Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#262989 05/02/15 12:18 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
As promised, a second chapter after the heaviness of the previous one.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Kerth
Kerth
Two chapters?! What is this, Christmas?! laugh

Martha and Jonathan are wonderful parents - always supportive regardless of the situation. The example of their love provides a real contrast with how Lois feels about her own parents, and this dichotomy is reflective of the struggle Lois has with her choice.

I understand Clark's reasons for not revealing his secrets (Superman and his desire to marry her) - his desire not to sway Lois from making her own choice is admirable. However, it's clear that Lois wants advice. I think she probably wants someone to tell her to keep the child, ratify the choice she probably wants to make anyway, because then she can rationalize to herself that she's doing it for them, not herself - she can blame others if things don't work out.

I'm glad that Clark has decided to seek out information regarding his ability to have a child - armed with that knowledge, he can make a more definitive statement to Lois regarding his own desires so that they can move forward together.

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by groobie
Two chapters?! What is this, Christmas?! laugh

Martha and Jonathan are wonderful parents - always supportive regardless of the situation. The example of their love provides a real contrast with how Lois feels about her own parents, and this dichotomy is reflective of the struggle Lois has with her choice.

I understand Clark's reasons for not revealing his secrets (Superman and his desire to marry her) - his desire not to sway Lois from making her own choice is admirable. However, it's clear that Lois wants advice. I think she probably wants someone to tell her to keep the child, ratify the choice she probably wants to make anyway, because then she can rationalize to herself that she's doing it for them, not herself - she can blame others if things don't work out.

I'm glad that Clark has decided to seek out information regarding his ability to have a child - armed with that knowledge, he can make a more definitive statement to Lois regarding his own desires so that they can move forward together.

Well, the last chapter was one of the hardest ones to write for the emotional toll/memories for me. I can imagine it would be hard for anyone else to read. (Read - the protestor's signs are opinions held by certain religious zealot extended family members, who do NOT know about my IVFs.) I felt like I owed my readers something a little lighter (relatively speaking) for making it out of that chapter in one piece! smile

Too bad Lois hasn't spoken directly with M&J, huh? Might help her make up her mind faster. wink

I think, at this moment, Lois really is on a knife's edge. I think she would be just as likely to keep the baby as she would be to terminate, given the circumstances of the conception. Even without the Lex/rape factor, she and Clark were both in a position where their intimacy wasn't fully consensual - their night together was the result of being drugged. I don't think she would have an overwhelming desire (at this point) to parent a child that never should have been conceived (at least in her mind).

As for Clark, I think the prospect of parenthood with Lois would win out, regardless of the state of his fertility - super fertile or incompatible for reproduction. Time will tell though...

Last edited by Deadly Chakram; 05/02/15 10:49 AM.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
What a pleasure to read, DC clap...

I really enjoyed this chapter. I felt the moments around the kitchen table in Smallville were very authentic to the relationship we saw between Clark and his parents on the show. The dialog between the three of them very real. The love and closeness they share very evident. Having Clark's parents know what's going on is comforting--oddly, even as a reader wink. I would have loved for Lois to have some time face to face with them here, but...I dunno, it seems like Clark really did need to tell them solo. Potential future conversation? huh

I, too, am glad that Clark is looking more into his biology. And very curious as to what he finds out. I mean, the news is big any way you look at it. If he can father a child, than the baby really might be Clark's--which is great. But then you have Lois potentially unknowingy pregnant with a Super baby. All of a sudden, the Secret, has a lot more ramifications regarding pregnancy. If Clark can't father a child, then Clark knows solo that there is no chance that the baby is his--which is terrible for him to have to know alone (and then to have to tell Lois). Plus for the future...Clark can't have kids biologically. And this pregnancy is a chance that they potentially wouldn't have in the future.

Eeee. Yeah. Lots going on. Information to find out. Decisions to make. Secrets to be told. And--hopefully--a proposal/marriage to look forward to? grovel smile

Great job! Excited for more hyper
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by LMA
What a pleasure to read, DC clap...

I really enjoyed this chapter. I felt the moments around the kitchen table in Smallville were very authentic to the relationship we saw between Clark and his parents on the show. The dialog between the three of them very real. The love and closeness they share very evident. Having Clark's parents know what's going on is comforting--oddly, even as a reader wink. I would have loved for Lois to have some time face to face with them here, but...I dunno, it seems like Clark really did need to tell them solo. Potential future conversation? huh

I, too, am glad that Clark is looking more into his biology. And very curious as to what he finds out. I mean, the news is big any way you look at it. If he can father a child, than the baby really might be Clark's--which is great. But then you have Lois potentially unknowingy pregnant with a Super baby. All of a sudden, the Secret, has a lot more ramifications regarding pregnancy. If Clark can't father a child, then Clark knows solo that there is no chance that the baby is his--which is terrible for him to have to know alone (and then to have to tell Lois). Plus for the future...Clark can't have kids biologically. And this pregnancy is a chance that they potentially wouldn't have in the future.

Eeee. Yeah. Lots going on. Information to find out. Decisions to make. Secrets to be told. And--hopefully--a proposal/marriage to look forward to? grovel smile

Great job! Excited for more hyper
Laura

Thank you so much! I'm blushing from the praise!

Lois will, indeed, be meeting up with Clark's parents in the future, but under what circumstances, I wonder? devil

You hit the nail on the head with all of the ramifications with Clark looking into his biology and potential fertility/infertility. Of course, anything I can throw out our heroes to make them squirm a bit, right?

Marriage/proposal? We'll see, if Lois doesn't kill him first when the secret comes out.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard