Print Thread
#263722 05/31/15 07:44 PM
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Feedback folder for Decisions.

It never sat right with me that everything goes back to normal so easily in Man of Steel Bars. I don't know about anyone else, but if I was forced out of my home and told I wasn't welcome, I'd have to think long and hard about going back when they changed their minds.

Last edited by NostalgiaKick; 05/31/15 07:44 PM. Reason: Typo

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by NostalgiaKick
It never sat right with me that everything goes back to normal so easily in Man of Steel Bars. I don't know about anyone else, but if I was forced out of my home and told I wasn't welcome, I'd have to think long and hard about going back when they changed their minds.
I agree. I've always wondered how much time passed between when Clark quit and he returned. You (and the episode) suggested it was 'two days', but I wonder if it was longer than that. It's hard to believe that Metropolis aquifer would have cooled down enough in the span of an episode for it to snow in the city, again.

I agree that Lois standing up for Superman during this trying time only cemented Clark's (and Superman's) friendship and admiration of her. But as Clark is still trying to figure out his powers, he too didn't know if it was him or someone setting Superman up until Lois proved his innocence.

I guess a few months of catching criminals and saving lives isn't enough to overcome humanity's innate fear of the unknown. It's easier to blame a seemingly inexplicable phenomenon on a scapegoat than it is to search for answers.
So true.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Lovely notworthy.

Two completely powerful passages:

I know now who my true friends are. Lois, Jimmy and Perry never gave up on me. The rest of the city is a different story.

&

I don't want to leave Metropolis. Leaving Metropolis means leaving Lois. I've only just found her. I can't lose her.

I've always had mixed feelings about this episode (but...there's that goodbye kiss... ***sigh grin***...that scene, that kiss--just for those few moments of Lois and Clark together alone late at the Planet saying goodbye mecry / sloppy / love--probably will always keep MOSB high on my favorite list, honestly wink ).

I hate how fickle Metropolis is. How can Clark not feel used? Unappreciated? But the silver lining has always been how dedicated Clark's friends are. Especially Lois. Lois saves Superman in MOSB. I love how you brought this all up, gave us Clark's confusion on the subject. So accurate, so spot-on hail.

And, like I babbled through above, you really see the attachment that Clark (and Lois) have developed for each other in MOSB. The Goodbye Kiss Scene--it would be completely sad to say how many times I've sat through it peep. A-mazing! How true of the saying that you 'don't appreciate what you've got till it's gone' for Lois? And Clark...the absolute worst part of leaving Metropolis is leaving Lois. To have to go back to being alone, after you've just found someone you think is The One. Heartbreaking.

You nailed this one, completely, Feli smile. Great job!
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I guess a few months of catching criminals and saving lives isn't enough to overcome humanity's innate fear of the unknown. It's easier to blame a seemingly inexplicable phenomenon on a scapegoat than it is to search for answers.

This is exactly why MoSB is so sad. The INSTANT way the city turns on him, without question.

Lois told me two nights ago that I'm not a quitter.
It's time to put aside my resentment and prove her right.

Love this. Lois already knows him so well.

Nicely done!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard