A/N: Don't know if anyone remembers these, but...I've been watching the show again and got a few more done.

The Green, Green Glow Of Home: Jason Trask

You’re strong and fast and sure and the human race will be as nothing before you. You’ll rend and destroy and conquer, and there’s nothing we can do to stop you. Nothing at all. But I won’t stop.

You think you’re superior. You think you’re better than us. I can see it, there in your eyes, glowing like the rock you destroyed. You look at me so scornfully, so condemningly--your derision laid out for the whole world to see.

Well, I’m not less than you. You’ll see. You’ll feel it even if it takes my life to prove it to you.

So many people are blind, so easily misled, so naively gullible. They call you Superman and name you hero and shower you with gratitude. But I see through you. I always have. I’ve known this day was coming, and I’ve done nothing but prepare for it.

I don’t care if you pretend to be a human. I don’t care if you can fight through pain to get rid of that little piece of home. I don’t care how protective you are of the human traitors you’ve taken under your protection. I don’t even care how many times you hit me.

I’ll never stop. I’ll never give up. In this one thing, in this one moment, I can be the hero.

So go ahead and kill me. Give it your best shot. I know you can do it--there’s more than enough condemnation in your eyes, more than enough power in your alien limbs. But the minute you kill me, the instant you strike me dead--I’ll have won. Then all the world will see you for what you truly are. They’ll look at you and finally, finally, see the alien. The extra-terrestrial. The invader.

You pause (weakness, here at the end?). You stare at me (something foreign in your eyes). And then you sneer (and I was right all along).

“That’s not the way I work!” you spit.

And as simply as that, you let go of me. Turn your back on me. Walk away.

Even now, still, you think you’re so much better than me! Even now you think you can outsmart me! You think this world will be yours?

Never!

I’ll still win, but this way I won’t even have to die to do it.

I pull the gun, and you…you’re so confident in your own power, you don’t even suspect a thing, too busy fishing your glasses out of the water. Blending in. A chameleon right in front of us. A costume, as if you could ever belong among us. As if you could ever be one of us. No, you’re just an imposter.

But weakened. Frail. And oh so very vulnerable.

“That’s not the way I work,” you said. Well, this is the way I work, and this is the way that will win the day. This is why humans deserve to win this battle. This is why you’ll never succeed in your mission to conquer us.

My finger twitches on the trigger.

A gunshot sounds.

You turn and look, wide-eyed and startled. Weak. Beaten. Drowning in your own arrogance.

And you should be dropping. You should be falling to your knees. You should be dying, bleeding out in front of me (and I wonder what color your blood is).

But the world is spinning around me, and there’s something sharp and pointed and aching in my chest, and everything seems to be going black.

And you turn your back on me again.

As if even in death I mean nothing. As if, for all my efforts and all my years spent preparing, I’m not worth even a second glance.

And I fall. Alone, and forgotten.

Nothing.