Beat Reporter
Short, but -- hopefully -- sweet.

And, LabRat... posted five-and-a-half hours before 'deadline'. smile

Chris

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Poor, CJ - suddenly all those doubts about whether his powers (or lack thereof) will affect how Lois feels about him.

But...ohhhhhhhh...the flight was beautifully detailed and written, Chris <happy, waffy sigh> This in particular was just beautiful:

CJ climbed higher, carrying her through wisps of cold, wet cloud. Then they were flying into the open sky, and she saw that dusk was falling. The sinking sun in the western horizon painted the sky above and the clouds below with a dazzling array of pinks and lilacs and tinged their skin a rich orange. The sky directly above them segued from light blue to a dark, almost black shade in the east. But, most striking of all, were the myriad points of star light, each one more vivid than any she'd ever seen before.
Then...hel-lo...there's that conversation. <G>

Well, it was worth waiting for. goofy

"And what did Mr Wells say?"

"Not a lot, really. Only that I was to save your life, marry you, and found Utopia."

"Oh, is that all!"
laugh

"Not as much as I thought I would. The more time I spend with you, the less I care about why."
<snuffle>

What a beautiful, lyrical, waffy segment, Chris.

clap clap

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Top Banana
Top Banana
Very sweet and most definitely romantic..*sigh*

I like that it was "true confessions" time..they shared their feelings and doubts and hopes and realized that they want to be together..HOORAY! thumbsup

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. thumbsup

"You know, I finally understand something that I didn't understand before."

"What?"

"I think I finally understand why Elyse was so desperate to go to Prometheus. I thought that she was being so unrealistic. She was living in a fantasy land, wanting to walk again when realistically she knew that there was no chance of it happening..." He glanced down at his hands. "These last few days. They've been amazing. I've been able to do things I've only ever dreamed of and the thought of losing all that..." He sighed. "I'd do anything not to have to give up the flying, and I know when it's gone I'll be just how I always was, but there'll be something missing, you know? And I would do anything – and I mean anything – to be able to get it back again. And when I think of Elyse... She had lost something precious, something that had been a part of her. Me? I'm only losing something that was given to me for a brief time. If I feel that bad... So, yeah. I think I can understand at least a little of why she felt she had to go."
confused Well, maybe his powers will not disappear. Maybe they just needed the first big charge from that sun, and his sun will continue the process.

blush Very romantic the trip.

More soon, please.

MAF laugh

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Chris, so far this has proceeded, sweetly and smoothly as Lois and CJ's relationship slowly built itself into the true partnership that we knew was in store for them.

So, I wondered. What did Chris really have in mind. I mean you can't write a story and just let it flow along smoothly with happy waffy crap going on all the time.

I think I've finally figured it out. You gave us the clue here. Lois loves to fly with CJ. That being the given, Lois will continually buy CJ to take her flying. CJ, being nobody's fool, will jump at the chance to hold Lois close to him and will take her flying at every opportunity.

It will be during one of those flights, when the two young lovers are either staring out at the stars, or staring starry-eyed at each other, about a mile up in the air, that it will happen. CJ's powers will abruptly disappear. What a great wham you've set up Chris.

Looking forward to it.

Tank (who had to rack his brain to finally figure out what Chris had in mind)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
sorry for the brief comments, but i've got to run. i'm already late and mom's already annoyed. i have a feeling, though, that if i don't comment now i'll forget later.

so...

very sweet. very beautiful. i love the flying, and their decision to be together, whatever the reason, and their different reasons for choosing that. great job. smile very waffy. smile

looking forward, as always, to seeing more of this. smile

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Chris

WOW! This is wonderful. goofy

I can't wait to read the next part. clap

Tricia cool

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm glad I've finally caught up with this one <g> Though, Chris, it wasn't quite what I expected -- from comments on that poll thread, I thought this one might be mostly a-plot, but you've got a *lovely* b-plot going, too smile

I'm still curious about all those people who've mysteriously disappeared -- I don't think they're dead, I think they've gone underground, with Luthor's help.

Oh, and thanks for getting a mistrial in the Allen case <g> That really bothered me...

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wow, what a great B-plot segment!!!! smile1 )

"Well, let's see, so far I've been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, treated as your girlfriend, and I insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this. Mmm, mmm." -- Lois to Clark, 'Green, Green Glow of Home'
Features Writer
Features Writer
Oh Chris
this is wonderful and waffy
keep this coming quickly
merry

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
You're going to think I'm alt-Hazel or something, but I was reading that lovely description of their flight, and they were talking, and I was thinking indignantly, "What? No kiss?" goofy

But then they did kiss. So that's okay. laugh

I loved the parallel Clark drew between himself and Elyse and the need to snatch at what you can. Loved the snarky comments re Herb, but when don't I enjoy that kind of thing? smile Nice little interlude here, but I want more A-plot. Okay, more B-plot too. In short: MORE! laugh

Hazel

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
Columnist
Columnist
Hi Chris,

I know I've been woefully remiss in posting comments on your story, but this was a wonderful segment beautifully written and I just had to tell you so. smile

Yours Jenni

Krissie Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
LabRat et al... I hope you savoured last Thursday's waffs because today is A-plot. Ah, well. At least Hazel will be happy! smile

Seriously... I may tweak this section a little, so that CJ's sudden doubts about Lois liking him only for his powers don't seem to come quite so out of the blue. We'll see. Whatever happens, the flight will stay as it is. I rather like it, and it seems so do you guys! thumbsup

Maria: your comments on the powers are interesting... but not right! The sun on CJ's world isn't going to enable him to keep the powers.

BTW, why are you guys so sure that CJ is going to keep those powers? I never promised that!

Tank: no. I'd never to that to Lois.

Pam!!! Welcome on board! Glad you're enjoying this so far. Your comments are interesting because I think it shows how writers can lose perspective on their stories. Yes, I know this story has a B-plot, but I still think of it as being mostly A-plot driven. But then, maybe I'm too close to look at it dispassionately.

RetroRose: sorry not to have posted quicker. As I've mentioned before, I'm rather fond of my Monday / Thursday posting schedule. In any case, I was away most of the weekend.

Hazel: A-plot on it's way!

Jenni: thank you! But, you know, you've been rather wonderful about giving me comments privately. smile And all that wonderful beta-reading, too... smile

Thanks to everyone else who has commented. I feel a little mean for not giving you a roll call today, but hope that you'll forgive my lapse, just this once.

Chris

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Krissie,

Maria: your comments on the powers are interesting... but not right! The sun on CJ's world isn't going to enable him to keep the powers.
eek whinging

MAF mecry

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard