Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#261938 03/17/15 04:16 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
The challenge is simple: Someone gets tied up in Wonder Woman's magic lasso, which compels anyone bound by it to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. (Some continuities also have a "must obey whoever's holding it" bit, but that's completely optional). So:

1. Who gets tied up?

2. What do they end up confessing?

3. Who gets to hear their confession?

Of course, we all know that none of the characters from LnC have any secrets to hide ( wink ), but I'm sure you clever FoLCs can think of something. grin

~•~
Top Banana
Top Banana
Luthor ties up Lois and demands that she tell him who she really loves. He doesn't like the answer. (The eavesdropping superhero, however, is delighted.)

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Perry gets tied up and admits that he knows CK=S.

Lana ties up Alt-Clark and asks him about Lois. She doesn't like what she hears.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

S
Columnist
Columnist
S
Dr. Klein investigates the lasso and manages to duplicate its properties. When Lois learns of this, she is absolutely relentless until, at his wit's end, he finally gives her a sample, which immediately makes its way into a lovely necktie for Lex Luthor.

To Luthor's extreme misfortune Lois is able to sweet-talk him into wearing that new necktie to the Mayor's Man of the Year award ceremony for Superman. He's standing in front of the mic when he voices his real thoughts about the people of Metropolis, his frustrations at his previous attempts to deal with Superman and exactly how he will crush the upstart Intergang. The police chief allows the exercise to continue for a while but has to take Luthor into custody when it is obvious that his life is in danger.

Shallowford
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Shallowford
Dr. Klein investigates the lasso and manages to duplicate its properties. When Lois learns of this, she is absolutely relentless until, at his wit's end, he finally gives her a sample, which immediately makes its way into a lovely necktie for Lex Luthor.

To Luthor's extreme misfortune Lois is able to sweet-talk him into wearing that new necktie to the Mayor's Man of the Year award ceremony for Superman. He's standing in front of the mic when he voices his real thoughts about the people of Metropolis, his frustrations at his previous attempts to deal with Superman and exactly how he will crush the upstart Intergang. The police chief allows the exercise to continue for a while but has to take Luthor into custody when it is obvious that his life is in danger.

This totally needs to be written.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Using Shallowford's idea of replicating the "compel to truth" part (meaning there can also be some telling them what to do and they do it as well unless it goes against their core self, in which case it just breaks) for a moment, Someone creates a BDSM tie/s that "compels people to reveal secrets and allow for some release" that apparently has become popular. At first this peaks Cat's attention and attempts it on Clark. The next day she comes into the office a little shame-faced and hands Lois the ties. When Lois accepts them, not knowing what they are, Cat asks her if she's attracted to Clark. The truth (that she is) pops out of her mouth unbidden (because the holder of the ties also is forced to truth). Trying to take it back, she only makes it worse (she thinks). Cat leans over and whispers "I suggest you try these on Clark later, you might find something super."

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lois lassos Wonder Women to find out if she's trying to steal her man.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Tempus travels to our reality and ties up fanfic writers to find out who they would pair him with. When someone says they'd pair him with Ralph, he goes back in time to prevent the Internet from being invented.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Annie B.
Tempus travels to our reality and ties up fanfic writers to find out who they would pair him with. When someone says they'd pair him with Ralph, he goes back in time to prevent the Internet from being invented.
clap Love it! lol

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Annie B.

Perfect! clap notworthy

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Okay, been toying with an idea or two in my head. Just curious on how the lasso works. If it gets looped around someone, do they just sort of give up the fight? Do they do whatever it as that the person who captures them says (like "sit down and stop struggling")? Does it work on Wonder Woman herself?

*This is not to say that I'll necessarily get anything written soon. My ideas are sketchy, at best.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

M
Columnist
Columnist
M
I've had the beginning of a lasso story (mostly) written for a while, but the ending just fizzles out. I've written the part I find interesting, but the story should continue to some logical ending, and that's eluding me.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
I am, very slowly, working on one where Lois has Dianna use the lasso on Lois herself.

I've long been bothered by this scene in the Smallville episode "Committed".

I really think this challenge is the perfect place to deal with it.

Framework4

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard