Next Thread
Print Thread
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
All comments gratefully accepted.

This story is in response to Virginia's The Canterbury Tales of Metropolis challenge.

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Another great tale, Lynn. clap I loved how you had the agent make that ridiculous claim to Lois as a backwards way to let Clark know he had figured out his secret. lol Um... Nope. Didn't work. Clark's too confident in his disguise. Lot of fun.

Also, happy Mother's Day. smile

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
Loved it! This completely makes sense! If anyone should recognize a disguise, it's a guy who disguises people for a living. He doesn't know Clark, he only knows Superman, so the first thing he would see is Superman in disguise. And he doesn't know about the clone gangsters running around town, so it's funny that he's still trying to figure out why they came to see him.

At first, I thought he was coming in to give me a "cease and desist" notice.
Bwaaa haaa haaa!!! lol
Take Barry, for instance. He looks a lot like Superman, but the moment he walks (much less talks), it's obvious he's not Big Blue.
Poor, sweet Dean Cain. Accents aren't his strong suit. grin I've been writing about Barry for so long now, I can't think of him as anything but the Vatman clone. laugh

Thanks for adding another story to the challenge! clap

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Um... Nope. Didn't work.
Virginia, I'd say Sammy was being too clever by half in what he was trying to do. But it seemed to fit the story.

Thank you for the Mother's Day wishes; they are doubly appreciated since my son is incapable of giving me such wishes himself. And I hope your Mother's Day is going well, too.

Susan, I agree wholeheartedly with all of your analyses.

Thank you both for the feedback.

Joy,
Lynn

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
This is great! Awesome job, Lynn clap clap clap.

Such a creative take on the talent agent. And YES--this so much makes sense! Of course the agent wouldn't fall for the Clark Kent/Superman disguise. Having Barry as his client, he'd totally 'see' Superman in Clark. He would be the one to figure it all out...

Wonderful fun while checking in on the boards tonight. Thanks, Lynn notworthy.

And a last minute Happy Mother's Day to all of you.
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 05/11/15 12:33 AM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
That agent was pretty sharp. Thanks for the early morning chuckle! smile1

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Hello Laura and Morgana,

My apologies for the delay in responding. It's been very busy at work, and I've been barraged with paperwork both at work and at home. Long story short, I haven't had a lot of free time the past few days.

Laura, I'm glad the reasoning made sense to you. As fun as the scene on the show was, it just never sat completely right with me. This challenge spurred me on to fixing it.

Morgana, my pleasure. I love it when one of my stories brightens someone's day.

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Only he came in costume.

clap rotflol

This "Clark Kent" guy, though, he looks *exactly* like Superman, right down to the mole. (Barry's is a paste-on.)

rotflol

So I start spouting nonsense about how the woman he came in with looks just like Madonna. As if!

<restrains Lois from decking the guy>

I'd just like to know what Superman is doing under cover as Clark Kent and why he really came to see me today.

notworthy

Awesome little tale. Love the fact that the talent agent is seeing him in the role of being in costume. Great way to spin things around!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Hi DC,

Thanks for the feedback. It made my day. smile

Joy,
Lynn

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

Hi Lynn! Looks like the next update in the serious. Well, earlier post in the series. Whatever…

Superman came to my store today. The real deal. Only he came in costume.
Straight to the point, huh? Makes me wonder, did he immediately recognize him, given his look-alike work?

I'm minding my own business, and in he walks, dressed in a business suit and glasses, a woman beside him.
He did!

Now, it's obvious he doesn't want to be recognized.
Maybe he got bored of picking up women while standing around in a bar, dressed as Superman and is instead looking for a challenge?

It's my business to see people's likenesses and their differences.
See?

There are always differences. Part of my job is to get them to hide those differences.
Like extensive facial reconstruction, as they did on the fake Lois?

No imitator is that good, and "Kent's" mole ain't glued on.
laugh

I figure he fed us that line 'cause he didn't want Lane to know what he was really doing.
Smart one, that one.

It's none of my business, really, whatever's going on between 'em. I'd just like to know what Superman is doing under cover as Clark Kent and why he really came to see me today.
Trying to score with Lane, of course! The hard way.

Cute one!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard