Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#262602 04/19/15 04:31 AM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
So I was over on #loisclark on IRC tonight after being way too late to the Kerths and we were talking about HG Wells in different scenarios... I just wanted to throw a couple of ideas out there and see if anything stuck. What if...

1. H.G. Wells was somehow (distantly) related to Tempus

2. H.G. Wells isn't as stuffy as they portray him in the show and more like the real-life Wells, who's more of a playboy. He relentlessly flirts with Lois.

3. etc.

... Basically, I just like time travel and all of the alt-episodes. So I'd like to read more. grin

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Kerth
Kerth
3. H.G. Wells is an actual villain, but too clever to get his hands dirty.

4. What H.G. Wells actually tries to create is something we would consider a Dystopia. (In this scenario, Tempus might or might not be an anti-villain who tries to stop H.G. Wells with an 'ends justify the means' attitude.)

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Lara, I can recall reading a humorous story (sorry; forgot the author and the title) in which Wells and Tempus are in cahoots with each other, were both somewhat villainous in a mischievous (impish) sort of way, and just enjoyed causing trouble for out heroes.

I wish I could be more specific, but maybe my description will jog someone else's memory.

Joy,
Lynn

Kerth
Kerth
The Warehouse 13 version of Wells - female mad obsessed scientist who wants to save her daughter's life via time travel but unable to get it to work - might also be relevant. Especially if she's the real Wells and the usual L&C version is an imposter, from another dimension, or something...

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Sorry Mouse, I simply cannot identify with those scenarios. To my way of thinking, Wells is always trying to do the right thing. Sometimes he fumbles the ball, but his heart is in the right place.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Perhaps, Ken and Mouse, you can both have things your way: The real Wells is exactly as we see him on the show, but Mxy impersonating Wells causes mischief.

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
Perhaps, Ken and Mouse, you can both have things your way: The real Wells is exactly as we see him on the show, but Mxy impersonating Wells causes mischief.
I did that in my "Truth about Soul Mates" story a couple of years ago.

Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
Lara, I can recall reading a humorous story (sorry; forgot the author and the title) in which Wells and Tempus are in cahoots with each other, were both somewhat villainous in a mischievous (impish) sort of way, and just enjoyed causing trouble for out heroes.
My memory is as great as yours, Lynn. I remember that they teamed up to defeat Clark/Superman and that it was a funny story. I thought it was one of yours. Maybe Queen of Capes. She's good at short stories too.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Virginia - No, it's not one of mine, though if anybody can link to it I'd love to read it.

I've sometimes pondered a scenario where an HG Wells shows up from a universe where LnC create a dystopia, thinks that our LnC are the same way, and starts trying to keep them apart...

~•~
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Virginia, I had thought it might have been one of Shayne's, but I didn't see it when I looked at the archive. In any event, that you thought that that story might have been either one of mine or one of Queen of the Capes -- thereby putting my work even remotely at Queenie's level - is quite an honour. Thank you!

Joys,
Lynn

S
Columnist
Columnist
S
Originally Posted by KenJ
Sorry Mouse, I simply cannot identify with those scenarios. To my way of thinking, Wells is always trying to do the right thing. Sometimes he fumbles the ball, but his heart is in the right place.

The canon Wells, I agree. Though I'm sure there must be an alt-Wells or two out there stirring things up.

Shallowford
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hmmmm, this does sound like an interesting premise. H.G. A bad guy? Very different.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Tempus and H.G. Wells switch bodies. Lois and Clark are very confused as to why Tempus is trying to save Utopia and Wells is trying to destroy it.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Annie B.
Tempus and H.G. Wells switch bodies. Lois and Clark are very confused as to why Tempus is trying to save Utopia and Wells is trying to destroy it.
clap That would be great!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
shock Fortunately for Lois and Clark, Tempus and Wells each have distinctive manners of speaking, and I doubt either would be very good at changing them, so our protagonists would probably figure out fairly quickly what was happening, especially if the swap took place some time after IGYUMS. Even so, it would make for a *fun* episode/fanfic. (I wish that had been done; I would have loved to have seen those actors portray each other's characters.)

great idea.

Joy,
Lynn

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard