Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#263523 05/25/15 01:17 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
It's a holiday weekend. May as well offer up a little treat for those of you who have braved this story. party

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Kerth
Kerth
Lois impulsively spilling the beans about her pregnancy seemed like the exact sort of thing she'd do. She should wait to tell her parents for as long as possible - definitely until after she and Clark have fully come to terms with their relationship. I somehow suspect their reaction will be less than positive. Clark's clearly emotionally fragile right now if he reacted that badly to Ralph's comments. At least Lois told him that she loves him...that's a good sign. smile

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by groobie
Lois impulsively spilling the beans about her pregnancy seemed like the exact sort of thing she'd do. She should wait to tell her parents for as long as possible - definitely until after she and Clark have fully come to terms with their relationship. I somehow suspect their reaction will be less than positive. Clark's clearly emotionally fragile right now if he reacted that badly to Ralph's comments. At least Lois told him that she loves him...that's a good sign. smile

I thought they would be both stressed enough to blow up in different ways. I had second thoughts about Clark reacting in the way he did, but I realized that he's more stressed than Lois is (probably). It seemed natural for him to inadvertently lose control for just a moment or two.

Yes, we WILL see Ellen and Sam's reactions to the news.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Thanks for the treat, DC smile...

I really enjoyed this part--getting kind of a confirmation of just how much is going on in Lois and Clark's lives, seeing how they both are trying to deal with it all.

I very much got a kick out of Lois' personal outting of her pregnancy at work. Agree with Groobie--I can totally see Lois doing something like that. She reaches her 'level' of frustration, and out it all comes. And I could just picture the look on everyone's faces in the conference room grin. The news needed to come out, though...and really, it's probably good that it came out when it did. Now Cat is off Lois' back, now they don't need to hide (this secret, anyway wink ).

I hated to see Clark get suspended, but personally, I really enjoyed him standing up for Lois. Ralph deserved it--everything. He's annoying in the show, but this Ralph is ridiculously frustrating (great writing notworthy ). He needed to be put in his place. And knowing Clark--how in control he is, how much he thinks through everything...there's something kinda great to be said of when he forgets all of that patience to defend Lois love.

Lois taking Clark into an empty conference room--just standing there, hugging him--I loved that! That simple reassurance was really touching. And, while in the middle of their rough patch, I'm sure seeing 'Clark' come to her rescue (Clark, not the usual Superman), would make a nice impression on Lois, too wink.

Loving it, DC
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by LMA
Thanks for the treat, DC smile...

I really enjoyed this part--getting kind of a confirmation of just how much is going on in Lois and Clark's lives, seeing how they both are trying to deal with it all.

I very much got a kick out of Lois' personal outting of her pregnancy at work. Agree with Groobie--I can totally see Lois doing something like that. She reaches her 'level' of frustration, and out it all comes. And I could just picture the look on everyone's faces in the conference room grin. The news needed to come out, though...and really, it's probably good that it came out when it did. Now Cat is off Lois' back, now they don't need to hide (this secret, anyway wink ).

I hated to see Clark get suspended, but personally, I really enjoyed him standing up for Lois. Ralph deserved it--everything. He's annoying in the show, but this Ralph is ridiculously frustrating (great writing notworthy ). He needed to be put in his place. And knowing Clark--how in control he is, how much he thinks through everything...there's something kinda great to be said of when he forgets all of that patience to defend Lois love.

Lois taking Clark into an empty conference room--just standing there, hugging him--I loved that! That simple reassurance was really touching. And, while in the middle of their rough patch, I'm sure seeing 'Clark' come to her rescue (Clark, not the usual Superman), would make a nice impression on Lois, too wink.

Loving it, DC
Laura

Hi there! wave Glad you are still enjoying the story!

I'm glad you liked the blowups and what they mean in terms of Lois and Clark's stress levels. I too, thought Lois blurting things out felt like a natural move for her. I get the biggest kick out of picturing what Cat must have looked like. laugh But, will it get her off Lois' back? Probably not. It does, however, leave things open for a whole new line of teasing. devil

It was rather nice to see Ralph get what's coming to him, wasn't it? I won't lie - it was fun to write.

I liked writing the scene between Lois and Clark in the conference room. For that moment, the secret doesn't matter to either of them and they are doing what they are meant to do - holding onto and taking strength from each other. It's the one moment of absolute calm in the storm going on in their lives at the moment. And, on a more subtle notion, even if they aren't realizing it, the fact that they are able to have such a calm moment should indicate to them that things will be okay between them, if they let it.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard