Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#262987 05/02/15 12:10 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
A bit of a heavier chapter...sorry. I'll make a peace offering of two chapters tonight as penance.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Kerth
Kerth
Gosh, Perry...that wasn't very tactful! razz He probably should have kept his suspicions under wraps for a little longer. Makes me concerned about his ability to keep Superman's secret when he eventually learns it. shock

I can imagine how uncomfortable it would be for Lois and Clark to be at that fertility clinic, surrounded by people who would give anything to have the chance at having a child. My brother and his wife have suffered with infertility, and it's impossible to find any words that would truly be comforting to them as the years go by and attempts at solutions have failed.

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by groobie
Gosh, Perry...that wasn't very tactful! razz He probably should have kept his suspicions under wraps for a little longer. Makes me concerned about his ability to keep Superman's secret when he eventually learns it. shock

I can imagine how uncomfortable it would be for Lois and Clark to be at that fertility clinic, surrounded by people who would give anything to have the chance at having a child. My brother and his wife have suffered with infertility, and it's impossible to find any words that would truly be comforting to them as the years go by and attempts at solutions have failed.

Thing is, that was probably the best Perry could manage on the spot like that. (He strikes me as the type to be uncomfortable discussing a pregnancy no matter what the circumstances.) And Clark already suspects that Perry might know about his alter-ego. wink

So sorry for your brother and sister-in-law's infertility problems. As someone who has been through 2.5 years of struggling with IF and 2 IVFs (thankfully just 2!) in order to get pregnant, I can say that sometimes, just letting them know that you are there to listen and support them (no matter what course of action or inaction they take) is the best thing an IFer needs to know. I'll be sure to say a little prayer for your brother and sister-in-law.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Late--once again--but excited as ever for this story hyper...

I'm really enjoying, bit by bit, as Lois and Clark settle in to their relationship. You could tell in this part that they are that much more connected and close to each other. The Secret, though--every mention of Superman makes me more nervous for it to be revealed. In this chapter, probably more than ever. Clark is Lois' rock--and now, really, she needs him more than ever. And he needs her. There is SO MUCH at stake when she finds out.

Moments like morning sickness, Clark taking care of Lois, him reading about pregnancy. Lois wanting Clark's parents to know about the baby. They are both so invested in each other, and will continue to be as (or if) the pregnancy continues. "Shattered" is the word that keeps coming to mind when Lois knows the truth about Clark.

Very intense moments at the fertility clinic. And I, too, can see how Lois (and Clark) would feel out of place there. We were blessed with conceiving our children, but I remember prior to finding out we were pregnant, wondering. Wondering how long till we'd become pregnant, IF we'd get pregant. It was such an uncertain time, both times. Living in that for a longer period of time...months, a year, multiple years. Can not imagine. Anyway, very much have empathy. I'll be saying a prayer for your brother and his wife, also, Susan sloppy.

Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi, Laura! No worries about the timing - late feedback is just a late gift, that's all. smile

Lois and Clark are definitely growing closer by the moment. The secret will emerge - but the impact? Well, you'll have to stay tuned for that bombshell. (Soon, I promise.) It probably won't be an easy time, is all I'm saying.

You're right about the uncertainty that goes along with trying to conceive. The ever looming IF. IF you get pregnant. IF you never do. IF you need to seek treatment. IF you decide that treatment isn't for you. IF you can even afford treatment. For us, it was the hardest thing we'd ever gone through, and the scariest thing thus far too.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard