groobie Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
They may offer you fortune and fame
Love and money and instant acclaim
But whatever they offer you,
Don't feed the plants!

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by groobie
They may offer you fortune and fame
Love and money and instant acclaim
But whatever they offer you,
Don't feed the plants!
lol Yes, please don't! Although, that might be one way to defeat Audrey II, is introduce her to Superman. wink

Yea! hyper You took up my challenge and exceeded my wildest dreams!

What a fun crossover. clap As I mentioned before (when you gave me a sneak peak) I especially love the parallels between LSoH and LnC. The bespectacled man in love with the beautiful woman who doesn't notice him because she's dating the jerk.

Lots of fun! I love Audrey's idea of placing the cart outside the story in hopes of luring Superman to buy flowers for his girlfriend from them. She has such optimism and a daydreamy quality about her, I can see why Seymour is smitten. smile

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hey Susan wave...

Okay, yep, gotta admit it. While I know of LSoH, I've never seen LSoH peep. But even with what little I knew of the storyline, I did still really enjoy this piece clap grin.

There's something quite enjoyable about thinking of the residents of Metropolis, wondering what their lives are like knowing a man that flies lives 'among' them. Thinking through how they would react to the reality of a superhero. And this was totally one of those fun examples notworthy. Love the thought that as Lois and Clark/Superman's relationship grows, so in a way, also does the flower industry. They have Superman 'wooshes' as flowers are scooped up, money is left behind. And they all want/hope for a piece of the action, to have Superman choose their shop.

Anyway, very much enjoyed Virginia's piece, and also, love where you went with your story, Susan smile.

Great job grin
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 04/27/15 02:00 AM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Top Banana
Top Banana
Lovely. I totally didn't get that she was Audrey. Something made me stop and think when you mentioned she was dating a doctor, but it still didn't click.

Then you said HIS name. Seymour ... and it all fell into place.

Bravo.

I loved it. And I loved how Audrey swooned at the idea of Superman having a girlfriend. It's lovely.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
groobie Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
LOL...this story has a fun surprise waiting at the end if you've seen Little Shop of Horrors. If not, you're probably thinking, "Oooooookaaaaaayyyy..." lol Laura: you've just got to watch the movie version with Rick Moranis, Ellen Greene, and Steve Martin - it's fabulous, even though they changed some of the songs and the ending. grumble I will never forget what fell from the ceiling at the end of the musical in the theater during its original run. They're putting on a special concert version in New York City this summer, two days only - already sold out. The resale prices on StubHub are astronomical.

Susan, who will sink back into her geekdom singing:
He's got your number now.
He knows just what you've done.
You've got no place to hide.
You've got nowhere to run.
He knows your life of crime.
I think it's suppertime!

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“Superman’s got a girlfriend.”

Well, that was bound to come out sooner rather than later.

A deep voice yelled from the corner of the street. “Let’s go, Audrey. I don’t frickin’ have all day.”

<chokes on tea> OMG! Little Shop of Horrors!!!!

hey, if Superman could come from another planet, maybe this plant could have, too.

True, but Superman doesn't require blood sacrifices. Just Lois.

“I’ve given you sunshine. I’ve given you dirt. You’ve given me nothing but heartache and hurt. I’m beggin’ you sweetly. I’m down on my knees. Oh, please – grow for me!”

<sings along>

This was great! Loved every minute of it - and Little Shop was awesome on Broadway! (I was actually just very recently listening to the soundtrack on my ipod...I've been playing some Broadway tunes when I feed my girls.) Now, the question is - Will Superman spot Audrey II's evil plot in time to save the world?

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Little Shop of Horrors? Who would have thought it! LOL!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Susan!

Audrey’s beautiful eyes widened with excitement. “Tell me.”
Beautiful, huh?

“Okay. So I was down at the wholesale flower district today, and I got to talking to Mike.”

“That guy with the little stand over by the Daily Planet?”
AKA Guardian Angel
On an unrelated note: Maybe someone should tell Clark that Guardian Angels are sometimes referred to as White Lighters and said White Lighters have a tendency to fall for, romance, and steal away their beautiful female charges.
SAM: wave
LEO: wave
CLARK: confused
HERB: Stop confusing the poor boy! Charmed isn’t going to happen for another 4 years. Plus, Mike’s way too old for Lois.

“I know! And I’ve talked to some of the other guys down at the market and they’ve said the same thing. It’s happening all over the city.”
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_Is_in_the_Air_%28song%29

There was a dreamlike quality to her voice, the one that always drew him in. Gosh, if only she’d see what was right in front of her, recognize how much he loved her.
See? Also, must be something in the water in Metropolis.

Audrey suddenly shuffled in her tight clothing over to the window of their shop,
Tight, huh?

She tottered on her impossibly high heels to a small table in the corner.
Yep, totally in love. Also, isn’t it adorable how Audrey’s setting up her honey trap for Superman?

Audrey’s eyes dilated in fear as she apologized. “I’m sorry, doctor!” She turned and said quietly, “I have to go. Cover for me, okay?”
Doctor? /checks Wikipedia/ Nope, there’s no companion named ‘Audrey’.

He looked curiously at the odd plant he had bought from the old Chinese guy,
Little Shop of Horrors? /checks Wikipedia/ Yep.

That was cute!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard