Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#263139 05/09/15 12:26 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
So, in honor of Mother's Day, I thought I would give you all Lois' decision about the baby. And some double feedback (I hope) for me. wink But, things may just go devilsplat now...

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Kerth
Kerth
Ack! Cliffhanger!!! Gosh, and everything was going so well. I'm glad you allowed Lois to make her decision regarding her pregnancy on her own, before Clark's secret is revealed. She deserved to process her feelings without the added pressure of dealing with a potential super-baby. And the two of them have had time to develop as a couple, deepening their relationship so that Lois can have a sense of security about their feelings for each other and know that their intimacy was more than just a one-night stand. But I fear there's a rocky road on the horizon, and not the delicious chocolate kind! eek

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by groobie
Ack! Cliffhanger!!! Gosh, and everything was going so well. I'm glad you allowed Lois to make her decision regarding her pregnancy on her own, before Clark's secret is revealed. She deserved to process her feelings without the added pressure of dealing with a potential super-baby. And the two of them have had time to develop as a couple, deepening their relationship so that Lois can have a sense of security about their feelings for each other and know that their intimacy was more than just a one-night stand. But I fear there's a rocky road on the horizon, and not the delicious chocolate kind! eek

Ha! Well, you know me. I can never resist a good cliffie! It was VERY important to me that I show that Lois' decision was 100% her own and not influenced by the possibility that it might be a super-child. It allowed them to really fall in love too, instead of having Superman in the picture to maybe cloud Lois' reactions to Clark.

However, you're right. There are still plenty of potholes in the road to parenthood for them.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Uh-oh! peep

I wondered if there was a bit of foreshadowing, when Clark worried about Lois waking up to go to the bathroom, only to find him on a rescue. Yep. It happened. Eeeee. sad.

This-can-not-be-good.

BUT--like you both were stating, I am so glad that Lois made her decision regarding the baby beforehand. Huge. Very big--very important. Nothing regarding 'Superman' touched Lois' thought process and her final decision. And I love that Clark's support, his love for her, helped her decide in the end what she wanted to do.

I can't see things getting ironed out for awhile. There's so much to talk about, so much to adjust to. Let alone 'Superman', and oh so much of what that all entails--Clark has got to come clean with what he has learned from Dr. Klein. The full reality of the situation is a lot to take in.

And all this is coming at Lois the same night that she told Clark that she wants to keep the baby--the same night they decided upon their future together. Wow dizzy.

Putting on the seat belt and getting ready to swerve for some mighty big pot holes mad / mecry / shock / notworthy.
Laura

Happy Mother's Day to both of you smile.

Last edited by LMA; 05/10/15 03:14 AM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by LMA
Uh-oh! peep

I wondered if there was a bit of foreshadowing, when Clark worried about Lois waking up to go to the bathroom, only to find him on a rescue. Yep. It happened. Eeeee. sad.

This-can-not-be-good.

BUT--like you both were stating, I am so glad that Lois made her decision regarding the baby beforehand. Huge. Very big--very important. Nothing regarding 'Superman' touched Lois' thought process and her final decision. And I love that Clark's support, his love for her, helped her decide in the end what she wanted to do.

I can't see things getting ironed out for awhile. There's so much to talk about, so much to adjust to. Let alone 'Superman', and oh so much of what that all entails--Clark has got to come clean with what he has learned from Dr. Klein. The full reality of the situation is a lot to take in.

And all this is coming at Lois the same night that she told Clark that she wants to keep the baby--the same night they decided upon their future together. Wow dizzy.

Putting on the seat belt and getting ready to swerve for some mighty big pot holes mad / mecry / shock / notworthy.
Laura

Happy Mother's Day to both of you smile.

Thanks and Happy Mother's Day!

Yes, lots to iron out in the next chapter - Clark's got a lot of confessing to do! And it's doubtfull that Lois is going to be happy. It's a good thinges she is already firm in her decision. This isn't going to be fun for Clark though.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard