Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
So the question comes to mind; will this fic ever be posted?

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Kerth
Kerth
Given that there are 85 chapters I could convert them to an epub or something over a few evenings, but it wouldn't be edited or particularly tidy, getting it ready for the archive would need a lot more work than I can commit to right now.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally Posted by Morgana
So the question comes to mind; will this fic ever be posted?

It's already posted on the boards. As for the archive ... it's not just the story, it's the many links that I posted with the story. I reckon there's a good chance that many of them don't work now. Marcus (and anyone else) is welcome to copy, adapt, change to whatever format suits for their own use or even to pass on to other FoLCs to read.

I can't give any estimate as to when it might be on the archive. If I had to list the top 500 jobs awaiting my time and energy right now, it wouldn't be there frown Sorry.

Corrina.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I meant to say, would it ever be posted to the archives. Thanks for answering my question. wave

Last edited by Morgana; 03/27/15 10:04 AM.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
I finished the story this week after a few marathon sessions. It's amazing. I feel a strange affection and connection to a sport I've never seen in a city I've never visited. Thanks for the great story. I also realize that "Just Say Noah" doesn't have as much to do with your username as I thought it did.

I looked up footy on Youtube in the hopes of watching some and found the Grand Final highlights. Congratulations on the 2014 Grand Final by the way! hyper I found myself looking for certain numbers on their jumpers.... I saw some great plays but, unfortunately, I have about as much trouble following it onscreen as hockey. It looks like I'll just have to come see a game or two in person.

Shallowford
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Thanks for reading and also the kind words re 2014. The 2015 season started today - back at the footy again dance

I love that you 'feel a connection'. When I began writing this fic, I wasn't sure it would be possible to convey what Hawthorn means to me and thousands of others.

Let me know if you are able to visit Melbourne. If you come between April and August, maybe we can go to the footy together. thumbsup

Corrina.

Kerth
Kerth
Apologies for my slowness - I got about the first third downloaded and pasted into a single file then realised that a lot of the links hadn't copied properly and wouldn't work. I think I'm going to have to start from scratch and do things a little differently, but it'll probably take a while, I've a lot on at present.

Marcus L. Rowland
Kerth
Kerth
Here we go - first of all a single HTML file.

Just to make things clear, the text is completely unedited - I used Archive of Our Own's import file system to create the document, cut all of the page headers etc. from the L&C boards in each chapter, then saved it as an HTML page and edited it to put in Female Hawk as its author since AO3 thought that I was. Apart from that and changing the title of the last bit to "Notes" I haven't edited the story at all. Currently it's in my Dropbox, since the link is ridiculously long I've used TinyURL to make it a bit more manageable.

http://tinyurl.com/lb66zgw

I'll try my hand at making an epub file next, should be up in the next few hours if there are no unforeseen snags.

Last edited by Marcus Rowland; 04/27/15 05:28 PM.

Marcus L. Rowland
Kerth
Kerth
Well, that was a lot easier than I expected - here's the epub

http://tinyurl.com/lvgszyr

Please let me know if there are any problems with either version.

Note - some of the links to other sites in both versions don't work, presumably the content has been removed since the chapters were originally posted.

Last edited by Marcus Rowland; 04/27/15 05:50 PM.

Marcus L. Rowland
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Well I have to thank you Marcus, for reviving this thread. I had never read this one before and it was fantastic.

Female Hawk, I spent the better part of the weekend glued to my screen. What a beautifully written story from start to finish.

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
I, too, have read this story from beginning to end over this last week . Wow! I learned a great deal about Australian soccer. Amazing story line and “B” plot(s). Rich, vivid imagery as well as romantic development(s) for our two love birds. Really, really loved this tale.

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Female Hawk isn't on the boards much at all these days, but she wrote quite a bit of fiction, all of it excellent. I would encourage everyone reading this to check out her other stories . If you are in the mood for something incredible powerful, and are willing to read a story that starts out extremely WHAMmy, I would recommend Trusting Me, Trusting You . I have an especial fondness for The Gift of Words , and not just because she wrote it as a birthday present for me. But really, you can't go wrong with anything she wrote.

Joy,
Lynn

J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Yes, those are both excellent. I have read everything she’s writing on the archive but hadn’t seen Aussie Rules since it isn’t there. So glad it came upon it.

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard