Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#263136 05/09/15 12:20 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hope you are still enjoying the story! Poor Clark though!

Clark: "Why do you hate me so much?"
Muse: "Hush now. I only torture the characters I love the most."
Clark: help

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Kerth
Kerth
The scene between Lois and Clark, sleeping comfortably together - major WAFF! love

This whole part was excellent and completely believable. Sure, Clark really couldn't expect good news about his potential compatibility, but that doesn't mean he didn't harbor hope, and it's crushing to have that slim hope dashed.

I read this section of a poem by Aldous Huxley when I was a teenager and it has stuck with me all these years. Every time I see an ultrasound, I think of it.

A million million spermatozoa
All of them alive;
Out of their cataclysm but one poor Noah
Dare hope to survive.

And among that billion minus one
Might have chanced to be
Shakespeare, another Newton, a new Donne--
But the One was Me.

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Cool poem, Susan. I like it! clap

And great part, as usual, DC. Love the reality that you have brought into this story. The doctor's appointment, the confusion that Lois is still feeling.

Being a mother, the time at the doctor really brought back memories. Seeing the ultrasound. Seeing the baby. It's amazing.

And probably (pretty predictably wink ), I loved all the beautiful WAFF btw Lois and Clark in bed. Even though the secret is between them--even though Clark snuck out during the middle of his night holding Lois to do a rescue--the closeness and love they share was so evident. You've done a great job of showing that progress in a natural way throughout the story.

Though unlikely, I was hoping for good news for Clark from Dr. Klein. It was heartbreaking for him to hear otherwise. To know that the baby he already loves probably isn't his. To know that having a child in his future isn't as likely. And now, to know that all alone.

BUT--like was stated in the story, even though crazy-small, there still is a chance that everything could work out the way that Clark is hoping. And, with Lois and Clark, we know that anything does seems to be possible smile.

When does he tell Lois all of this news? When does he tell her his secret? Oh-my-goodness, I am dying to know notworthy...
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 05/09/15 03:30 PM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by groobie
The scene between Lois and Clark, sleeping comfortably together - major WAFF! love

This whole part was excellent and completely believable. Sure, Clark really couldn't expect good news about his potential compatibility, but that doesn't mean he didn't harbor hope, and it's crushing to have that slim hope dashed.

I read this section of a poem by Aldous Huxley when I was a teenager and it has stuck with me all these years. Every time I see an ultrasound, I think of it.

A million million spermatozoa
All of them alive;
Out of their cataclysm but one poor Noah
Dare hope to survive.

And among that billion minus one
Might have chanced to be
Shakespeare, another Newton, a new Donne--
But the One was Me.

Thank you so much! Writing WAFF is just so much fun! Glad you enjoyed the part and Lois and Clark's unfolding and growing love - the level of trust they are finding in each other, the comfort they have with each other.

Love the section of poem you shared. I'd never heard it before, but wow! Strikes a deep chord. Thanks for sharing.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by LMA
Cool poem, Susan. I like it! clap

And great part, as usual, DC. Love the reality that you have brought into this story. The doctor's appointment, the confusion that Lois is still feeling.

Being a mother, the time at the doctor really brought back memories. Seeing the ultrasound. Seeing the baby. It's amazing.

And probably (pretty predictably wink ), I loved all the beautiful WAFF btw Lois and Clark in bed. Even though the secret is between them--even though Clark snuck out during the middle of his night holding Lois to do a rescue--the closeness and love they share was so evident. You've done a great job of showing that progress in a natural way throughout the story.

Though unlikely, I was hoping for good news for Clark from Dr. Klein. It was heartbreaking for him to hear otherwise. To know that the baby he already loves probably isn't his. To know that having a child in his future isn't as likely. And now, to know that all alone.

BUT--like was stated in the story, even though crazy-small, there still is a chance that everything could work out the way that Clark is hoping. And, with Lois and Clark, we know that anything does seems to be possible smile.

When does he tell Lois all of this news? When does he tell her his secret? Oh-my-goodness, I am dying to know notworthy...
Laura

Hi, Laura.

Glad you liked the part. It's always a joy to write about Lois and Clark falling more in love.

It's amazing, isn't it, the first time you see the baby moving around on screen and it actually looks like a baby and not a white blob? And the 3D images they do now are even more incredible - I was amazed at how accurately they showed what my girls would look like. (My OB's office actually has a book of 3D images with the newborn pics side by side - I really should add my girls to it.)

Yes, there is a slight chance that Clark could have fathered the baby, unless, of course, Dr. Klein was wrong about even that small chance/hope. News and secrets to come soon...

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Top Banana
Top Banana
"I don't think any man would," Clark said, doing his best not to show how much the results had killed him inside. "Let me ask...this trillion to one shot. How...how would that even...? He paused, uncertain how to phrase the question he wanted to ask.

"How would it happen?" the doctor supplied. He sighed again. "Truthfully, I'm not even sure. Maybe just the perfect storm of conditions between your genetic material and that of the woman you'd want to have a child with. Or maybe that trillion to one is just a false hope. I honestly don't know. I wish I did."
Hmm ... that perfect storm wouldn't involve red Kryptonite, would it?

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Annie B.
"I don't think any man would," Clark said, doing his best not to show how much the results had killed him inside. "Let me ask...this trillion to one shot. How...how would that even...? He paused, uncertain how to phrase the question he wanted to ask.

"How would it happen?" the doctor supplied. He sighed again. "Truthfully, I'm not even sure. Maybe just the perfect storm of conditions between your genetic material and that of the woman you'd want to have a child with. Or maybe that trillion to one is just a false hope. I honestly don't know. I wish I did."
Hmm ... that perfect storm wouldn't involve red Kryptonite, would it?

It gets considered (off page)! Clark does ask Dr. Klein about it.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard