Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Comments. I hope you enjoyed the story.

Thanks to everyone for reading. I sure hope there were more reading than were actually commenting. Thanks especially to those who commented.

I hadn't considered this suitable to archive until the comment (in the exotic locale challenge) that this could be considered a previous 'Soul Mate' life. I guess, if it wasn't for the use of Lionel, Tess and Chloe as characters this wouldn't even be a Smallville story, more of a DC Comics universe story. Still my interpretations of Clark and Lois' characters could easily be the LnC versions. What does everybody else think?

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
"Thank you," he whispered once he was propped up. Lois passed him a glass of water. He held it with trembling hands and brought it to his mouth. Lois reached out and helped him to steady the glass. After sipping gently he rested his head back and closed his eyes. "I remember something," he spoke. His voice was now without the dry crack after his drink of water. "I heard you coming, Lois. I heard you all calling for me, but I couldn't answer. I wanted to shout out."
How sad. frown

"Lois, did you mean it? Would you truly go to court for me?" Her heart sank. Waves of crushing disappointment overwhelmed her. ‘Clark!’ she screamed out in her head. ‘Clark, I have to say goodbye. How can I say goodbye to you?’ She closed her eyes to hide her distress from her father then she answered.
Oh, the dark promises our characters make at the heart of despair.

"Oh Lois. You were right. Court is not the place for you. I was sending you because I had received word of a kidnapping plot. I feared for your life. But it turned out that I was the target for kidnapping." His eyes sparkled with joy. "Please don't go, Lois. I would miss you so much."
Yea! Sam isn't a bad dad after all!

"A pirate?" Sam's mouth dropped open. "You mean to say that you are considering a pirate to be a suitable husband!" His voice rose. In his weakened state it could almost be considered a shout. His violent opposition to this idea was quite evident.
LOIS: But, Daddy, he's not like *other* pirates. He has all... well, almost *all* his teeth... and gorgeous big muscles out to here... Oh, Daddy, /sighs/ you should just see him without his pant... er... SHIRT... yes, SHIRT on.
SAM: The convent for you!

Lois forged on with her confessions and her plan. "Yes, he was a pirate. But … he doesn't wish to be. He is a good man." She injected all the integrity she could into her voice. In fact, she had not actually lied.
SAM: /looks at her wryly and without conviction/ un-huh. Nobody wants to be a sailor when *you're* around, Lois.

Clark knocked on the door to the Commodore's office. It had been five days since their return from Isla de Muerta: three since the Commodore first woke fully. He'd received a summons to attend the mansion and had dressed in his naval uniform immediately. Walking up from his parents store he had tried to calm his beating heart. Of course the Commodore would want to discuss his report on the assignment, but would he also wish to discuss his daughter?
Did Lois already introduce them on the boat?

"I have read the report you submitted, Clark. I must admit that I was quite impressed that the pirate ship you managed to infiltrate was The Kandor. And to become First Mate. It seems my faith in you was well placed. It just seems that circumstances beyond your control lead to a very different ending to this mission than I foresaw. But all in all, I think that ending far surpassed what we could have expected: capturing The Kandor, retaking Port Krypton … and discovering the old Governor."
Seducing my daughter!

"But there is only one reward I would ask." He turned back and then straightened his spine and focussed on a spot somewhere over the top of the Commodore's head. "Sir, I would ask for your daughter's hand in marriage."
SAM: [Linked Image] If he thinks Lois is a reward, he surely hasn't met her. Perchance I can marry her to this noble sailor and she'll forget all about that pirate, who stole her virtue.

"I see. Um. Clark I think I must tell you that Lois has expressed her desire to marry a pirate that she met while searching for me. She seems most determined."
Joke's on Sam!

"I would be most honoured to have you as a son-in-law Clark, but it seems you may be too late. If you wish to ask her, then you have my blessing." His lips twitched, almost into a smile. "But do not hold out too much hope."
Or maybe not.

She stopped and turned swiftly. Her face lit up in surprise and joy. As he strode across the lawn she grabbed hold of the skirt part of her dress and hitched it up a little then set off at a run.
You capture Lois's enthusiasm so well here.

‘No, not yet,’ he scolded himself. He had to blink a few times to escape the spell of her gaze. She was irresistible to him, especially so after four days apart. "Lois," he began to speak and she lifted a hand wanting to reach out. He knew that if they touched he would be lost. He couldn't afford that just yet. There was something he needed to do first, so he stepped back: away from her reach. Her face dropped in confusion.
Oh, dear. She's going to get the wrong idea.

"Lois," he repeated "We have experienced so much together in these last two months. When you came on board The Kandor you puzzled me like nothing else ever has, and when you were revealed as a woman you tempted me like no other woman ever has. And to fall in love with you was so easy. But I fought it so hard, because my whole life was a deception at that point. I saw … hoped … that you were feeling the same way, but knew that it wasn't the real 'me' that you knew. But, in the end, I needed you too badly. When we were marooned and you got to know the truth; that was the best moment of our relationship so far." Clark paused in his story and smiled. "Our time on the island … I miss it, Lois." He gulped, attempting to get his emotions under control.
Ramble much, Clark? And, you could always go back...

Trusting in his daughter when she told him of the man she'd found, a pirate, had been the latest in a long line of good decisions, all involving the man currently proposing. When Clark had asked for Lois' hand he'd immediately known that standing before him was the pirate of his daughter's heart. It had been difficult to keep the laughter from bubbling out.
Sly old fox.

"I think I'm going to like being married to Clark Kent," she breathed out. Clark smiled and rubbed his hands up her arms and shoulders. "But I think I'm going to miss Kal a little," she teased.
CLARK: Don't worry. Little Kal will make an appearance soon if you keep kissing me like that.

"Yes. I'm pretty sure there's still a little bit of roguish pirate left in me."
LOIS: /innocently/ Does this mean you'll do household chores without a shirt on?
CLARK: No, it means I'll walk into your bath without knocking first.
LOIS: / eek / The scandal! [Linked Image] I could have locked the door, you know? I *wanted* you to walk in on me.
CLARK: Did you seduce me, Miss Lane?
LOIS: Uh-huh!

I hadn't considered this suitable to archive until the comment (in the exotic locale challenge) that this could be considered a previous 'Soul Mate' life. I guess, if it wasn't for the use of Lionel, Tess and Chloe as characters this wouldn't even be a Smallville story, more of a DC Comics universe story. Still my interpretations of Clark and Lois' characters could easily be the LnC versions. What does everybody else think?
With a few name changes and tweeks, you could have easily posted this in the fanfiction section as a "soul mates" story and had none, but the very observant Smallville watchers, the wiser.

The one problem would have been with the whole Lex/Lionel relationship. But you could make Tess and Lionel Lex's wife and father-in-law. There really isn't a Cloe and her dad equivalent in LnC, the closest father / daughter relationship I can think of is Woody Samms (I've got you under my skin) and his daughter (which would work better as a substitute for Lex's wife and father). Since Cloe is Clark's childhood friend, you could make her Rachel Harris. wink Or you could make Cloe, Lucy and have Uncle Mike be the Commodore who raised Lois at sea (since in LnC canon HE was in the military, not Sam Lane). Or they could have their own unique names being that this is a "soul mates" story.

Fun story! clap I loved the scenes on the ship with all the pirates vying to be top dog.

Sorry, it took me so long to post. blush I'm stuck in a plot hole at the moment and Luthor is burying me alive. /sigh/

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Can't believe I missed replying to the final comments for the Epilogue. Naughty Victoria. Naughty.

Originally posted by VirginiaR:
"Lois, did you mean it? Would you truly go to court for me?" Her heart sank. Waves of crushing disappointment overwhelmed her. ‘Clark!’ she screamed out in her head. ‘Clark, I have to say goodbye. How can I say goodbye to you?’ She closed her eyes to hide her distress from her father then she answered.
Oh, the dark promises our characters make at the heart of despair.
Yup, they do! And those promises always come back to bite them on the uh ... somewhere *looks around shiftily* I didn't nearly say a naughty word. Really, I didn't.

"Oh Lois. You were right. Court is not the place for you. I was sending you because I had received word of a kidnapping plot. I feared for your life. But it turned out that I was the target for kidnapping." His eyes sparkled with joy. "Please don't go, Lois. I would miss you so much."
Yea! Sam isn't a bad dad after all!
Yes, that's what most of this epilogue is about. *grin* Showing that Sam is a 'daddy' as well as a 'father'. If you get my meaning.

LOIS: But, Daddy, he's not like *other* pirates. He has all... well, almost *all* his teeth... and gorgeous big muscles out to here... Oh, Daddy, /sighs/ you should just see him without his pant... er... SHIRT... yes, SHIRT on.
SAM: The convent for you!
clap I loved the scenes on the ship with all the pirates vying to be top dog.

Sorry, it took me so long to post. blush I'm stuck in a plot hole at the moment and Luthor is burying me alive. /sigh/</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks for all your comments and I'm glad you enjoyed reading it.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
hyper

Clark: "So what are you saying? I should go crawling back on my hands and knees?"
Martha: "No, honey. Fly back. It's faster!!"
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally posted by chelo:
hyper
Now, comparing me to Female Hawk, I think that's taking it a bit far ... I'm not that good. This was also a serious distance from my usual writing. I've never gone for such an alt scenario before but I loved writing it.

Thank you for reading. So glad you enjoyed it and left a comment.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Vic!

Had a lot of fun with the archived version. I'm really sorry that I didn't get to comment bit by bit but RL really was buzzzzzy! Anyhow, I read this right while Black Sails was airing, so that was a fun juxtaposition. Really liked the wait for the reveal of the First Mate. The basics where of course obvious, given the naming of the characters. But we never read LnC for the unexpected reveal that Clark is Superman, right? But I never knew just how far you'd go and just how much danger you'd put them in! help And this Lois was a feisty one, too!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Darth Michael
Hi Vic!
Hi Michael. What a pleasant surprise to see you here.

Had a lot of fun with the archived version.
Good.

I'm really sorry that I didn't get to comment bit by bit but RL really was buzzzzzy!
frown I'm sorry too. I would have liked your usual insights, I'm sure.

Anyhow, I read this right while Black Sails was airing, so that was a fun juxtaposition. Really liked the wait for the reveal of the First Mate. The basics where of course obvious, given the naming of the characters. But we never read LnC for the unexpected reveal that Clark is Superman, right?
Really? Reveals are my favourite type of fic! Oh you mean US as readers. Yup, we already know.

But I never knew just how far you'd go and just how much danger you'd put them in! help
evil So, was a deranged Captain, an insidious second mate, a marooning on a desert island, and an attack on a pirate stronghold enough danger for them?

And this Lois was a feisty one, too!
Isn't she always!

wave Michael
Thanks

So glad you read this and commented. It's a shame I felt I had to post it in the Other Cannon section, but then a couple of people convinced me it WOULD be accepted on the archive.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oh you mean US as readers. Yup, we already know.
Yup, that's the one smile

/likes to yank the poor readers around/So, was a deranged Captain, an insidious second mate, a marooning on a desert island, and an attack on a pirate stronghold enough danger for them?
Yes, although I'm not sure the marooning counts as dangerous. Unless you count Clark dying of exhaustion wink

but then a couple of people convinced me it WOULD be accepted on the archive.
Yeah, I got pointed to it by the quizzes and was surprised to find it here. There've certainly been several fics using Tess et al over the time.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Blueowl, PuffyTiger 

Link Copied to Clipboard