Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
So, only one part to go to round off this episode.

TOC

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Kerth
Kerth
Sigh...Lois is WAY over-thinking this! Just tell him, already! She can't possibly believe that Clark has no romantic feelings for her - sure, she thinks that she's just projecting her own feelings on him, but there's no way to discount the adoration in Clark's eyes as he looks at her when he thinks she's not looking. I will wait patiently for one more week and then I'll get my WAFF, or these guys wildguy wildguy wildguy will be coming for you! grin

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
"Please? Tell me. Do you know who I am?"
That sounds like something someone with amnesia would say. I realize that this isn't ASU, but please tell me he doesn't have amnesia. I hope he was just asking whether he recognized him as being Clark.

What had hurt him?
I guess her memories from OL don't include Clark's views of his dual personae or his wanting her to fall for Clark rather than Superman.

There's only one part left. Somehow, I doubt the air will be fully cleared by then. How far along are you with the sequel, and do you have an estimate of when you'll start to post it? (No pressure, you understand -- fanfic writing should be fun and not something with deadlines of any sort. This paragraph is not intended to pressure you, merely to let you know how much I am enjoying this story and looking forward to the next one, whenever it may come out.)

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Argh! wallbash How can she still believe that he doesn't care about her? He was jealous of Lex, wasn't he? Or did she not read it as jealousy?

"I'm ready." She frowned. He was acting distant. Getting straight on with the job. Didn't he have any questions for her? And there was not an ounce of worry showing on his face. After all her pacing and contemplating for the last forty minutes … and they weren't actually going to have that conversation.
You could, Lois, but you'd have to initiate it.

"Who is this Superman? Why do you keep calling me that?" Clark strode forward until they were almost toe to toe.
LOIS: Oh, that's what I call this guy I work with named Clark Kent. Totally dreamy hunk of a genius reporter. I've fallen madly in love with him. You remind me a bit of him. /sighs/ No such luck, huh? /bats eyelashes innocently/ Too bad. It would have been nice to fly off into the sunset with him.

(too much, huh?)

"Please? Tell me. Do you know who I am?" Lois recognised the look on Clark's face, completely at odds with Superman's usual 'emotionless guardian' look. He was pleading with her, he was after information from her. He looked like a lost little boy.
Oh, crud. No, Clark! HOW would Lois know who he is? Like Lynn, it sounds to me as if Superman's arrived on Earth with amnesia. I don't know if he'd be 'eager' to have someone know more about him than himself.

Her rapidly thumping heart skipped a few beats as she realised how close to that first kiss she really was. Clark's mouth was actually only inches from hers. She could reach out … stretch up just a little.

But how would he react?
SUPERMAN: /accidentally lets go/ Ooops! Sorry! /flies after her/

She'd work on him over the next few weeks. She'd invite him to her apartment for 'work assignments', she'd have lunch with him, she'd be his best friend and she'd make herself indispensable to him.

If he wasn't already attracted to her, then he soon would be!
Sounds like a workable plan.

He coughed and looked away. "Are you sure this is where you want to go, Lois? I can take you to your apartment."
LOIS: Really, Superman, we just met! How do you know where I live?

"I'll think about it, Lois." He laughed. "But I wonder if maybe you know more than you are letting on, already." After an initial moment of teasing his gaze became intense. She gasped and gulped. Could he read the guilt in her eyes?
Well, if that quote that the newsroom just heard doesn't bring B39 a trotting, I don't know what will. I'm sure Perry will interrogate her a slight bit too.

Originally Posted by Lynn
There's only one part left. Somehow, I doubt the air will be fully cleared by then. How far along are you with the sequel, and do you have an estimate of when you'll start to post it? (No pressure, you understand -- fanfic writing should be fun and not something with deadlines of any sort. This paragraph is not intended to pressure you, merely to let you know how much I am enjoying this story and looking forward to the next one, whenever it may come out.)
KK outlined her progress (or lack thereof) on the sequel in Part 11's FDK response. I'm afraid we'll have to push down our inner-Lois and try to be patient. Hopefully, KK, you'll comfort our disappointment with that other story you mentioned working on. smile

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I've really enjoyed this story and I look forward to the final part.

"Who's asking? Clark... or Superman?"
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
"Superman, I …" she paused and this time he frowned at her, instead. "Thank you … for saving all of us."

"Who is this Superman? Why do you keep calling me that?" Clark strode forward until they were almost toe to toe.

"I …" she faltered and gulped. "It just seemed the most appropriate thing to call you." Gaining confidence she continued in a stronger voice. "What with the large S on your chest, and all. Not to mention the super strength and … other stuff." She waved her hand up and down indicating his stature.
Eek! Gosh, this woman collects one gaffe after the other... jawdrop

"Please? Tell me. Do you know who I am?" Lois recognised the look on Clark's face, completely at odds with Superman's usual 'emotionless guardian' look. He was pleading with her, he was after information from her. He looked like a lost little boy.

Poor, poor Clark! Makes you want to enter into the story and hug him... Only for consolation purpose of course, what did you think?! angel-devil

Brava! clap Clark misunderstanding Lois' behaviour and thinking that she may know something about his origins is a plot twist that gives the story a lot of potential, in my opinion... And considering there's only one chapter left, this makes me look forward to the sequel wink (But please... Do something for Lois' mood swings! :P)

Go I Know Not Whither and Fetch I Know Not What
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Lo-is, YES Clark definitely, completely, utterly, and whole-heartedly cares about you! Can not imagine (due to how unmistakenly obvious it is in the show wink ) that that love isn't looking you straight in the face through Clark's eyes. Just look for it thumbsup .

And now more misunderstanding. Clark thinking Lois might know about his heritage--which, really, I guess, isn't a misunderstanding--she does know about Clark. But Clark feeling hurt that Lois won't talk to him about it. And all along, Lois is wanting to talk to him about everything--just trying to find that 'right' way/time to do it.

I really do think Clark was hoping Lois would recognize him--he seemed to be looking for that connection between them (that would show through his disguise).

Really looking forward to more! hyper
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by groobie
Sigh...Lois is WAY over-thinking this! Just tell him, already!
I know everyone wants Lois to tell him, she even wants to tell him. But, no matter how much she over thinks this, she really does realise that she can't be telling him when they've only known each other for 3 days.

She can't possibly believe that Clark has no romantic feelings for her - sure, she thinks that she's just projecting her own feelings on him, but there's no way to discount the adoration in Clark's eyes as he looks at her when he thinks she's not looking.
Poor Lois is so confused. She doesn't know how to interpret what Clark's looks mean anymore.

I will wait patiently for one more week and then I'll get my WAFF, or these guys wildguy wildguy wildguy will be coming for you! grin
Um ... I think I better go into hiding. *whooshes away*

Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
"Please? Tell me. Do you know who I am?"
That sounds like something someone with amnesia would say. I realize that this isn't ASU, but please tell me he doesn't have amnesia. I hope he was just asking whether he recognized him as being Clark.
He doesn't have amnesia. He doesn't suspect that she's recognised him as Clark, or the first word out of her mouth would have been CLARK. It was Superman. He thinks that she knows who Superman is ... ie, his powers, his 'S' crest, etc, etc. Remember, he hasn't found the globe yet, so he doesn't know he is an alien. THAT's what he thinks Lois now knows. And HE is desperate to know who/what he is.

What had hurt him?
I guess her memories from OL don't include Clark's views of his dual personae or his wanting her to fall for Clark rather than Superman.
Nope. It's something she's not picked up on, because OL's memories/love that she passed on, was equally for both personas, so Lois has never split them in her mind. BUT, in this case, what hurt him is that he thinks Lois knows his origins, but won't tell him.

There's only one part left. Somehow, I doubt the air will be fully cleared by then.
You could be right.

How far along are you with the sequel, and do you have an estimate of when you'll start to post it? (No pressure, you understand -- fanfic writing should be fun and not something with deadlines of any sort. This paragraph is not intended to pressure you, merely to let you know how much I am enjoying this story and looking forward to the next one, whenever it may come out.)

Joy,
Lynn
Plot is all sketched out, but not turned into any scenes yet. A different story has my attention at the moment. Although, once I AM back on this, it may come quickly.

Originally Posted by VirginiaR
Argh! wallbash How can she still believe that he doesn't care about her? He was jealous of Lex, wasn't he? Or did she not read it as jealousy?
Yup, she never saw it as jealousy. She suspects he likes her, then changes her mind, then changes it back again. ARGH!

LOIS: Oh, that's what I call this guy I work with named Clark Kent. Totally dreamy hunk of a genius reporter. I've fallen madly in love with him. You remind me a bit of him. /sighs/ No such luck, huh? /bats eyelashes innocently/ Too bad. It would have been nice to fly off into the sunset with him.

(too much, huh?)
That would have been an awesome way to tell him. LOL

Oh, crud. No, Clark! HOW would Lois know who he is? Like Lynn, it sounds to me as if Superman's arrived on Earth with amnesia. I don't know if he'd be 'eager' to have someone know more about him than himself.
Nope, it's his ORIGINS, he is curious about.

Her rapidly thumping heart skipped a few beats as she realised how close to that first kiss she really was. Clark's mouth was actually only inches from hers. She could reach out … stretch up just a little.

But how would he react?
SUPERMAN: /accidentally lets go/ Ooops! Sorry! /flies after her/
Hmmm. Possibly, but I wonder if his instinct might be more to ... hold on tighter!! grin

She'd work on him over the next few weeks. She'd invite him to her apartment for 'work assignments', she'd have lunch with him, she'd be his best friend and she'd make herself indispensable to him.

If he wasn't already attracted to her, then he soon would be!
Sounds like a workable plan.
Good. Lois is glad you approve.

He coughed and looked away. "Are you sure this is where you want to go, Lois? I can take you to your apartment."
LOIS: Really, Superman, we just met! How do you know where I live?
lol He's offering to take her. If she said 'yes' he would then ask her where her apartment was.

"I'll think about it, Lois." He laughed. "But I wonder if maybe you know more than you are letting on, already." After an initial moment of teasing his gaze became intense. She gasped and gulped. Could he read the guilt in her eyes?
Well, if that quote that the newsroom just heard doesn't bring B39 a trotting, I don't know what will. I'm sure Perry will interrogate her a slight bit too.
B39? Hmmm.

Hopefully, KK, you'll comfort our disappointment with that other story you mentioned working on. smile
Soon. I hope.

Originally Posted by Lady Loisette
I've really enjoyed this story and I look forward to the final part.
Hope you like it.

Originally Posted by HiddenMoon
Eek! Gosh, this woman collects one gaffe after the other... jawdrop
LOL. Of course, this IS Lois.

Poor, poor Clark! Makes you want to enter into the story and hug him... Only for consolation purpose of course, what did you think?! angel-devil
I'm always willing to give Clark a hug ... for consolation purposes only ...

Brava! clap Clark misunderstanding Lois' behaviour and thinking that she may know something about his origins is a plot twist that gives the story a lot of potential, in my opinion... And considering there's only one chapter left, this makes me look forward to the sequel wink (But please... Do something for Lois' mood swings! :P)
Lois' mood swings are done with now (I think). And Clark thinking that Lois knows about Superman's origins, will be looked into in the next story.

Originally Posted by LMA
Lo-is, YES Clark definitely, completely, utterly, and whole-heartedly cares about you! Can not imagine (due to how unmistakenly obvious it is in the show wink ) that that love isn't looking you straight in the face through Clark's eyes. Just look for it thumbsup .
It's all sooooo obvious, to US ... but maybe not so much to Lois.

And now more misunderstanding. Clark thinking Lois might know about his heritage--which, really, I guess, isn't a misunderstanding--she does know about Clark. But Clark feeling hurt that Lois won't talk to him about it. And all along, Lois is wanting to talk to him about everything--just trying to find that 'right' way/time to do it.
You nailed it perfectly there.

I really do think Clark was hoping Lois would recognize him--he seemed to be looking for that connection between them (that would show through his disguise).

Really looking forward to more! hyper
Laura
More on the way ...

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard