Next Thread
Print Thread
#263312 05/16/15 07:37 PM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Story

Comments?

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
At Clark’s puzzled look, Martha elaborated, “It’s been eighteen and a half years since your ‘sister’ was buried, and I don’t know if even bones are left, but if they are — I need you to help me remove them and rebury them elsewhere. It’s illegal to bury bodies anywhere but the cemetery, so if your friends were to dig there for some reason and find the skeleton, it could be a problem. There would be questions as to why she was buried there — maybe even a murder charge, though she was stillborn — and it would reveal that you aren’t my son by birth.”

This was a very sad and painful episode, not for just Clark, but for Martha. So many hopes and dreams were dashed when she lost her children, yet through it all she and Jonathan weathered the storm.

Clark was fortunate to have been found by them.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wow, Clark is really doing a lot better at connecting. He's able to offer support to Martha without even really thinking about it.

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Morgana
At Clark’s puzzled look, Martha elaborated, “It’s been eighteen and a half years since your ‘sister’ was buried, and I don’t know if even bones are left, but if they are — I need you to help me remove them and rebury them elsewhere. It’s illegal to bury bodies anywhere but the cemetery, so if your friends were to dig there for some reason and find the skeleton, it could be a problem. There would be questions as to why she was buried there — maybe even a murder charge, though she was stillborn — and it would reveal that you aren’t my son by birth.”

This was a very sad and painful episode, not for just Clark, but for Martha. So many hopes and dreams were dashed when she lost her children, yet through it all she and Jonathan weathered the storm.

Clark was fortunate to have been found by them.
Yes, he was. He was found by two people who were willing to take him in and raise him as their own, despite not knowing where he came from, and who continued to stand by him when he developed some very strange abilities. None of the Kents' biological children lived, but they had room in their hearts for a strange child, and even when he came back from the Games changed, he was still their son and they still loved him.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by AmyPrime
Wow, Clark is really doing a lot better at connecting. He's able to offer support to Martha without even really thinking about it.
He's starting to move forward with life. He'll never forget the Games, but he's beginning to come out of his self-imposed isolation and live again.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard