Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#263262 05/14/15 06:24 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
So, my Dad and I are going on a long trip, and sometimes we pass the time by having one read aloud while the other is driving. It so happens that we both enjoy LnC fanfic, so...can anyone recommend some fics to stock up on for the drive?

Comedy would be preferred. No smut, please, because...well, come on, it's my *dad*! eek

~•~
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Easily, hands down, one of my all-time favorite fics is:

Field of Dreams by Caroline K. (105 k). "Lois goes through the events of the end of Season 1 without ever having met Clark. He's still in Borneo, and in the aftermath of the Fall of the House of Luthor, Lois flees Metropolis and finds love and healing in a tiny Smallville, Kansas farmhouse".

It's written in first person (Lois'), and done with such character. Cracks me up every time I read it--but probably more so for the way it's written and not subject matter. It's a lovely story, completely wonderful. I've been wanting to read it again for the upteenth time. If you haven't read it yet, check it out smile.

Laura

Have a fun trip! wave

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Top Banana
Top Banana
I have to double down on Field of Dreams as it is an amazing, uplifting story.

Some others:

Practically Married by KatherineKent (pretty funny)
Lois and Clark are practically married but don't realise it.

Family Man by StopQuitDont (has quite a bit of humorous moments)
With the help of a Christmas visitor, a very different Clark is shown what his life could be if only he will allow it to happen.

Valentines Cards by Bob Bartholomew (nice and touching)
The Lane sisters have a tradition of shopping for Valentine's Day cards. This year Lois has a story to tell about buying a card the year she dated Lex. Telling that story may lead to progress in a relationship with much more potential.

Mike

Last edited by Mike M; 05/14/15 09:12 PM. Reason: added comments - got called to dinner before...

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thanks for the recs, guys. smile

~•~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hmmm, I have been meaning to read that story for years, thanks for the rec!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
R
RJS Offline
Blogger
Blogger
R
No one recommended "Tea Totaled?" One of the funniest stories in the archive.

K
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
K
I don't know if it's too late or if you've already gone on your trip, but I'd throw in CC Aiken's In A Better Place! My favorite L&C story ever. (Actually, just throw in everything CC wrote!)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I love anything by BJ (along with many other authors). I recently re-read her Master of Disguise and recommend it.

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard