Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#194826 07/25/13 04:04 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Getting back to some more recommendations, on the comedic side there is Super... Who? by Wendy Richards and Tank Wilson. Remember the scene where Lois is being flown into the newsroom? I love this bit from the fic, based on that scene:

This amazing flying man was someone she knew. Someone she worked with. And she was pretty sure that she knew who he was.

Okay. Check newsroom. Who was present and who wasn't?

Perry was sticking his head out of his office - not that Spandex Guy was Perry, anyway. Ralph was staring goggle-eyed in her direction. Eduardo was leaning against a desk, looking cynical. That new researcher was doing his best to look bored and
failing.

And at the front of the crowd, easing his way past the gawping women, was the next name on her mental list. She crossed him off, then gave him an irritated look. She'd thought he was attracted to *her* - not that she wanted him anyway. But here was Clark Kent staring at Mr Incredible Spandex Guy with a look she could only describe as awe!

Not that Kent mattered right now. One final name to check off. As she'd expected, he wasn't there. And now she knew the truth.

The incredible flying guy in lurid Spandex was Jimmy Olsen.
You'll just have to read the story to find out more! smile

Bobbart has a hilarious little vignette in Lois Lane Meets Superman . As Bob says, "Lois Lane has managed to sneak aboard the EPRAD colonization module and is waiting for launch. On the surface everything looks like the story we know so well. But appearances can be deceiving." Don't miss this short-but-good gem!

Continuing the hilarity are Pam Jernigan, Wendy Richards, and Sara Kraft in their collaboration, Like A Red Rock To A Superman . Red K and Clark don't mix well, and that's all I'll say about that. laugh

I forget if I already recommended this one but it's well worth redundant recommendations. Plus, although it's dramatic and romantic and action-filled, it also has a lot of humor. It's CC Aiken's In A Better Place , which tells us what might have happened if, during the interview at EPRAD right after Superman makes his first appearance, Tempus had come and whisked Lois and Clark off somewhere. Where? Well, you'll have to read the fic to find out. Bonus: As the author says, "Plus, there are donuts."

What if Lois has married someone else? Like Claude? If this frightens you, then don't read Tank Wilson and Wendy Richards' Missed Opportunity, or Too Late to Love .

And what about this situation in Wendy and Tank's Soul...Mates? : "Clark Kent arrives at the Daily Planet fresh off a visit to an alternate universe, and therefore armed with the knowledge that Lois Lane is his soul mate. Imagine his surprise when he is finally introduced to his new partner ... Lucas Lane."

There's a twist ending in HappyGirl's and Female Hawk's The Hottest Team in Town . Lois Lane is married!!! To... wait for it.... to JIMMY OLSEN? shock

#194827 09/11/13 01:06 PM
L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
I've told this story before in another thread, but I think it's worth a second mention here. Over the summer, I spent a couple of days in Metropolis, IL and met Tracy Scoggins during the Superman Celebration. While she was signing a photo for me, I told her that I was a big fan of Cat Grant and that I thought it was funny how she was always able to get under Lois' skin. She then asked me if I remembered when Cat hit Lois in the face with her coat, which most of you will probably remember happened in the "Pilot." I told her that I remembered the scene. Tracy then said that Cat hitting Lois with her coat wasn't in the script. She'd adlibbed it, and according to her, Teri was fuming afterwards.

I've included a couple of screencaps of the scene I'm talking about.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

#194828 09/12/13 02:49 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I don't know if Lex ever tried to romance Lois in the comic canon
A bunch of comics trivia... In the comics Lex was too old to romance Lois (he and Perry were around the same age and Lex was the natural father of Jerry White). But after Lex had cancer in 1993 he feign his death and went through a rejuvenation process, coming back as Lex Luthor Junior, supposed son of Lex Luthor and Dr. Gretchen Kelley raised in Australia (Leslie Luckabee, anyone?). During this time, he made a pass at Lois and she rejected him.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
#194829 09/12/13 05:12 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
And here I thought Clark's ponytail was bad. eek What was wrong with hair in the comics that year? Lex looks like a lion. hyper yea! Lois! dance

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
This idea was brought up on my FDK thread for Wrong Clark, but why exactly is Lois so desperate to show up at Lex's Orchid Ball with a date? If it was so important for her to have a date, why did she then ditch him shortly thereafter to stalk Lex Luthor? Jimmy, Perry, and Cat all seemed to be there without dates (although, I'm sure Cat was planning on leaving with one). If it's a business function (or for a story), why does she need a date? Any theories?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Dating is something she is bad at. So showing up without one is an admission of failure.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard