Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
<peeks from her hiding spot behind the couch>

peep

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Coming out of lurker mode.

Are you kidding? shock

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Awesome chapter, DC. Spot on. I really was moved by the section where Superman had to intervene at the hospital. On the news last week (I think) was a new story about a man who had shot a prominent cancer surgeon because he couldn't save his mother. The son was no kid, but beyond middle-age. The truth is stranger
than fiction.
I'm ready for "the rest of the story."
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Kerth
Kerth
This is exactly the kind of discussion I was anticipating. It felt very real, which is important for such a difficult topic. Whew...I'm glad Lois didn't harbor too much anger for Clark leaving just at the wrong moment...wondering how much that's going to happen in the next few parts, leaving Lois to question Clark's commitment to her and her child. I can't wait for the next part!

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Morgana
Coming out of lurker mode.

Are you kidding? shock

rotflol

I hope that's in a good way! wink

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Artemis
Awesome chapter, DC. Spot on. I really was moved by the section where Superman had to intervene at the hospital. On the news last week (I think) was a new story about a man who had shot a prominent cancer surgeon because he couldn't save his mother. The son was no kid, but beyond middle-age. The truth is stranger
than fiction.
I'm ready for "the rest of the story."
cool
Artemis

Thanks. And oh wow! Actually, to be honest, after writing this section and getting it to a place where I was happy with it, I caught a rerun of Gray's Anatomy where the same thing happened. And was like "Oh, yeah, maybe *that's* where that idea came from." (Not a regular Gray's viewer - only catch the very occasional rerun in the afternoon when we run out of cartoons for the girls.)

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by groobie
This is exactly the kind of discussion I was anticipating. It felt very real, which is important for such a difficult topic. Whew...I'm glad Lois didn't harbor too much anger for Clark leaving just at the wrong moment...wondering how much that's going to happen in the next few parts, leaving Lois to question Clark's commitment to her and her child. I can't wait for the next part!

<sigh of relief>

Glad it felt real to you. I was worried about how people might take this chapter, with all the heavy discussion about what to do about the pregnancy. (All things considered, especially in this kind of situation, a very touchy subject.)

More to come soon!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hey DC smile

I really did enjoy this chapter a lot. Very much like Susan stated...it felt 'real'. And that, completely, is what I was looking forward to them experiencing. I was really wanting and hoping that they would really get into the conversation, have the conversation that they needed to have.

And really, I think the discussion went very much like what I would picture it to go like. Both of their parts of the conversation, their thoughts so far about everything--I could picture it all being so accurately Lois, and also Clark.

Oh--and lastly, I really loved how Lois pushed Clark a bit at the end. To tell her what he really thinks, not just to provide support. That was a great part in the conversation and I think it was needed. Support is great, but I think Lois very much needed an opionion from him.

As usual, can't wait for more grovel
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 04/26/15 04:39 PM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi, Laura.

You can thank Anti-K for pushing me to *make* Lois push Clark for an opinion. My original draft was more of just a show of support from him.

Glad you liked the chapter and that it felt real and in-character to you. As I stated above, this is the chapter that's scared me the most to post, for the touchiness of the subject matter.

Thanks again! smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard