Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
So. All done, for now.

Coping with Destiny is mapped out ... but I'm working on something else first...

TOC

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Thus ends the second part in a great series!

"Terrorist shoot-out on Sixth." She couldn't help but smile. It was cruel, to play these tricks on him, make him uncomfortable. But it made her feel better at the moment. Until he was in love with her she'd comfort herself with this little game. "And Clark." They arrived at the elevators and Lois turned. "Just to make sure you are pulling your weight in this partnership … it's your turn to ask the questions. Then after that … you're taking me to lunch."

She's not being cruel, this is for the best. I can hardly wait for the next installment! clap

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
ACK! You're leaving us there? You can't leave us there! Especially since it will be a while during which we will have to cope without Destiny (so to speak).

And Lois, you may know a lot about Clark, but how little you really know him if you think jealousy is the way to his heart...

Joy,
Lynn

Kerth
Kerth
wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy
SEQUEL!!!!!
Okay, I see how this is a complete story, taking us all the way through the pilot. But you are CRUEL, making me wait for my WAFF! thud But I guess the fact that I'm begging for more means I liked the story. grin

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
What a leaving off place, KK! I agree with the others in hopes that your muse blesses you with some sleepless and productive nights. wink

I do wonder why Clark didn't show back up at work after the appearance of Superman. I hope Perry doesn't get on him for not pushing himself forward -- career wise -- as in "couldn't you tell it was a big news day and we needed you HERE". As Lois kept glancing back at the elevator, I wondered if Clark had flown off to Smallville to tell his folks that Lois knows something about him and isn't sharing, but then you let us know that Superman was busy around town. I do hope, at least, that he showed up with a Superman story for Perry.

Jealousy? Hmmm. Apparently, Lois has forgotten that Clark isn't one to push himself forward in any type of triangle (be it with Superman, Lex, or Scardino). Also, he might loose interest in a woman who forgets her "dream" man just because Superman has shown up. Praising Superman's body never was a way to Clark's heart. Praising Superman's heart and defending his actions / honor would earn her bigger brownie points with her crush.

I'm glad Lois suggested lunch. It makes me wonder if in the next story (when Trask and B39 shows) if Lois will take advantage of the situation and kiss Clark, or be too scared to push herself forward in that way. Or will she have kissed him beforehand. Will she slip and call Superman "Clark" after the next time Superman rescues her (and they're alone with her flying in his arms)?

You leave us with many unanswered questions. [Linked Image] For your muse.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Awww man! And. Now. We. Wait. And wait. And wait. wallbash

I really (and I mean really grin ) have enjoyed this series, KK. My wallbash is totally out of wanting more--and soon thumbsup. Definitely hoping Virginia's above offered chocolate bar helps the muse along grovel ? Oh, and would your muse also enjoy a party with a red balloon? party (Hey, I'll try anything to help the cause blush ).

"Terrorist shoot-out on Sixth." She couldn't help but smile. It was cruel, to play these tricks on him, make him uncomfortable. But it made her feel better at the moment. Until he was in love with her she'd comfort herself with this little game. "And Clark." They arrived at the elevators and Lois turned. "Just to make sure you are pulling your weight in this partnership … it's your turn to ask the questions. Then after that … you're taking me to lunch."

Interesting note to end on. Clark will think that Lois is falling for Superman, so much so like the series. But with a lot of a 'twist' to it. Hopefully she doesn't keep the Superman Crush going too long, that'll really bring Clark's confusion about them to regular series proportion--the love triangle and all wink.

Really looking forward to the development of time and history to their relationship so that Lois can feel comfortable to be totally up front with Clark. I think maybe that's where 'Coping with Destiny' comes in? Can-Not-Wait!!! dance

Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I really enjoyed this story and I'm looking forward to the next one. smile

"Who's asking? Clark... or Superman?"
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Morgana
Thus ends the second part in a great series!
Thank you. I'm not sure whether you could call it a 'great series' yet. Maybe by the time I've got to the end of all my ideas smile

She's not being cruel, this is for the best. I can hardly wait for the next installment! clap
Well, I guess it's a 'fun' kind of cruel, not an 'evil' kind of cruel.

Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
ACK! You're leaving us there? You can't leave us there! Especially since it will be a while during which we will have to cope without Destiny (so to speak).
Sorry. *runs and hides*

And Lois, you may know a lot about Clark, but how little you really know him if you think jealousy is the way to his heart...

Joy,
Lynn
Not 'true' jealousy, just teasing. grin

Originally Posted by groobie
wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy
SEQUEL!!!!!
Um. Yes? Eventually!!

Okay, I see how this is a complete story, taking us all the way through the pilot.
Yes, but as well as fitting with the Pilot episode, it was meant to be the story of Lois meeting Clark and Superman and coming to the realisation that she can live her own life, not OLs. That's why this story was very similar to the Pilot, but the following stories may be more different as Lois will make her own decisions, not what she thinks OL did.

But you are CRUEL, making me wait for my WAFF! thud But I guess the fact that I'm begging for more means I liked the story. grin
There's plenty enough WAFF in my other stories ... get used to this. grin Only kidding, there will definitely be WAFF in the sequel. But it is also a good idea to get used to non-WAFF from me!

Originally Posted by VirginiaR
What a leaving off place, KK! I agree with the others in hopes that your muse blesses you with some sleepless and productive nights. wink
It's coming, but very slowly as I'm working on other stuff, but I'm not leaving this behind, so there is still little bits of work being done.

I do wonder why Clark didn't show back up at work after the appearance of Superman. I hope Perry doesn't get on him for not pushing himself forward -- career wise -- as in "couldn't you tell it was a big news day and we needed you HERE".
I was following the show. If you watch the scenes Superman shows up to speak to Lex after this, and it's night, and then Clark shows up at the Planet and Lois is in different clothes, so it's obviously the following day. I came up with the reason that Superman is out doing Superman-ly stuff now that he is free to be seen, and help people.

As Lois kept glancing back at the elevator, I wondered if Clark had flown off to Smallville to tell his folks that Lois knows something about him and isn't sharing, but then you let us know that Superman was busy around town. I do hope, at least, that he showed up with a Superman story for Perry.
Nope. He's still under the impression that he's not that big a deal, just like cannon. He gets surprised by all the fame in the following episode.

Jealousy? Hmmm. Apparently, Lois has forgotten that Clark isn't one to push himself forward in any type of triangle (be it with Superman, Lex, or Scardino). Also, he might loose interest in a woman who forgets her "dream" man just because Superman has shown up. Praising Superman's body never was a way to Clark's heart. Praising Superman's heart and defending his actions / honor would earn her bigger brownie points with her crush.
Ohhh, that WILL happen, and her attempt at jealousy is a 'teasing' attempt. True jealousy would be if she DID start seeing someone else. She's not going to do that, because all three 'men' in this scenario are actually Clark.

I'm glad Lois suggested lunch. It makes me wonder if in the next story (when Trask and B39 shows) if Lois will take advantage of the situation and kiss Clark, or be too scared to push herself forward in that way. Or will she have kissed him beforehand. Will she slip and call Superman "Clark" after the next time Superman rescues her (and they're alone with her flying in his arms)?
The B39 scenarios are very important ... but it's NOT the next episode. grin Neverending Battle was aired before Strange Visitor in Britain all those years ago, and stuff that happens in that episode should logically come before stuff in Strange Visitor. And I want it this way, so there!

You leave us with many unanswered questions. [Linked Image] For your muse.
Yup, I do!

Originally Posted by LMA
Awww man! And. Now. We. Wait. And wait. And wait. wallbash
Sorry.

I really (and I mean really grin ) have enjoyed this series, KK. My wallbash is totally out of wanting more--and soon thumbsup. Definitely hoping Virginia's above offered chocolate bar helps the muse along grovel ? Oh, and would your muse also enjoy a party with a red balloon? party (Hey, I'll try anything to help the cause blush ).
Sounds good. It might help.

Interesting note to end on. Clark will think that Lois is falling for Superman, so much so like the series. But with a lot of a 'twist' to it. Hopefully she doesn't keep the Superman Crush going too long, that'll really bring Clark's confusion about them to regular series proportion--the love triangle and all wink.
Clark thinks Lois is in love with some unattainable man from years ago, and also will have a crush on Superman, yes. But every woman has a crush on Superman, so it's not really going to be a particular problem ... I think.

Really looking forward to the development of time and history to their relationship so that Lois can feel comfortable to be totally up front with Clark. I think maybe that's where 'Coping with Destiny' comes in? Can-Not-Wait!!! dance

Laura
Me either. Oh, that means I have to write it!

Originally Posted by LWhite
I've loved this series too - looking forward to future instalments!

hyper
Thanks

Originally Posted by Lady Loisette
I really enjoyed this story and I'm looking forward to the next one. smile
Me too. wallbash Again, that means I need to write it. Duh!

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard