings during this roller-coaster of an episode.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I knew straight away that it was a mistake. For starters, I want Lois to want Clark Kent, not Superman. How was that ever going to happen if I let her think there was the possibility of a future with Superman? Giving into temptation this way only fuels her crush on Superman. I was turning into my own worst enemy.

Oh, totally! YES! I still remember--what would it be? like 22 years ago--sitting in front of the tv, barely a teenager, screaming, "No!" when Clark kissed Lois as Superman at the end of PML blush grin wallbash. The kiss? Yeah, I loved the kiss laugh. But...it wasn't with Clark.

It felt like back-pedaling. Slowly, episode by episode, Clark gaining Lois' trust, them becoming friends. Seeing little bits of moments where 'more' is there between them (Lois and Clark). And then Clark goes and kisses her as Superman? And not a little kiss...the biggest kiss to date cat.

Yes, the pheromone could be used as the reason behind the kiss, but still...argh thud.

--end of rant wink --

Anyway, excellent piece, Feli. I really enjoyed this story--PML is one of my all-time favorite episodes, also. You did a fantastic job bringing the feeling of those days for Clark into your writing. And I loved how you ended with Lex. That look, the meaning of the look. Superman does need to start watching his back smile.

Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Kerth
Kerth
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
I've always wondered, did Lex know that Superman was faking it?
Ooooohh! That's a good question! Someone could absolutely take that idea and run with it as a new twist on PML. Lex now knows that Superman wants Lois, and it motivates Lex to start making his move on Lois as a way of stealing her from Superman. And maybe Lois keeps dwelling on the fact that Clark wasn't affected by it...gosh, Superman wants me, but Clark doesn't?! And it starts to really irritate her, until she tells Clark off for not being in love with her, because it's just not possible that she could be attracted to him when he feels nothing for her. Cue Kerth nomination for Best First Kiss / Best Revelation. grin

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Love it! Nice points all around.

But, Lois did think Superman was under the Revenge spray, so I think she wouldn't mistake his actions for saying that "hey, we have a chance." She already thought they had a chance.

The Luthor point - I've seen it argued that Miranda dosed him with the "permanent" solution. I'd never really considered this, but it WOULD explain a lot of his behavior from this point onward.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
This is great! I always loved this episode as well. I was upset when Clark kissed Lois as Superman at the end because she wasn’t kissing the real him but I did find it pretty funny at the same time since Clark tried so hard not to take advantage of Lois while she was under the influence and Lois barely gave it a second thought. I guess in a way, they both took advantage of each other since he wasn’t actually affected. I really enjoyed your take on things. I could see that being exactly what Clark was thinking.

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard