Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#263240 05/13/15 08:39 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark TOC can be found Here

So... Is Clark a glutton for punishment or is he merely cursed? Perhaps he just has really bad luck? Or is this *good* luck? Let me know! Post your comments in this thread!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

Where we left Lois and Clark in Part 205…

One More Talk
clap Oh, look, last part’s new chapter was just enough for a cliffy teaser. You’re kind of an evil one, aren’t you?
LOIS: She’s prevented me from enjoying the Kryptonian fruit for hundreds of parts now, so what do you think? mad

Lois glanced over at Clark from the corner of her eye. “Would you have told me about Superman first?”
CLARK: confused Why? How does he figure into this? huh

“Yes.”
shock

“Would you have worded it better?”
Telling her about Superman?

“It’s true. Nobody is quite like you, Chuck,” Lois said with a gentle pat to his chest. “It was horrible, though. Did you steal the idea from Mr. Darcy?”
[Linked Image] Pride and Prejudice?

“Oh, come on, Clark! Don’t tell me you’ve never read Jane Austen’s ‘Pride and Prejudice’,” she replied.
It’s not really on the curriculum in non-English-speaking countries. We got to read about teenagers shooting each other during the First World War and committing suicide just before graduation because they think they flunked the final exams. Separate books.

“Of course,” Lois said, waving him off. “It wouldn’t be an ordinary day without it.”

Clark returned ten minutes later, carrying two coffees. He was learning.
laugh And no chocolate bar?

“At least, I didn’t insult your family or your looks,” Clark said, sadly returning to his defense of his atrocious proposal. “As Mr. Darcy did when he first proposed to Elizabeth Bennet.”
Huh…Did he go off and read P&P during those 10 minutes?
LIBRARIAN: I’m telling you, Superman flew in, asked for the 19th century novels section and went to town. No idea what got into him.

“There wasn’t a call for help, was there? You ran off to read the book.”

Clark smiled sheepishly, admitting she was right.
jawdrop Does that mean she will have to go with movie references from now on. At least, until the Internet and Wikipedia make their come back?

“I didn’t like Wickham, though,” he continued with a frown.
Lex?

Clark coughed. “Perhaps not the best word choice. If your sister Lucy ran off with Luthor…”
laugh And Lois would have been ticked off that Lex didn’t choose her?

And Lucy has more sense than to date a criminal. At least, Lois hoped she did.
JONNHY: wave

“And it had been an ordinary day?” Lois asked. Like today?

“Precisely.”

Oh, God! Is he…?
Asking for her to plant another green-K heel in his sensitive region?

“So, you’re not…?”
Wonder if she’s hoping or fearing.
LOIS: I fear nothing. Not that that I’m hoping…well…expecting. Which I’m not. Expecting, I mean. Or hoping. What was the question?
CLARK: If I’m going to ask you to marry you.
LOIS: Yes!
CLARK: shock help
LOIS: No!
CLARK: shock mecry
LOIS: I mean…

“Much too soon,” Clark agreed with an obvious sigh of relief.
No proposal while she’s having the curse?
CLARK: [Linked Image]
Couldn’t they just wait until the wedding night and go with a traditional one year engagement period?

“I’m not ready,” Lois said, trying to make it her decision again. “But someday, I might be.”

Clark relaxed back against the bench. “Someday sounds good.” He glanced over at her and she could see in his nervousness the unasked question in his eyes.
Maybe she will be much more ready with another man? Like creepy a FBI agent or a creepy psychiatrist or the creepy son of a criminal billionaire?

She gave him a smile of reassurance. “Don’t worry. When I’m ready, you’ll be the first to know,” she murmured, leaning over to kiss him gently. “You are my best friend after all.”
Awwwww! She friendzoned him and wants him to be her gentleman of honor clap

She really needed to stop picking fights with him.
At least until they can make up in an…agitated fashion in some private location like the storage cabinet or the copier room?

“I don’t kiss my friends like that,” Clark said.
CAT: razz

Caught, Clark sighed. “You mean more to me than just some ordinary best friend could.”
CAT: Hey! I’m not ordinary!

“Do you want me to admit that I still want to ravish your body? Because I do,” she added with an extra sultry tone to her voice.
thud

Clark flushed, his whole body stiffening into steel… and embarrassment? “That’s not what I… I don’t even know… if that’s possible, Lois.”
I…think Lois would disagree with that statement.

“It’s possible, Clark.”

“Why do you keep saying that?” he asked. “How would you know?”

Lois smiled, and took a sip of her coffee. “I know.”
Oh dear. Did she…? Should he mention that he doesn’t have his strength while he’s under the influence?
CLARK: Or stamina.
LOIS: thud

“Clark,” she replied, brushing his lips with hers. “It wouldn’t be our first time, you know.”
peep

This time it was Lois’s turn to blush and glance away. “We made love when I visited you in the hospital during Nightfall.”
[Linked Image]

“I wouldn’t lie about this,” she said adamantly.

“Right,” Clark scoffed.

“I wouldn’t!”

“Sure you would,” he said. “But I don’t blame you.”

“Excuse me!” she growled.

“Lois, you told me during my birthday dinner that we hadn’t had sex that night.
He got her there, didn’t he?
LOIS: I only said that I wouldn’t lie about having sex with him. Not about not having sex with him. See? Totally different things.

He ruffled her hair. “I’m flattered, Lois, I am. But I don’t have to believe you.”
That pregnancy sure would come in handy right about now, now wouldn’t it?

“But I’m not lying!” she yelled, jumping to her feet and scaring a flock of nearby pigeons into the air. “We did too make love!”
laugh Does sound like a petulant girl, doesn’t she?

“Why don’t you say that a little louder, Lois? I don’t think they quite heard you in Gotham City.”
rotflol Is it time for WHALTTA? But shouldn’t there be an entire season in between then…and now?

Lois could feel her anger boiling. “I lied to you then, but I’m not lying to you now. You have to believe me.”
Once a liar, always a liar.

Lois sat back down with a huff, drumming her fingers on her leg as she thought of a way to convince him she wasn’t lying… well, this time.
Maybe if she came into his apartment late at night, dropped her raincoat and ravished him in his bed?

“I didn’t lie to you on your birthday, exactly. I Clark-Kented you.”
Oh, look. She’s going all Obi Wan on his now.
CLARK: Is that when she’s telling me that she’s actually my sister?

“You asked if we had ‘mad, passionate sex’ in the hospital, remember?”
But he wasn’t quite up to it?

He blinked, stared at her, and then blinked again. “I’m not seeing it.”
laugh

Lois leaned forward and kissed his lips. “You don’t see the difference between ‘hot, passionate sex’ and ‘making love’?” she purred. “I don’t believe you.”
CAT: He never had sex with me.
PHIL: Really? *Really*?

Lois picked up her coffee and took a sip. “If you had known we had made love in the hospital, you would have tried to stop me from going undercover to nab Lex.”
CLARK: No! No, I wouldn’t have.
LOIS: Uh-huh.
CLARK: laugh
LOIS: [Linked Image]
CLARK: [Linked Image]
LOIS: You would have tried to stop me either way! mad

She glared at him. “Luthor is in jail, isn’t he?”

Clark looked over his shoulder in the direction of Stryker's Island Penitentiary, tilted down his glasses a notch, and nodded before returning his gaze to Lois.
rotflol He does realize that there’s clones available, right?

“No,” Lois admitted, her posture softening. “I was embarrassed.”

“You were embarrassed about having made love to me?” he grumbled. “Terrific.”
laugh

“It was more than sex to me.”
[Linked Image]

“You didn’t take advantage of me, Lois,” he murmured into her hair. “I wanted you just as much as you wanted me.”
So…’hot nurse’ fantasy can now be crossed off his bucket list? Since he already got ‘girl scout’ and ‘cheerleader’?

“You’ll still have that chance,” Clark said, brushing his hand through her hair. “Someday, when I’m ready.”
jawdrop thud Is he daft?
CLARK: What? She could still be lying.

She couldn’t believe him. “And you’re saying that you don’t want to ‘ravish’ me?”
He’s quite steeled himself for it. Then again, his bravado is gone now.

Lois brushed her hand against his thigh. “I beg to differ.”
laugh Maybe he’s a little ready?
CLARK: Hey!

He took hold of her hand. “Mentally and emotionally ready, minha,” he murmured. “And, yes, physically, too.”
Yes. I think he probably needs some time on a couch with Ari.

Clark held up his hand. “Even if what you told me is true,” he said,
Oh look!
CLARK: Once a liar. Always a liar. And I won’t entrust her life to Lois’s ability to tell the truth.

“And physically, I wasn’t hurt when we…” She cleared her throat, unsure what word to use for what had happened. “— in the hospital.”
‘played naughty nurse’? Plus, I reiterate the pregnancy conundrum.

“I’m so glad,” he whispered, returning her kiss. “If you had died…” She heard him choke on the word.
…it would have been so awkward if she had contracted some deadly hospital bug while visiting him.

“Lois, it’s not a matter of believing you,” he explained. “While I was in the hospital, my body was weakened by Kryptonite. Making love to you at full strength would be another story.”
So, maybe she didn’t make love with Clark/Superman/Kal-El because a part of him was missing. Two parts, actually. This way, the curse didn’t get activated.

She had no idea what she could do to be able to prove to him what she already knew to be true… well, other than the obvious, which he clearly didn’t want to try
CLARK: Master Yoda always said, ‘Do, or do not. There is no try.’

They were perfectly suited for one another.
The ice Maiden and the guy who doesn’t want to have sex because he associates it with his former fiancée?
LOIS: Was I just insulted? [Linked Image] *TWICE*?

I knew the wind was too cold today, not to have a jacket.
Am not sure about that extra print, there. Might be. Might not be.

You’re positively flushed and your heart rate just skyrocketed and your eyes…”
That’s her horny-face.

“— your eyes are…” He swallowed. “— are… are… dilated… Wow!” He whispered the last word.
CLARK: Wow…she looks just like Cat did when we went on that investigation of the male strippers con ring.

“Fly us someplace private, Chuck,” she said between breaths. “Now!”
She sounds just about ready, now.

Clark clamored to his feet. “Lois!” he sputtered, taking a few steps backwards. “Are you sure you’re okay? I mean, you’re acting a bit Revenge-addled.”
rotflol

“So, I’d have to be sprayed with Revenge to want you, Chuck?”
It had helped in the past. Plus, it would be a great reason for her to bend the truth.
LOIS: Hey!
Fine. Lie outright.

“Clicked?” he repeated, again with alarm. “Did I whistle and buzz too? Is that how you knew?”
rotflol They should go to the Nutmeg Room evil

Annoyed once more by his lack of self-confidence, she shoved his chest. The surprise of it knocked him to the ground.
Oh, that could come in handy. Him on the ground. Her ready to pounce.

“What’s the matter with you? I’m trying to give you a compliment,” she yelled. “It’s not as if it was your first time.”
clap Wouldn’t that have been awkward to come out now?

cold leaf-strewn ground
Ooooh! Maybe a bit of punctuation here?

“Yes, a compliment. I’ve been known to give them out from time to time.”
shock
LOIS: confused Ribbit?

“You do?” he asked, ducking.
See?

She harrumphed. “Forget it, Chuck. You’ve ruined the mood, anyway.”
Hah! That’s how he could keep her alive. Pick a fight *and* insult her.
LOIS: He’d prevent sex from happening. I would still go and investigate. Not that I’m not safe while I’m investigating.

Lois waited. She knew from the way that he had spoken that he hadn’t finished his point, and this sounded important. She wasn’t going to miss any more information by interrupting Clark.
laugh

His lips formed a line. “Hey, this is hard enough to admit to without the heckling from the peanut gallery.”
Hey! The Author is hoping for those! Right? *Right*?

“Sorry,” Lois said contritely. “I’ll be good. Go on.”
Oooh! She’s going to be playing the good girl. That should be exciting for Superman.

Clark winced. “You’re right. You’re right. I’m sorry.”
Flattery will get him everywhere.

“What if I said, ‘I love your butt’?” he asked, snaking his hands down to her bottom and giving her a squeeze.
jawdrop

“— how slow…” Her lips trailed down his neck to where it met his clavicle. “— is ‘slow’?”
About 15 minutes?

“I made a vow that I’d be abstinent until marriage,” he confessed softly.
Oh boy.
LOIS: He can fly. And Las Vegas doesn’t have a waiting period.
So, now the truth is out... or is it? Who should Clark believe? Lois or Wells?
I think he’s already married so it doesn’t matter anyway.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Darth Michael: Thank you for continuing FDK. You brighten my day. Thank you.
Originally Posted by Michael
Originally Posted by WC 206 & EW
Where we left Lois and Clark in Part 205…
One More Talk
************* [/quote
Oh, look, last part’s new chapter was just enough for a cliffy teaser. You’re kind of an evil one, aren’t you?
Originally the chapter title was "One Last Talk" but then I realized, they're still talking after this scene. wink Yes, I add a bit of Part 206 into Part 205, because otherwise it would have been a tad short.

LOIS: She’s prevented me from enjoying the Kryptonian fruit for hundreds of parts now, so what do you think?
Why, look at the time. I really should be... [Linked Image] peep

CLARK: /confused/ Why? How does he figure into this? /huh/

Originally Posted by ER
Originally Posted by WC 206
“Yes.”
ER: /flabbergasted/
Oh, ye of little faith. If you reach in to the back recesses of your mind you'll remember that he had been trying to Lois for months before he proposed.

Originally Posted by ER
Originally Posted by EW
“Would you have worded it better?”
Telling her about Superman?
The proposal. Also, she figured out the SM thing all on her own.
LOIS: Technically, his lips helped.

“It’s true. Nobody is quite like you, Chuck,” Lois said with a gentle pat to his chest. “It was horrible, though. Did you steal the idea from Mr. Darcy?”
ER: /guessing/Pride and Prejudice?
Yes, THAT Mr. Darcy.

It’s not really on the curriculum in non-English-speaking countries. We got to read about teenagers shooting each other during the First World War and committing suicide just before graduation because they think they flunked the final exams. Separate books.
Wow. That sounds depressing. Truth be told I didn't read it until spent a year abroad in Germany and read through the English language section of the library, which was full of American/British classics. Then, again, who knows what the reading assignments might be at Krypton High.

And no chocolate bar?
CLARK: Great. And here I thought I was doing well.
LOIS: Yes, Clark, if you had brought me chocolate bar, then we'd have to discuss ways for me to work off those calories.

Huh…Did he go off and read P&P during those 10 minutes?
LIBRARIAN: I’m telling you, Superman flew in, asked for the 19th century novels section and went to town. No idea what got into him.
CLARK: [Linked Image] I plead the Fifth.

Does that mean she will have to go with movie references from now on. At least, until the Internet and Wikipedia make their come back?
Good thing he's a speed reader. Also, the good adaptation (with Colin Firth) doesn't get released for another year. Maybe I'll have them watch it together (all 6 hours of it), cuddling on the couch.
LOIS: *6* hours and all I get is cuddling?
CLARK: I or you, depending on the location, would probably have to stay the night.
LOIS: Okay, then.

Originally Posted by ER
“I didn’t like Wickham, though,” he continued with a frown.
Lex?
No, actually, Lex liked Wickham.
LEX: He saw a rich female he liked and he just took her. He figured after he de-flowered the girl (of 16), her parents or guardians would insist that they be married. Smart man! I should have done that with Lois.

And Lois would have been ticked off that Lex didn’t choose her?
Lucy was an easier target.
LEX: She dances in the shower as well as she put out. Two qualities that Lois does not have.
LOIS: It wouldn't be the first time some guy dumped me because I wouldn't go to bed with him. Patience is a virtue, you know. Lex does know that he'll die a slow and painful death if he touches one hair on Lucy's head.

Originally Posted by ER
And Lucy has more sense than to date a criminal. At least, Lois hoped she did.
JONNHY: /wave/
Hmmmm. [Linked Image] I wonder...

Asking for her to plant another green-K heel in his sensitive region?
LOIS: What does Michael mean by "another"?!

Originally Posted by ER
“So, you’re not…?”
Wonder if she’s hoping or fearing.
LOIS: I fear nothing. Not that that I’m hoping…well…expecting. Which I’m not. Expecting, I mean. Or hoping. What was the question?
CLARK: If I’m going to ask you to marry you.
LOIS: Yes!
CLARK: /Deary me! What have I done?/
LOIS: No!
CLARK: /She *doesn't* want to marry me? That's even worse./
LOIS: I mean…
Perhaps you should just stop, Lois. Before Clark decides to move into that hole you've dug for yourself.

No proposal while she’s having the curse?
CLARK: /sure, we can phrase it that way/
ER: Couldn’t they just wait until the wedding night and go with a traditional one year engagement period?
CLARK: That works for me!
LOIS: Wait? No, no, no, no... He proposes and we're on the first plane to Vegas.

Maybe she will be much more ready with another man? Like creepy a FBI agent or a creepy psychiatrist or the creepy son of a criminal billionaire?
Gee. That would be a shame if that happened wouldn't it? You forgot that Brazilian priest, too.

Awwwww! She friendzoned him and wants him to be her gentleman of honor /clap/
He might have deserved that slap in the face, though.

At least until they can make up in an…agitated fashion in some private location like the storage cabinet or the copier room?
CLARK: But neither of those places have a bed.
LOIS: Neither did the pantry at the Metro Club, but didn't seem to bother you.

Originally Posted by ER
“I don’t kiss my friends like that,” Clark said.
CAT: /very disappointed by that development./
Except that she's happily married.
CAT: What? Both Clark Kent and Superman are on my short list of men I can sleep with without it being considered cheating.
PHIL: And your mother is on mine.
CAT: /snatches up lists and tears them apart/ Happy now?
PHIL: Yes.

CAT: Hey! I’m not ordinary!
CLARK: Um... Cat, when did you developed super hearing?
PHIL: I thought you said that the baby was mine!

Originally Posted by ER
“Do you want me to admit that I still want to ravish your body? Because I do,” she added with an extra sultry tone to her voice.
ER: /passes out from the shock of Lois's plans/
So, Lois shouldn't try to seduce Clark? Gee, that would be too bad, because then I'd have to... well, never mind. I'll just slip those pages... chapters... into the deleted scenes file and start anew. /sigh/

I…think Lois would disagree with that statement.
So would Rachel and Lana.
LANA: I wish I could've died instead of lived as the ex-girlfriend, ex-fiancee of Superman.

Oh dear. Did she…? Should he mention that he doesn’t have his strength while he’s under the influence?
CLARK: Or stamina.
LOIS: /thud/
I believe I covered most of those points here.

This time it was Lois’s turn to blush and glance away. “We made love when I visited you in the hospital during Nightfall.”
ER: /believes that it's such a shame that Lois didn't get pregnant that night./
CLARK: You mean I really AM sterile? Terrific. /grumbles/

He got her there, didn’t he?
That he did.
LOIS: I only said that I wouldn’t lie about having sex with him. Not about not having sex with him. See? Totally different things.
CLARK: huh

That pregnancy sure would come in handy right about now, now wouldn’t it?
Wouldn't it be better if Lois gets pregnant at a time she wasn't engaged to a multimillionaire? Then there would always be people wondering if that's why Lex proposed and doubt the paternity of the child. I could see Lex fighting Lois for parental rights. Not a good scenario to get into.
LEX: Well, if I couldn't clone Superman, raising his son (or daughter) as my own, would be just as close to the same thing, wouldn't it be?
EW: Okay, this train of thought is scaring me.

Does sound like a petulant girl, doesn’t she?
CLARK: I knew I should have brought her chocolates as well.

Is it time for WHALTTA? But shouldn’t there be an entire season in between then…and now?
So, he's only allowed to use that line when she's officially turned down his first proposal? Oh, look. He did that last April.

Once a liar, always a liar.
So, Lois and Clark are perfect for one another, then?

Maybe if she came into his apartment late at night, dropped her raincoat and ravished him in his bed?
Only if she was wearing her Kryptonite pendant.

Oh, look. She’s going all Obi Wan on his now.
From a certain POV. Yes, I guess she is. evil

CLARK: Is that when she’s telling me that she’s actually my sister?
lol

But he wasn’t quite up to it?
Then it doesn't quite count as making love.

CAT: Nor did we make love. /rolls eyes/

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
*** The Continuation of my response to Michael's FDK ***

CLARK: No! No, I wouldn’t have.
LOIS: Uh-huh.
CLARK: /tries to charm Lois with his good looks and dashing smile/
LOIS: /So, I could've had sex with Luthor and you wouldn't have minded?/
CLARK: /Uh, how did she come up with that just from my smile?/
LOIS: You would have tried to stop me either way! /mad/
CLARK: Yes, Lois lady pretty woman. She shouldn't be carnal with any man.

He does realize that there’s clones available, right?
Lex only had one viable clone at a time and the last one dove off the penthouse balcony. Plus, Lex was so satisfied with Lex-C that he killed off Dr. Leak, because he was no longer necessary to Lex's plans.

Originally Posted by ER
“It was more than sex to me.”
ER: /Poor Girl. There, there. Should I take you out for ice cream? I hear rocky-road is good./
smile

So…’hot nurse’ fantasy can now be crossed off his bucket list? Since he already got ‘girl scout’ and ‘cheerleader’?
CLARK: I most definitely do not have such a list. Anyway, the only thing I have written on it is "journalist".
LINDA: wave

ER: /Can't believe that Clark is being overly cautious with Lois's safety/ Is he daft?
CLARK: What? She could still be lying.
EW: Who? Me? Nah. I don't believe in fishes. Red herring anyone?

He’s quite steeled himself for it. Then again, his bravado is gone now.
CLARK: Sorry, Lois, Kryptonians only mate in the Spring... uh... late Spring to be clear.
LOIS: Uh-huh. And you call ME a liar.

Maybe he’s a little ready?
CLARK: Hey!
CLARK: That was *my thigh*. Thank you very much!

Yes. I think he probably needs some time on a couch with Ari.
CLARK: So not going there.

Oh look!
CLARK: Once a liar. Always a liar. And I won’t entrust her life to Lois’s ability to tell the truth.
He doesn't want to rush into anything until come to the conclusion on who best to believe.

‘played naughty nurse’? Plus, I reiterate the pregnancy conundrum.
Actually, Lois wasn't dressed as a nurse. She came in through the window.

…it would have been so awkward if she had contracted some deadly hospital bug while visiting him.
CLARK: So, totally awkward. Do you know how much time and effort I put into this universe and then to have to go start over again. Forget it! I'd rather be a celibate hermit.

So, maybe she didn’t make love with Clark/Superman/Kal-El because a part of him was missing. Two parts, actually. This way, the curse didn’t get activated.
CLARK: That's my theory and I'm sticking with it.
LOIS: Who are you calling an 'it'?

LOIS: So "do" already.

The ice Maiden and the guy who doesn’t want to have sex because he associates it with his former fiancée?
LOIS: Was I just insulted? /thinks it over/ *TWICE*?
Yes. Twice!

Am not sure about that extra print, there. Might be. Might not be.
huh Don't know myself. But you seem better at all this grammar stuff than me.

That’s her horny-face.
Yep.

CLARK: Wow…she looks just like Cat did when we went on that investigation of the male strippers con ring.
CLARK: Sorry, did I drool?

She sounds just about ready, now.
I'm sorry, can you trust anything that Lois says.

It had helped in the past. Plus, it would be a great reason for her to bend the truth.
Fine. Lie outright.
clap

They should go to the Nutmeg Room evil
Sorry, what is a Nutmeg Room? A quick google search didn't come of with anything definitive.

Oh, that could come in handy. Him on the ground. Her ready to pounce.
LOIS: In his wildest dreams!
CLARK: Phew.
LOIS: You're not supposed to be relieved by that!

Wouldn’t that have been awkward to come out now?
It wasn't awkward?

Originally Posted by ER
cold leaf-strewn ground
Ooooh! Maybe a bit of punctuation here?
Do you mean a comma after "cold"? Sure. I guess. As a recovering comma slut, I'm not sure if it should be there or not, but the more the merrier, right?

Originally Posted by ER
“Yes, a compliment. I’ve been known to give them out from time to time.”
ER: /she has? When?/
LOIS: /What do you mean, I haven't!/ Ribbit?
LOIS: Excuse me, I have a bit of frog stuck in my throat.
CLARK: shock What did they do to you on the Space Station?

Hah! That’s how he could keep her alive. Pick a fight *and* insult her.
CLARK: Seems to work for me.

LOIS: He’d prevent sex from happening. I would still go and investigate. Not that I’m not safe while I’m investigating.
CLARK: So, you're saying that I should satisfy her to the point of exhaustion and then I wouldn't have to worry about rescuing her as much? Hmmmm. Tough decision.

Hey! The Author is hoping for those! Right? *Right*?
Heckles? Um... I would understand them, being that my main characters can be quite frustrating.

Oooh! She’s going to be playing the good girl. That should be exciting for Superman.
LOIS: Oh, Superman, help me. I'm a French maid and my underwear seems to have disappeared. Please help me, Superman.
CLARK: help

Flattery will get him everywhere.
Yep.

Originally Posted by ER
“What if I said, ‘I love your butt’?” he asked, snaking his hands down to her bottom and giving her a squeeze.
ER: /Can't believe he went there./
CLARK: So, I shouldn't be allowed to touch Lois above her clothing either?

About 15 minutes?
LOIS: Only 15 minutes? Well, that's better than 5, I guess.
CLARK: /humiliation galore/ I took less than 5 minutes?
LOIS: No, that was Claude.

Originally Posted by ER
“I made a vow that I’d be abstinent until marriage,” he confessed softly.
Oh boy.
LOIS: He can fly. And Las Vegas doesn’t have a waiting period.
But Clark didn't propose.
LOIS: grumble

Originally Posted by ER
Originally Posted by EW
So, now the truth is out... or is it? Who should Clark believe? Lois or Wells?
I think he’s already married so it doesn’t matter anyway.
CLARK: Not-uh. Lana dumped me. I can guarantee you that I've never been married before.
ZARA: wave
Actually, this story will be tied up before that point in canon.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

Thank you for continuing FDK. You brighten my day. Thank you.
smile1

Originally the chapter title was "One Last Talk" but then I realized, they're still talking after this scene.
laugh
LOIS: Barely.

LOIS: She’s prevented me from enjoying the Kryptonian fruit for hundreds of parts now, so what do you think?
EW: Why, look at the time. I really should be... /is confident that hiding will save her from Lois’s wrath/
laugh

The proposal. Also, she figured out the SM thing all on her own.
LOIS: Technically, his lips helped.
clap

Wow. That sounds depressing.
[Linked Image]

Then, again, who knows what the reading assignments might be at Krypton High.
Krypton Sutra? Fifty Shades of Green?

LOIS: Yes, Clark, if you had brought me chocolate bar, then we'd have to discuss ways for me to work off those calories.
Naughty!

LOIS: *6* hours and all I get is cuddling?
CLARK: I or you, depending on the location, would probably have to stay the night.
LOIS: Okay, then.
laugh

LEX: He saw a rich female he liked and he just took her. He figured after he de-flowered the girl (of 16), her parents or guardians would insist that they be married. Smart man! I should have done that with Lois.
Yes, but he wouldn’t have been physically able to consummate their wedding night, though.

Lex does know that he'll die a slow and painful death if he touches one hair on Lucy's head.
LEX: Syphilis?

LOIS: What does Michael mean by "another"?!
The first one was metaphorical?

LOIS: Wait? No, no, no, no... He proposes and we're on the first plane to Vegas.
CLARK: Vegas? I thought those where just make believe. You know, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas and all that…

Gee. That would be a shame if that happened wouldn't it? You forgot that Brazilian priest, too.
Nope, considered him and decided nope, he decided to join a monastary, apparently.

CAT: What? Both Clark Kent and Superman are on my short list of men I can sleep with without it being considered cheating.
PHIL: And your mother is on mine.
CAT: /snatches up lists and tears them apart/ Happy now?
PHIL: Yes.
rotflol

CLARK: Um... Cat, when did you developed super hearing?
PHIL: I thought you said that the baby was mine!
Oops?

So, Lois shouldn't try to seduce Clark? Gee, that would be too bad, because then I'd have to... well, never mind. I'll just slip those pages... chapters... into the deleted scenes file and start anew. /sigh/
shock help

CLARK: You mean I really AM sterile? Terrific. /grumbles/
On the plus side, there won’t be any credible claims that Superman fathered children.

CLARK: /has trouble understanding Lois/
LOIS: Let’s see…Lois/Kryptonian dictionary…would I find that under L or K…?

Then there would always be people wondering if that's why Lex proposed and doubt the paternity of the child.
Not if the child flies.
MET STAR: Superman revealed — Lex Luthor is the Man of Steel!

raising his son (or daughter) as my own, would be just as close to the same thing, wouldn't it be?
Plus, he could marry the daughter.

EW: Okay, this train of thought is scaring me.
evil

So, he's only allowed to use that line when she's officially turned down his first proposal? Oh, look. He did that last April.
Sneaky!

ER: Once a liar, always a liar.
EW: So, Lois and Clark are perfect for one another, then?
Hmm…I’m sensing a trick question…

ER: Maybe if she came into his apartment late at night, dropped her raincoat and ravished him in his bed?
EW: Only if she was wearing her Kryptonite pendant.
Because he’d be able to escape otherwise, letting a naked Lois standing in his bedroom, all embarrassed and alone? Would that be a wise idea?

CAT: Nor did we make love. /rolls eyes/
clap

CLARK: Yes, Lois lady pretty woman. She shouldn't be carnal with any man.
Why am I sensing that he includes himself in that statement?

CLARK: I most definitely do not have such a list. Anyway, the only thing I have written on it is "journalist".
LINDA: /always happy to help/
LOIS: …and they haven’t been able to find Superman’s body since.

CLARK: That was *my thigh*. Thank you very much!
/hands over gfic/yonder dictionary/

Actually, Lois wasn't dressed as a nurse. She came in through the window.
So, he’s done ‘Cat Burglar’ but still gets to do ‘Naughty Nurse’ when he catches the Kryptonite fever and Sam heals him, then waits in the next room while Lois takes care of Clark?

CLARK: That's my theory and I'm sticking with it.
LOIS: Who are you calling an 'it'?
Sensitive topic?

LOIS: So "do" already.
CLARK: Or ‘do not’. It’s a valid option.

But you seem better at all this grammar stuff than me.
blush And sometimes it’s wallbash and an hour or two of research on the Internet.

I'm sorry, can you trust anything that Lois says.
When it comes to her subconscious, yeah.

Sorry, what is a Nutmeg Room? A quick google search didn't come of with anything definitive.
It’s over in the yonder archives.

ER: Oh, that could come in handy. Him on the ground. Her ready to pounce.
LOIS: In his wildest dreams!
CLARK: Phew.
LOIS: You're not supposed to be relieved by that!
She is quite mercurial.

ER: Wouldn’t that have been awkward to come out now?
EW: It wasn't awkward?
What makes this funny?

Do you mean a comma after "cold"? Sure. I guess. As a recovering comma slut, I'm not sure if it should be there or not, but the more the merrier, right?
Yeah, it really comes down to whether cold and leaf-strewn both modify ground or cold modifies the leaf-strewn ground. It really is one of those wallbash situations.

CLARK: /worries he just got stuck in a clone argh / What did they do to you on the Space Station?
laugh

CLARK: So, you're saying that I should satisfy her to the point of exhaustion and then I wouldn't have to worry about rescuing her as much? Hmmmm. Tough decision.
[Linked Image]

LOIS: Oh, Superman, help me. I'm a French maid and my underwear seems to have disappeared. Please help me, Superman.
CLARK: /will now be able to cross ‘French Maid’ off his bucket list/
evil

CLARK: So, I shouldn't be allowed to touch Lois above her clothing either?
[Linked Image] Curses are transmitted by touch.

But Clark didn't propose.
LOIS: /not happy about the fine print/
laugh

Actually, this story will be tied up before that point in canon.
Yes, but if she showed up earlier? I mean, there’s stories where she showed up during Lois’s *first* wedding.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard