#262388 04/11/15 12:18 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hope you enjoy it!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Kerth
Kerth
So Lois has been sleeping at Clark's apartment for at least a couple of weeks at this point, and they both acknowledge that they are a couple and don't view their sexual encounter as a mistake. So why is Clark still sleeping on the couch? Why aren't they sharing the bed, even if they aren't having sex every night? This part depicts them as a committed couple, so why is there a damper on that facet of their relationship?

I like that Lois treated Superman as a friend - there didn't seem to be any hero-worship or romantic feelings directed in his direction. That should really give Clark more of an incentive to reveal his secret - he can't believe that Lois doesn't have feelings for Clark in this situation.

Definitely looking forward to the next part. smile

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
There's a lot going on in this chapter, and I wonder if all the pieces will find a place in the final puzzle, e.g. the murder-suicide episode: right now I can't see the connection with the rest of the story (but maybe it's just me).
P.S.: Dear Clark, if you don't resolve quickly to tell Lois about your "other self", it'll blow in your face... And that will hurt. :-\

Go I Know Not Whither and Fetch I Know Not What
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by groobie
So Lois has been sleeping at Clark's apartment for at least a couple of weeks at this point, and they both acknowledge that they are a couple and don't view their sexual encounter as a mistake. So why is Clark still sleeping on the couch? Why aren't they sharing the bed, even if they aren't having sex every night? This part depicts them as a committed couple, so why is there a damper on that facet of their relationship?

I like that Lois treated Superman as a friend - there didn't seem to be any hero-worship or romantic feelings directed in his direction. That should really give Clark more of an incentive to reveal his secret - he can't believe that Lois doesn't have feelings for Clark in this situation.

Definitely looking forward to the next part. smile

More like only a week or so since the pheromone-induced night. So Clark is still being cautious with her and trying to remain as much of a gentleman as possible. (Don't worry, they will start bed sharing - platonically.)

Lois is definitely past the hero-worship stage (part of why she was willing to start dating Clark) and firmly in the friendzone with Superman. It *does* feel good to Clark, but there's still the simple matter of knowing that she actually *loves* him before it comes time to share any secrets...

Glad you are still reading and enjoying. Oh boy, does stuff begin to happen in the next chapter....

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by HiddenMoon
There's a lot going on in this chapter, and I wonder if all the pieces will find a place in the final puzzle, e.g. the murder-suicide episode: right now I can't see the connection with the rest of the story (but maybe it's just me).
P.S.: Dear Clark, if you don't resolve quickly to tell Lois about your "other self", it'll blow in your face... And that will hurt. :-\

The murder-suicide isn't part of the overall story. It's just a look into their daily work life.

Clark says he's still too scared to tell Lois about his double life. And then he went and hid behind the couch.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Top Banana
Top Banana
In spite of some serious stuff, this chapter was mostly WAFFy. smile1

But if Clark doesn't come clean to Lois soon, Perry's fears may become reality.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Annie B.
In spite of some serious stuff, this chapter was mostly WAFFy. smile1

But if Clark doesn't come clean to Lois soon, Perry's fears may become reality.

<Perry braces for impact> laugh

Thanks for stopping in!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hey DC wave

Playing a bit of catch-up this week, sorry for the delay in reading/FDK-ing wink.

Really enjoyed this chapter, and took away a sense that Lois and Clark are settling in nicely to being a couple. The conversation with Perry timed out nicely--I was happy that he let them know that he was aware of their changing relationship, obviously had a few concerns for the paper, but was supportive and trusted them. And as a couple, it was nice to see what life was like as they do their job.

But (...yeah, I love the romance grin ), what I really enjoyed were the private personal moments between Lois and Clark:

Lois smiled at him. "Are you going to miss me?" she guessed.

Clark blushed and dipped his head in a nod. "Yeah, what gave it away?"

"Oh," she said, smiling wider and playing with his tie, "just the look on your face. Like someone ran over your puppy with a tractor trailer."

"Is it such a crime for a man to enjoy having his girlfriend living with him?" he asked sweetly.

That made her laugh lightly. "No. It makes him cute."

"That's me," Clark said playfully. "Mr. Adorable."

"I said 'cute,' not 'adorable,'" she corrected him.

"I know. I was fixing your mistake," he joked back.

"You are always editing my copy," she mock complained.

"I know." He shot her a huge grin.

This was a really 'cute' and 'adorable' exchange between them clap. Awesome back and forth, and it had such a fun, WAFFy undertone to it. I could totally play this scene out in my mind (and did, each of the couple of times that I read it blush ).

Also:

"Hello?" came Lois' voice over the earpiece.

"Hey, Lois. It's me."

"Hi, Clark." He could hear the smile in her voice. "What's up?"

"Nothing. Just wanted to hear your voice."

"You must be a mind reader. I was just thinking of calling you."

"Oh?"

"Yeah. I guess I've gotten used to not being all alone at night," she said.

"Me too."

"I'd forgotten how lonely it can get."

Is that an invitation to come over? he wondered.

"Me too," he repeated. "Is everything all right over there?"

"Quiet as a mouse," she replied.

"Glad to hear it."

"Clark?"

"Hmm?"

"I miss you."

"I miss you too."

Just say the word and I'll be on my way.

"I know this is going to sound stupid, but I'm so glad that...well...that we're together. As a couple, I mean."

His smile crept across his face, going from ear to ear. "It's not stupid, Lois. I'm glad that we're together too. You have no idea how happy I've been, ever since you said 'yes' to our first date."

"Well, it's not that hard to imagine," she teased him. "You've been walking around with the biggest grin on the planet since our first date."

Clark chuckled. "I guess that's probably true."

"Hey, Clark?" she asked after a brief silence fell.

"Yeah?" he asked.

"Thanks for calling," she said after a slight hesitation. "I think I'm going to turn in for the night."

"Me too," Clark said, his heart falling a little when she didn't ask him to come back over to her place. "Goodnight, Lois. I'll see you in the morning."

"Goodnight, Clark."

Oh-so-very-sweet love. You could really feel all of what is unsaid. The longing, realizing how used to spending their evenings together they both become, how well their relationship is going. I, like Clark, was just aching for her to ask him to come over grovel.

Looking forward to the next installment--and, at least with me being behind, there is less time to wait hyper.

Laura

P.S.--
"Perry, we'll be fine," Lois assured him. "We're complete professionals. And besides, Clark and I have a different relationship than Norcross and Judd did. We've always been honest with one another. Right, Clark?" She looked to him for an answer.

Clark swallowed hard. "Uh...right."

"See?" she said, not noticing the slight hesitation that had been in his voice, bringing her gaze back to their boss. "We'll be fine."

Eeeeee. Clark--you have got to tell your girlfriend the truth...and soon. It's only going to hurt her more the longer you wait. Do it!

Last edited by LMA; 04/16/15 01:05 AM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi, Laura! wave

Glad you enjoyed it. I love writing the little moments between Lois and Clark, so I'm glad to know that you liked reading them. smile They are both definitely settling into their new relationship - quite comfortably. Of course, you realize that this means thing are about to go boom. devilsplat (I promise, the next chapter will have a big boom-moment in it.)

Got to love Perry - he's always so concerned for them first, and the paper as a close second.

Will Clark's secret come out? Stay tuned...

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard