Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
Snippets are Here.

Comments go here. smile

~•~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
How fun! Great little snippets. #2 is *still* rocking me with laugher, in particular. Clark's gonna be grateful for that impervious skin...

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Fantastic! I love how you took the opening into three very different, and fun, directions.

#1: Does it belong to Lane's girlfriend? Does Lane have gender issues? Some other explanation?

#2: I don't envy Clark...

#3: I had a feeling that was where this one was going. Even so, it was a fun premise.

If you come up with other vignettes based on the opening line, please share them with us.

Joy,
Lynn

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Snicker! smile

Number 2 is my favorite. Here comes Mad Dog Lane!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
What delightful vignettes! clap

#1: Oh, the possibilities! Did Lane not know that Clark was Superman, therefore not understand his need for a unique fashion statement? wink Did Lane think that Clark never did laundry and didn't know that it was white things turned pink when red (ahem capes, perhaps) were added into the load. For red to turn pink, it would have to be washed A LOT. Will Powerboy turn into Powergirl (don't ask me how that would be possible with their thick skin) someday?

#2: Gee, thanks, Dad. That's the most unique reveal I've seen in a long time. clap

#3: Bruce as Superman's (Superboy's) mentor? Eeek! How would poor Dick turn out? Would he still be able to retain Superman's sunny disposition or would some of Bruce's gruffness rub off on him?

Your little nibbles always make me hungry for more as distract my muse with their delightful yummy possibilities! Lots of fun!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
Cute little vignettes. smile And there are certainly more than three ways to go with that opening sentence. I like that you chose to share three wildly divergent ideas. Very creative!

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Great exercise--and such awesomely different outcomes hyper.

#2 definitely got my attention. Oh-my-goodness! clap. Can you imagine? ...

Lois would not only find out about Clark's secret, but also pretty much all about his heritage. And if that wouldn't be shock enough jawdrop, you also at the same time throw at Lois that she is 'a woman that you (Clark) care for', use the words that he has 'found a life-mate' (in Lois), and lastly, state that she (Lois) is 'the woman you (Clark) love'. And this is all in one paragraph notworthy --and spoken to Lois early enough in the first season when she is in denial of her feelings for Clark (and he hasn't spoken to her on the bench in the park about how he feels). Wow smile.

I would absolutely have loved to read what would happen next shock.

Great job--very much enjoyed it!
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 04/15/15 01:08 PM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Can I put in a formal request for #2 to spawn a much longer fic? Please???

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I (obviously from above wink ) second that request.

Laura

Last edited by LMA; 04/15/15 04:14 PM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
All three of them would make a good start for a longer story. Number two the most I think.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
The idea was basically to start with a single opening line and see what I could spin out of it.
Ooooh! Many an epic has sprung forth from such an event clap

“What is that and why do you have it?”
Lois to Clark, Superman’s globe.

Lane looked away from his father's gaze.
Okay, you’re way more creative. Did Lane find his mother’s toys his father was just putting away?

“Um, i-it's a European Carry-All,” he stammered.
Carry-All? What’s a Carry-All…?
THUFIR:
[Linked Image]

“They're all the rage in Europe, very practical—good for carrying things.”
Ah, umm…so…a bag?

“Why is it pink?” Clark asked him.

“It's not pink!” Lane insisted.
[Linked Image] Should not read/comment before heading to bed…Lane’s the one with the purse!

“It's just—a very light shade of red.”

“It's pink,” said Clark.
Clark now has to deal with his sexually ambiguous offspring?
NOR: [Linked Image]
KAL-EL: [Linked Image]

Clark turned the “carry-all” over in his hand. “This isn't something you wash in a machine,” he stated.

Lane smiled in triumph. “And that's why it turned pink!” he said.
rotflol

“It makes it easier to see it at night,” Lane answered. “It's very practical, you see.”
Rrrrrrright! Actually, green crystals would work way better with that.

Clark sighed and tossed the object onto the couch. “Lane, stop. Enough of the lies. Do you really think I'm that stupid?”
LANE: Well…
CLARK: Lane! I’m *not* your mother!

“This sounds like a job for Superman and Powerboy.”
*Powerboy*? No wonder he turned to *pink* purses laugh Also, do you happen to watch House of Lies? It somehow reminded me of the father/son duo there.

“What is that and why do you have it?”

Clark cringed as his partner turned to face him.
Ah, now for the globe?

He wasn't quite sure how she'd gotten into his apartment, much less how she'd found the globe, but here they were.
clap

A white light swept over them both, and then the hologram of Jor-El appeared.
Uh oh!
JOR-EL: Earthlings, now that you have become friends with Kal-El, you need to learn about his history…
CLARK: shock
JOR-EL: /aside/ wink

“Kal-El, my son,” the hologram spoke, “that you and a woman you care for are both in such close proximity to this globe means two things:
LOIS: mad
CLARK: help
JOR-EL: [Linked Image]

One, that you have found a life-mate,
He doesn’t know much about the mating habits of the earthbound human, does he?

The acting manager of Haley's Circus took a puff from his cigar. “Well now, see, Sir, this, Sir,” he said to Bruce, “is what we in the circus business call a sideshow.
Meeting Robin?

Bruce ran his eyes along the rocket one more time. It was small—barely large enough to contain a child—though it looked sturdy enough to survive a trip through the void of space.
Oooooh!

He glanced down at his young ward, watching for any signs of recognition, but the boy's expression had become unreadable, even to him.
Oh boy. A *flying* Robin.

Bruce glared at his retreating back. “Well, then,” he muttered, low enough that only Dick with his special talents could hear, “it looks like we'll be doing this the hard way.”
Carrying the ship on the back of his young ward?
BRUCE: Duh! After all, he’s got the muscle density *and* it’s *his* ship…

Fun ones! Well…threes smile

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard