Print Thread
#263402 05/20/15 01:30 AM
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Feedback folder for A Matter of Time.

I was reluctant to post this... I'm just not sure if I like it.

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I liked this. An in-depth look into how Clark is feeling at this very scary time.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Since becoming Superman- a slightly self-serving name bestowed on me by Lois Lane, the woman of my dreams- life has been wonderful. Hectic, but wonderful.

That pretty much sums up this vignette. It is an intimate look inside Clark's heart and mind. Thank you!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I really enjoyed this piece clap clap clap.

This is such an important time in Clark's life--settling in to working at the Daily Planet, (sorta wink ) starting to become friends with Lois, adjusting to being a second person--aka 'Superman, and then to top it all off: finding out a bit about his heritage.

Really, when you think about it, it's a lot of stuff going on for him. I like your exploration of it all smile. Great job!
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Features Writer
Features Writer
I don't know about everyone else, but I tend to skip over this discovery of Clark's just because I already knew it -- but this story really made me pause and realize anew just what it would mean to Clark to both have this glimpse of more answers than he's had all his life to being right back where he was before except now knowing just exactly how much he's missing. A very painful time on top of everything else changing in his life, and you do a wonderful job of getting inside his head to make me feel what he's going through. Great job!

Kerth
Kerth
Excellent point, Anti-K. Was it better for Clark before, when he knew absolutely nothing? Is a glimpse of information about his heritage better than nothing? Does the globe's information ultimately give him at least a sense of closure, even if it confirms that he'll never really know anything else about his heritage?

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Wow

Thanks everybody! I really wasn't sure about this one, I just didn't think it was nearly as good as At First Sight. So I'm glad you all liked it. Your encouragement means a lot smile

Feli

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard