Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#263456 05/22/15 11:38 PM
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Does anyone use those sites where you do surveys or other tasks and earn points that can later be redeemed for gift cards?

As I'm off school for the Summer and can't work due to some health issues, I've joined a few different ones. My sister was talking about how she got these gift cards, so I decided to give it a try.

I don't know what the policy is on posting the names of the sites or referral links, so I'll hold off, but I'm interested to see if anyone has made any decent amounts of money doing these types of things? Is it more of a pocket change type of deal? How much time do you dedicate to earning your points?

I know the one site I joined you need to earn 2500 points to redeem for a $25 gift card, but they are to decent places, like Amazon.

.talk nerdy to me.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I know Ebates is hugely popular, but I've never actually used them. I know several people who swear by them though.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I use ebates, fatwallet, and Swagbucks. The first two are sites where you earn money when you buy from select stores by going to them first and clicking on the sites. The lattermost awards you points for watching videos, taking surveys, etc. They also award money for referrals. I've never referred anyone before since I don't feel comfortable acting as a salesperson, but since you asked, I thought I'd mention it. If you do decide to tryout Swagbucks, would you mind signing up via a link I could give you? That way, we would both win. (I'm not posting the link here since I'm not sure what the MB policy would be on this.)

You don't make a whole lot of money with Swagbucks, but the nice thing is that one can do a little here, a little there as time permits.

Joy,
Lynn

p.s., There are also irazoo and zoombucks, but they seem to take more effort than Swagbucks to earn money.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I've noticed a cute cake next to your username... Happy birthday! Hope your health gets better soon smile

Go I Know Not Whither and Fetch I Know Not What
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram
I know Ebates is hugely popular, but I've never actually used them. I know several people who swear by them though.

I've heard the name, and I'm pretty sure there are commercials for this site, but I've never actually looked it up either. I may have to take a look.

Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
I use ebates, fatwallet, and Swagbucks. The first two are sites where you earn money when you buy from select stores by going to them first and clicking on the sites. The lattermost awards you points for watching videos, taking surveys, etc. They also award money for referrals. I've never referred anyone before since I don't feel comfortable acting as a salesperson, but since you asked, I thought I'd mention it. If you do decide to tryout Swagbucks, would you mind signing up via a link I could give you? That way, we would both win. (I'm not posting the link here since I'm not sure what the MB policy would be on this.)

You don't make a whole lot of money with Swagbucks, but the nice thing is that one can do a little here, a little there as time permits.

Joy,
Lynn

p.s., There are also irazoo and zoombucks, but they seem to take more effort than Swagbucks to earn money.

Thanks for the info on ebates! I don't think I'd spend enough though. frown

I do used swagbucks. Sorry! I signed up under my mum about a month ago. I actually just redeemed my first gift card after posting my original question, and it came this morning as an e-gift card. I was impressed not to have to wait for it to arrive by snail mail! I also joined TellWut and i-say.

i-say, I joined because I want to earn points and redeem them for air miles, so I can use THOSE when I go tour Salford University in England next year. The only problem is that i-say is ALL surveys, and sometimes you spend ten minutes answering qualification questions, get disqualified, and no points.

TellWut is pretty easy to rack up points. You answer little surveys with 1-5ish questions each worth 5 or 10 points depending on the number of questions. It's rapid fire quizzes basically that you answer and press next to go to another one. The downfall is that it gets SUPER boring and also that you need somewhere like 10,000 points for a $5 prize.

SwagBucks is by far my favourite because I can do it on my mobile devices. There are 6 video apps for android and I think 4 for iOS (apple). I earn 118 swagbucks per day on the video apps alone (usually between 5 - 9 videos are watched and you get 2sb/round of videos to a limit of 10, 18, or 36 depending on the app). Then also run the videos on the laptop to rack up some more. I occasionally do a survey or two, but often get disqualified, but they also have the games, which I like, as well as points if you download an app or try a software, and there was a competition recently, which motivated you to earn more. (message me if you want some pointers to earn more, I'm actually doing pretty decently now. I got 371sb yesterday alone blush ) The only downfall is that you have to have 2500sb to get a $25 gift card. I figure if I get 200 - 250sb a day, I have enough points to get a $25 gift card every 10 or so days. Not much, and it's definitely not an income.

I also am unsure about the policy for posting referral links/using them in your signature. Some sites don't mind, others do, but maybe it would be less in your face/annoying is there was a dedicated thread for people to post their referral links, so if someone WANTS to join a survey site, they can pop in and just join under a referral link, mention who they joined under and post their own, for the next person to join under. (I'm sure that made more sense in my head!)

Originally Posted by HiddenMoon
I've noticed a cute cake next to your username... Happy birthday! Hope your health gets better soon smile

Thanks! I'm the great big 2-7 today laugh

.talk nerdy to me.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hi Mrs. Luthor,

Thanks for the info on the other sites. I think I'll stick with the ones I have. (I usually do the videos myself, partly because some of the surveys ask questions I don't wish to answer, and partly because of the frustration of being disqualified after having spent a lot of time answering questions.)

A belated happy birthday. And you also have my well-wishes.

Joy,
Lynn

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard