Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
This isn't so much a challenge as it is a request.

I've been wondering... how did Clark find out he could fly? They did a bit of it in "Superman Returns", but how did our LnC Clark find it out?

I'd be interested in hearing various takes on it.

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Since the show is moot on this point, it's anybody's guess. My take: He climbed a tree to rescue a cat who couldn't figure out how to get down. He managed to calm the feline and to get a hold of it, but he slipped on his way down. He only fell about halfway, and then instinct took over and the next thing he knew, he and the cat were both on the tree limb once again.

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Happy
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
In Specimen S, I had Clark start to float in his sleep, bonk his head on the ceiling, and wake up to the knowledge that he could fly.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
In Wrong Clark, Alt-Clark learned he could fly after Lana kissed his cheek on prom night. Here's the paragraph:
Originally Posted by Wrong Clark
Returning to the Ross Farm that night, Clark had taken off into a dead run on the old country road and with one of his leaps of happiness that Lana had kissed his cheek, he had found himself airborne. For the first time in his life, he had felt free.
The truck had broken down after he'd dropped Lana off at her house.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
Top Banana
One of the funniest scenarios I've read was in Shayne Terry's story 'Homecoming'.

They didn’t come down. Instead, they simply hung in the night sky motionless against the stars.

“Don’t worry,” Clark said. “I’ve got you.”

“Who’s got you?” Lois couldn’t help that her voice sounded a little shrill and hysterical.

“Uh…I don’t know,” he admitted. “This is new.”

I loved this one!

In my story 'Panem', Clark discovers his ability to fly when he jumps into a tree to prune out some dead wood, misjudges the height of his leap and goes over the tree, and floats instead of falling.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
In the show, Martha only says that Clark learned to fly at eighteen, happily leaving us to come up with all these great ideas!!!! party

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Given the propensity for the subconscious mind to process things before the conscious and that Clark has shown a habit of floating in his sleep, I suspect teenage Clark woke one morning to find himself on the ceiling. laugh

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by LabRat
Given the propensity for the subconscious mind to process things before the conscious and that Clark has shown a habit of floating in his sleep, I suspect teenage Clark woke one morning to find himself on the ceiling.
If I recall correctly, that's what happened on Smallville. It was funny because Clark was scared of heights.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard