Disclaimer: All recognisable characters etc belong to DC Comics, Warner Bros and December 3rd Productions.

Author's Note: Tenth in the At First Sight series, set at the end of Pheromone My Lovely. This hasn't been beta-read, any mistakes are my own.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I kissed Lois Lane today.

I kissed Lois and it was incredible.

It was also a terrible mistake.

The last three days have been torture.

Miranda's Revenge may not have affected me, but it sure affected everyone else in the newsroom.
The result was mayhem. Havoc. Absolute chaos.

And in the midst of it all was Lois. Any doubts I'd had about Lois being attracted to me were quickly dispelled when she came under the influence of Revenge. Especially once we discovered that the formula merely heightened an attraction that was already present.

It took every ounce of self control I have not to give in to her.
When I met Lois, for the first time in my life I understood the meaning of desire. Having her throw herself at me, time and time again over the past two days and nights... The only reason I didn't- couldn't- give in was the knowledge she wasn't herself. Even my self control broke in the end. If I'd been affected too, who knows what might have happened.

After the temptation of the past few days, is it any wonder I gave in and kissed her?
It wouldn't have been so bad under different circumstances, but I kissed Lois for all the wrong reasons

It was an irresistible impulse, fuelled by attraction, a desire for a kind of payback for the last few days, jealousy of her budding relationship with Lex Luthor, and the knowledge that she'd welcome a kiss from Superman.

I've kissed her twice before- moments that remain seared on my memory. Both of those kisses had been gentler, less fervent.
This kiss was fiery, passionate, intense- just like Lois herself.

I knew straight away that it was a mistake. For starters, I want Lois to want Clark Kent, not Superman. How was that ever going to happen if I let her think there was the possibility of a future with Superman? Giving into temptation this way only fuels her crush on Superman. I was turning into my own worst enemy.

Speaking of enemies... I saw Luthor's face when Lois and I broke apart. For an instant there was a feral, evil glint in his eyes. Belatedly I remembered Lois' remarks about Luthor's behaviour the previous night. It seemed likely that Miranda had managed to spray Luthor with Revenge. The question was, in what concentration? Would the effects be permanent?

Whether they were or not, the change in Luthor's expression bothers me.

I think what I witnessed was the tipping point. I think that in that moment, I went from annoyance to be dealt with to mortal enemy, someone to be utterly destroyed.

I already know that Luthor is absolutely ruthless and completely amoral, that he'll stop at nothing to achieve his ends.

I need to start watching my back.

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg