Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Top Banana
Top Banana
I just recently re-watched this episode, so I'm enjoying seeing the way you change things and yet keep the story pretty much the same (and I must say that I like George much better than Lex).

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hey! No fair! What happened to the Roaring Twenties segment?

She choked out, "Like I said, this system was replaced. I still use it occasionally and the last time I did, I changed my password to Superman, so that is my access code, you idiot, and if you ever tell that to Lane, I'll kill you with my bare hands. I was going to be changing it, but I hadn't gotten around to it yet."

This entire sequence was a hoot! rotflol Poor Cat, completely in love with the Man of Steel! Lois wasn't the only one to use his name as a password. Forget about Lois finding out, don't let George know!

Cat was somewhat out of her element on this one. She wished she had kept her mouth shut and let Lois be the one doing this. She had years of experience looking at blueprints. That wasn't a main necessity in the gossip business.

If she found the building fascinating, blueprints would have piqued her interest. The last thing Cat would do is concede to Lois.

Cat briefly considered trying to send an e-mail to get help, but she didn't have access to her address list from Perry's computer and who would she send the note to anyway? Lois was the one with all of the contacts at MPD. Besides, trying something like that was more up Lois's alley not Cat's. Cat's life as a gossip columnist was a safe one, unless you counted the occasional enraged male actor that she got the goods on and printed that he was having an affair. Her best course of action was to not try anything, be a good girl and just wait to be sent back to the conference room with the rest.

Seriously? In HIM Cat had a file full of names Metropolis movers and shakers. She couldn't remember the e-mail of one of them?

George was slowly recovering. Clark heard him groan as he tried to straighten up. Clark grabbed a glass and poured him some water. Kneeling down next to him he helped George to a sitting position and offered the water. "Here, drink this. You lost a lot of volume. You need to replace the fluids."

I am with AnnieB on this one, George is a better character than Lex. Of course, I could be biased. thumbsup

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Annie,

Thanks for the FDK!

Originally Posted by Annie B.
I just recently re-watched this episode, so I'm enjoying seeing the way you change things and yet keep the story pretty much the same (and I must say that I like George much better than Lex).

Yes, as advertised, I have tried to keep this series as close as I could to canon, however, from this point on things are going to go off the rails.

Hang onto your hat.

Last edited by KenJ; 05/21/15 06:19 PM.

kj
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by KenJ
Yes, as advertised, I have tried to keep this series as close as I could to canon, however, from this point on things are going to go off the rails.

Hang onto your hat.

Well considering the next two episodes I would think that MUCH will have to change. This one is interesting but I really can't wait until the next two to see what you do with them.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the FDK!

Originally Posted by Mike M
Originally Posted by KenJ

Hang onto your hat.

Well considering the next two episodes I would think that MUCH will have to change. This one is interesting but I really can't wait until the next two to see what you do with them.

Mike

Why wait until the next two episodes?

kj
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Morgana,

Thanks for the FDK!

We get back to the Roaring '20s in the next post.

Cat has been 'secretly' infatuated with him all along, the same way as Lois, she just kept it quiet.

Cat has the movers and shakers, what she doesn't have is people like Henderson!

Smart move on my part - borrowing your character. Blame Cat - she's the one that introduced George in the ep.

kj

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard