Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
groobie Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
TOC

Many thanks to VirginiaR for letting me play in her universe and for her support of this story. sloppy

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I bury my face in my hands. “Sure, with a razor and a buzz cut.” And the loss of my last remaining shreds of dignity, I mentally add.

A buzz cut? shock

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Susan! What a place to leave us hanging! thud wildguy help.

I loved Virginia's original story, I loved your n-fic continuation, and I'm really excited to read the rest of this version (soon though, I hope grovel ).

Hmmm--I guess there's always a trip into the n-fic folder...find your original attempt...read that till you post again? Kidding grin. (Maybe.)

Seriously though, this story is really great. Better than great. I remember FDKing previously how I was impressed by the wording. The style is amazing. How you use certain words, play with them, give them extra meaning. It's so creative...mutliple times just now, I'd read a sentence or paragraph, think 'oh-wow...' and have to reread totally just for how you put a certain sentence or sentences together. It has a very enjoyable effect.

Because he’s not just my partner anymore. I think he’s my partner – a more fully realized version of the word. And it happened when I kissed him ten minutes ago, or he kissed me, or we kissed each other – the memory flows together as if it’s been an infinite embrace without beginning, middle, or end. But it was both an end and a beginning, and yet really just the continuation of our partnership, the undercurrent of our partnership. The part of our partnership that was the foundation of our partnership. How could I have failed to realize that “Lane and Kent” worked because of Lois and Clark? That part of me merged with him the first time I edited his copy?

LOVE this paragraph. Immensely. The twists and turns are so much like how someone thinks. It's very real. It so much shows someone discovering love. Realizing what they have in front of them.

And one of the best lines, IMO, to sum up the magic of their relationship: 'How could I have failed to realize that "Lane and Kent" worked because of Lois and Clark?'. Perfection smile.

I can’t pinpoint when that irritation had ceased to be an annoyance and had morphed into a curiosity. Probably when I realized that even when he’s gone, he’s still there. That his presence fills my world, even when he’s not present. That he’s in my heart and my soul – he always has been and he always will. When I kiss him and find my missing piece, I can’t take it back because its space is filled with the part of Clark that I’ve stolen from him.

And I know I stole it. He didn’t give it away – I took it along with his breath the first day we met. I doubt he knows that I saw the look that shocked his face when he first laid eyes on me because I made sure he knew I wasn’t interested in it. But I had lifted the hack from Nowheresville’s heart like a pickpocket – easily and confidently.

I catch a glimpse of myself in a mirror and grimace at my lack of confidence. That I could convince myself he preferred blondes, or strangers on the street, or lawyers in a courtroom. Because I know that he prefers me. I know that he always has. I know that he always will. But it’s easier to deny that knowledge – push it away forcefully with drama and tests. Push him away before he pulls.

I love the honesty that Lois has with herself here. And done in first person, with such feeling, it has a ton of intensity. It works very well.

The awareness of Clark--how he consumes her world. How Lois is completely aware of the effect she had on Clark at the beginning grin. And also, that deep down, Lois knows how very much Clark loves her.

Cocky smiles, cheeky remarks – constantly directed at me but carefully hidden from everyone else.

And it makes me feel special, worthy of being teased and taunted, mocked and rebuked. That for me, he lowers his shield and reveals the less polite, less deferent, less perfect man he really is. He’s done it since we became partners, and now that we’re more fully realized partners, maybe he’ll do it more. Maybe he’ll be worthy of me by matching me flaw for flaw.

And this part. Showing that bit of yourself you never show anyone else. Lois knowing that he's only that way with her. Letting down barriers.

There is something amazingly romantic and exciting about being completely yourself with someone. And the biggie--knowing they are being that way only with you notworthy.

Really excited to enjoy this story again, in another format. Completely loving it...
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 05/27/15 02:17 AM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Top Banana
Top Banana
Totally agree with Laura. I loved the nFic version (and it was not too nFic) and am loving revisiting it in this version. I recommended it to some others but some just don't want to deal with the nFic side of the boards so I am very glad you made this version for the folks who missed it when you first wrote it.

Believe me folks, it is worth the read.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

groobie Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Thanks! smile This has been sitting on my hard drive as "The Anti-K Edit" because she's not on the other side of the boards and I wanted to show her an example of my writing. The original was barely nfic, so I only had to edit it down a bit. When I saw the recent thread from Labrat about tagging series for the archives, I thought I'd post this version so that people could read it if they were interested. smile

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I have to agree with everyone else here. Still hot, groobie. Will Lois end up the night with blonde hair and messier sheets or brunette hair and great fodder for her dreams? Either way, it's a win-win for the rest of us. hyper

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard