#263458 05/22/15 11:48 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yes, canon timelines mean nothing to me. Nothing! Mwhahahaha! devil

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Kerth
Kerth
It's too bad that Lois tries to dump Clark as her partner. It's a rash decision born out of her reaction to learning his secret, but it's still sad. frown I'm glad that Perry talked her out of it. If Lois ultimately concludes that she still wants Clark in her and the baby's lives, then she should see that they belong together at both work and home. Clark just needs to stay the course - continue to be supportive and give Lois time to process her emotions, trusting in his heart that she'll eventually forgive him so that they can move forward together.

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by groobie
It's too bad that Lois tries to dump Clark as her partner. It's a rash decision born out of her reaction to learning his secret, but it's still sad. frown I'm glad that Perry talked her out of it. If Lois ultimately concludes that she still wants Clark in her and the baby's lives, then she should see that they belong together at both work and home. Clark just needs to stay the course - continue to be supportive and give Lois time to process her emotions, trusting in his heart that she'll eventually forgive him so that they can move forward together.

Yeah, I tried to channel canon a little with Lois asking Perry to give her a new partner. She DOES still love Clark, she's just so confused and angry (at him and herself). Good thing Clark is a patient man. wink

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Ok, I've restrained myself until now, but I have to say it: Clark, dear guy, raise up! Because in case you haven't noticed, at the present moment you are lying on the floor, like... A doormat, you know? One thing is being a loving boyfriend, a gentleman... But making puppy eyes and wagging the tail while your girlfriend is treating you like *organic human waste* is a bit too much, in my opinion!

Sorry for the rant, I know I should sympathize more with Lois (who's having a not-so-nice time either), but I can't help thinking that she's overreacting to Clark not telling her about his secret identity, especially considering all the wonderful support he's giving her.

Go I Know Not Whither and Fetch I Know Not What
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by HiddenMoon
Ok, I've restrained myself until now, but I have to say it: Clark, dear guy, raise up! Because in case you haven't noticed, at the present moment you are lying on the floor, like... A doormat, you know? One thing is being a loving boyfriend, a gentleman... But making puppy eyes and wagging the tail while your girlfriend is treating you like *organic human waste* is a bit too much, in my opinion!

Sorry for the rant, I know I should sympathize more with Lois (who's having a not-so-nice time either), but I can't help thinking that she's overreacting to Clark not telling her about his secret identity, especially considering all the wonderful support he's giving her.

I don't think she's over-reacting at all. Even in canon, she asks for a different partner after the secret comes out. And this Lois has so much more to work through - she's pregnant, has decided to keep the baby, has just found out that her boyfriend has been lying to her for a long time, and knows now that it is almost impossible for the baby she's carrying to be his. Throw in pregnancy hormones and let's be glad she didn't go off to find a piece of Kryptonite. laugh

As for Clark - he's just trying to weather the storm and not cause further damage. Plus, he knows that it's his own fault for not coming clean sooner, and how much Lois is trying to work through.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
To me, I get the feeling that Clark is feeling very vulnerable.

I mean, obviously he didn't handle telling Lois about his secret in the best way, but he was going to tell her. The procrastinating was so much for Lois, but also, so much for the unknown. He was scared he would loose her. He didn't know how to tell the person that means the most to him that he had been lying to her. And now, for the secret to come out the way that it did--Lois figuring it out on her own, the way that Clark didn't want her to find out--I think Clark is really trying to get his feet out from under him.

It's scary to be vulnerable with your heart--let alone when you know that person is The One. Add to that his secret. Add to that fears of being different, never fitting in. I've gotten the impression from this part that Clark is really just trying to figure things out...stay with the woman he loves, be a father to the baby, make everything 'right'.

I really hated Lois asking Perry for a new partner--but I can see it being a quick, knee-jerk reaction from her. And part of me wondered if maybe going into Perry's office was almost more so to talk? He's like a father to her--maybe she needed guidance (even though she'd have to be pretty vague wink )?

Lois has had some pretty big blows. Finding out that the person you love--your best friend--has been hiding from you. Lying to you. Giving Clark her trust and then sorta having it blow up in her face with his Secret. That would be hard to deal with--especially for someone that has trust issues, especially when you are realizing how MUCH you need to depend on this person (because of the pregnancy). And the biggy: finding out that Lex is probably the father. That is huge news. Even though it was a possibility before, it was a possibility. Now it's the probability. That alone is a LOT to take in.

They both need time--time to figure this all out...

Love the story, DC. Great job smile
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 05/25/15 10:59 AM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by LMA
To me, I get the feeling that Clark is feeling very vulnerable.

I mean, obviously he didn't handle telling Lois about his secret in the best way, but he was going to tell her. The procrastinating was so much for Lois, but also, so much for the unknown. He was scared he would loose her. He didn't know how to tell the person that means the most to him that he had been lying to her. And now, for the secret to come out the way that it did--Lois figuring it out on her own, the way that Clark didn't want her to find out--I think Clark is really trying to get his feet out from under him.

It's scary to be vulnerable with your heart--let alone when you know that person is The One. Add to that his secret. Add to that fears of being different, never fitting in. I've gotten the impression from this part that Clark is really just trying to figure things out...stay with the woman he loves, be a father to the baby, make everything 'right'.

I really hated Lois asking Perry for a new partner--but I can see it being a quick, knee-jerk reaction from her. And part of me wondered if maybe going into Perry's office was almost more so to talk? He's like a father to her--maybe she needed guidance (even though she'd have to be pretty vague wink )?

Lois has had some pretty big blows. Finding out that the person you love--your best friend--has been hiding from you. Lying to you. Giving Clark her trust and then sorta having it blow up in her face with his Secret. That would be hard to deal with--especially for someone that has trust issues, especially when you are realizing how MUCH you need to depend on this person (because of the pregnancy). And the biggy: finding out that Lex is probably the father. That is huge news. Even though it was a possibility before, it was a possibility. Now it's the probability. That alone is a LOT to take in.

They both need time--time to figure this all out...

Love the story, DC. Great job smile
Laura

Exactly. It's the most vulnerable he's ever felt, as it is in any story where his secret is revealed. The fact that it's LOIS who knows is comforting (moreso than say, Luthor) but it's also far more terrifying, because if she chooses to leave him, his world shatters.

He's scared to do or say anything to further anger Lois, even though he knows that she has a right to be mad at him for lying to her.

I've always gotten the impression from canon that Lois asking for a new partner is both a knee-jerk reaction and her seeking some comfort from Perry - a man who is more of a father to her at that time than her actual father. Even if she can't spill the details, she craves the "it's okay, you'll get through it" that he can give her.

Glad you are enjoying the story!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard