Hack from Nowheresville
Hello darkness... dizzy

https://vid.me/NlzG

Go I Know Not Whither and Fetch I Know Not What
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
If I wanted the dark side, I'd watch Star Wars. frown Unless subsequent trailers look a whole lot brighter, I'm not going to waste my precious theatre-going time on this one. (Because of personal commitments, I rarely get to see more than at most two movies in a year in a cinema.) I certainly hope that they are setting this up as being so dark in order to make Superman's light shine that much more brightly by contrast, and that the movie ends, at least, on a positive note. I hope that, but I don't think it very likely.

Thanks for sharing that, HiddenMoon.

- Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
What I found interesting in that blurry video was that Lex Luthor isn't shown. I wouldn't be surprised if he's orchestrating the whole plot against Superman. I'm not familiar with the voice which was doing the voice-over, so that could have been him. It didn't sound like Ben Afflack. I'm not sure I like that Batman has a metal cowl either. That looked weird. Since the subtitle of the film is Dawn of Justice (or something to that effect), I'm thinking that Batman and Superman will be allies by the end. True, it looks very dark; almost too dark to see anything clearly. I'm hoping when it's officially released, we can actually see more than shadows.

Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
Because of personal commitments, I rarely get to see more than at most two movies in a year in a cinema.
This year's movie budget is already allocated to Jurassic Park 4 and Star Wars, so I'm glad BvS isn't coming out until next year. I'm hoping now that my mom is moving to town, we'll be able to have a regular monthly date night (my hubby and I) instead of once-a-year (if that). Sigh. I remember back in the days before children when we (or, at least, I) went to the movies at least once a week. And that was in LA where movie prices are TWICE what they are here. (i.e. 10 years ago prices were twice what the current prices are here. I'd hate to see what they are now.)

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
Top Banana
I was extremely disappointing at the lack of Henry Cavill, but I still loved it all the same. The lack of Henry/Superman (apart from distance shots) made me realise something. This trailer seems extremely dark, yes, but that's because it's Batman's viewpoint and so it not a true representation of what the film will be. The character we saw the most of was Batman, and the voiceover was Alfred. I'm hoping that there will be a trailer from Superman's point of view at sometime, balancing out that this is a 'vs'. One on either side ...

But, I'm also hoping that they end it as allies ... in fact, I think it will be earlier on than just 'at the end'. They will have to team up for a (hopefully) significant amount of time.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Virginia - I'm assuming the metal mask is lead lined to prevent Supes from finding out it's Bruce Wayne under there. It wouldn't surprise me at all if the metal cowl is only there until Bats and Supes make nice with each other and become allies.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Kerth
Kerth
Already been taken down, unfortunately.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Marcus Rowland
Already been taken down, unfortunately.
It was there when I looked at it just now.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
The official trailer has landed! (click for youtube link)

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Kerth
Kerth
The title feels too verbose to me. Unless Dawn of Justice is the subtitle, of course.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
If I wanted the dark side, I'd watch Star Wars. frown Unless subsequent trailers look a whole lot brighter, I'm not going to waste my precious theatre-going time on this one. (Because of personal commitments, I rarely get to see more than at most two movies in a year in a cinema.) I certainly hope that they are setting this up as being so dark in order to make Superman's light shine that much more brightly by contrast, and that the movie ends, at least, on a positive note. I hope that, but I don't think it very likely.

Thanks for sharing that, HiddenMoon.

- Lynn

You're welcome wink
I think this shows how Nolan's Batmans have set the tone... If it's only for the trailer for marketing purpose or if it's really the mood of the movie, we'll see. Still, I'm intrigued by the themes surfacing here... I like the idea of Superman as a messianic figure (I still have to watch MoS, though). What really puzzles me about this movie is having two superheroes, two such larger-than-life characters share the spotlight...
In any case, the vibe will be very different from the breezy one we're used to in the LnC universe-a mirror of the times? smile

Go I Know Not Whither and Fetch I Know Not What
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Movie Posters for Batman v Superman. (I'm not posting the images directly because they show up HUGE.)

Is it just me, or are these just awful?

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hi HiddenMoon,

If you are interested in Superman as a messianic figure, you might enjoy a thread I started when I was still fairly new to the MB: Analysis of Superman as a Christ figure

Happy reading,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
And now for something completely different...

Batman v. Superman - Retro Style starring Christopher Reeve and Adam West. smile

Does that lighten it up enough for you, Lynn? wink

VirginiaR.
---
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S

That was fun!

Originally Posted by VirginiaR
And now for something completely different...

Batman v. Superman - Retro Style starring Christopher Reeve and Adam West. smile

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Thanks, Virginia. It's halfway there; now they just need to change the audio... wink

Thanks, Virginia.

Joy,
Lynn

L
Columnist
Columnist
L
I'm somewhat nervous, but still very excited, about this movie. On one hand, two of my favorite superheroes are appearing in a movie together. That part is a huge plus. On the other hand, they're going to fight each other. That's the part that makes me just a bit nervous. I'm sure the fight will be visually amazing to watch, but I just hope that the animosity isn't drawn out too long. I want to see the two of them working together to stop the real bad guys, not beating each other up.

Moderated by  bakasi, PuffyTiger 

Link Copied to Clipboard