Print Thread
#263462 05/23/15 08:05 AM
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Feedback folder for Evil Lurks

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
In a way, you show how Clark's goodness is lurking as well. Lurking, in a good way. Watching Luthor as often as Superman and Clark can, so that Superman can swoop in and save the day. Waiting for Luthor to slip up and make a mistake, so that Superman can prove Luthor is also (or not ALSO*) wearing a mask. Making sure that Luthor doesn't get away with his evil deeds.

Good analysis on Trask too. He isn't evil. Although, he's willing to hurt Wayne Irig and the Kents to get at Superman. (Then again, Clark doesn't know about that, yet.) Is that evil or is that just paranoid derangement? Does Trask move from paranoid derangement in Strange Visitor to evil paranoid derangement by GGGoH?

I'm glad Clark's thinking of a future when he tells Lois the truth, at least at the beginning. smile

---

*Because Clark doesn't want Superman unmasked at the same time Luthor is (or ever).

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow, I love this line!:

Maybe I can see other people's secrets because I'm hiding such a massive one of my own.

How intuitive notworthy hyper grin. I read the sentence three times in a row, just now, very much having it 'click'.

And you know, I think this thought process can totally apply to Lois, also (besides Lex). Lois' secret is so much her 'true self'. She wears a mask daily--as a reporter, with her colleagues, with her family. Never letting people 'in'...always afraid of getting hurt. Hiding herself to protect herself. The beauty of Lois and Clark's relationship, IMO, is that Clark see that. He knows what she's doing because he's had to do that his whole life.

That, to me, is a lot of the connection Clark feels with Lois. I think he can see a bit of himself--his struggles--in her, and can identify with her because of that. And likewise, because they are so similar, this gives Clark the ability to relate, become friends, and eventually become everything to Lois.

Great sentence--wonderful part. Very much enjoying this series clap.
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 05/23/15 12:04 PM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
If I were Luthor, I would be very much afraid to have someone with such powers and abilities watching me.

But then, that is the entire reason why Luthor wants to challenge Superman, he knows Superman has a code of ethics whereas Luthor has none.

Well written.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Features Writer
Features Writer
Ooooh, I love the line about Lois saving him but turnabout is fair play -- that is, in a nutshell, so much of their relationship. He saves her physically and she saves him emotionally, and sometimes it goes the other way around, but they're always there for each other.

I, too, really like the insight into Trask. It was a very good contrast to Luthor, which is why I've always liked these two villains side-by-side, irrationality versus cold reason, but both of them with very two-sides-of-the-same-coin animosity toward Superman.

Great story! I'm really enjoying these!

Kerth
Kerth
One thing I liked about both L&C and Smallville was the portrayal of Lex as more than just evil. He's not a cartoon villain with a nebulous, nefarious motivation for the evil schemes he directs. Smallville showed his capacity for friendship (even if it was ultimately corrupted); L&C showed his capacity for love (even if it was manipulative and self-centered). But it's the evil that lurks underneath the surface which constantly leads to his downfall.

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Thanks everyone!

Your comments are really giving me things to think about for this series and I'm greatly enjoying your feedback.

Feli

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
People only see what they want to see.

Hmmm...Lex?

All they see is the self made billionaire philanthropist, the facade that he likes to show the world.

Well, he IS rather good at his craft. wink

Even Trask isn't really evil. Paranoid, rabidly xenophobic and utterly ruthless, yes, but not really evil.

Um, Clark, he tried to BBQ your family....Ruthless, of course, but also evil in my book.

With a few simple words, she made me realise that I don't have to save everyone.

She's so good that way.

Another great little tale. Nice peek inside Clark's mind!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard